Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Which products to remove swirls?

Vehicles
      Bagged MK6 GLI, Ex-BT B5A4 Owner
      08-05-2012 10:59 AM #1
      Hey guys,

About to pick up my first orbital buffer: http://www.detailersdomain.com/Griot...it-_p_694.html

Phil has one heck of a deal there and I really want to grab it. I spoke to him about possibly substituting the three included Adam's products for different Adam's products if I wanted and he said it would be okay.

My question is, which three Adam's products would you recommend to get rid of moderate to severe swirls and scratches on my Black Audi? I was thinking of simply replacing the "Adam's Revive Polish" for "Adam's Machine Polish" but am not too familiar with Adam's products.

Hope you guys can help. Thanks!
      Follow me on Instagram: @coreyfonseca
      I offer automotive detailing services in RI. PM me for details.

2. Forum Sponsor DetailersDomain's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2010 S4, 2007 Q7, 2002 911 Turbo
      08-05-2012 11:51 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by c0r3y.af View Post
      Hey guys,

About to pick up my first orbital buffer: http://www.detailersdomain.com/Griot...it-_p_694.html

Phil has one heck of a deal there and I really want to grab it. I spoke to him about possibly substituting the three included Adam's products for different Adam's products if I wanted and he said it would be okay.

My question is, which three Adam's products would you recommend to get rid of moderate to severe swirls and scratches on my Black Audi? I was thinking of simply replacing the "Adam's Revive Polish" for "Adam's Machine Polish" but am not too familiar with Adam's products.

Hope you guys can help. Thanks!
      you would have to consider, severe swirls and haze remover (green bottle) and fine machine polish, then a wax would be buttery wax.

Vehicles
      08-05-2012 12:14 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
      you would have to consider, severe swirls and haze remover (green bottle) and fine machine polish, then a wax would be buttery wax.
      Great, thanks. That's what I had in mind. Just placed my order!

4. Forum Sponsor DetailersDomain's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2010 S4, 2007 Q7, 2002 911 Turbo
      08-05-2012 12:19 PM #4
      sure thing

Vehicles
      2006 Candy White GTI
      08-05-2012 03:27 PM #5
      Keep in mind that the pad makes a difference too. Even if you're using a heavy compound, sometimes you need a more abrasive pad to take care of the real heavy scratches. Always try to start with a higher PPI pad, like maybe your green one for normal scratches, but if it's real bad and the green doesn't get it out, step up to the orange, or even the yellow. As usual, better safe than sorry but often times I have to use an orange pad for the swirls on the black car.

Vehicles
      08-06-2012 10:05 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by l1t43 View Post
      Keep in mind that the pad makes a difference too. Even if you're using a heavy compound, sometimes you need a more abrasive pad to take care of the real heavy scratches. Always try to start with a higher PPI pad, like maybe your green one for normal scratches, but if it's real bad and the green doesn't get it out, step up to the orange, or even the yellow. As usual, better safe than sorry but often times I have to use an orange pad for the swirls on the black car.
      Great tip, thank you. I did end up getting one of each color pad because I wasn't sure what I needed. I'll start with the green and work my way up