With dates and a location announced, it's time to get this party started.
Location: Recreation park on 125th.
Time: Saturday, Sept. 29th @ 2:00pm.
Last year we shut down the entire street with mk3's, so lets be sure to do it again this year. Everyone with a mk3 is invited, whether you want to play kick ball or not.
The kickball game is Static vs. Air. Unlike last year, we will have pre-established rules to make the game a little more "fair" (air has Seth this year so static is ****ed either way).
Post up what team you'll be representing and perhaps a photo of the mk3 you'll be driving.
Team Air Ride!
Official "MKIII Kick" Rules & Regulations
- "Team Air Ride" shall wear red jerseys.
- "Team Static" shall wear blue jerseys.
- Each team will have one team captain who participates in a coin flip at the beginning of the game to decide who kicks/fields first.
- The game ball will be a regulation size W.A.K.A. kickball.
- The first team to reach 25 points will be declared the 2012 MKIII Kick Champions.
- When the first team reaches 25 points, the opposing team will get one last inning to kick, to attempt to beat the opposing teams score. If the previous score is beaten, it will continue to go on until there is a winner.
- The amount of players limited to the field is 11. This includes the following positions: Pitcher, catcher, first base, second base, short stop, third base, left field, left center, center field, right center, and right field.
- If the ball is caught in the air, without the ball touching the ground, the kicker is out. Whether the ball is fair, or foul.
- If the kicker is hit with the ball, without it touching the ground first while running to a base, the kicker/runner is out.
- If the kicker/runner is tagged by the ball while running to a base, they are out.
KICKING / RUNNING BASES
- The kicker will get three (3) attempts to kick the ball into the fair play area.
- A strike will count as a missed kick, or a ball kicked into the foul area, even on the third strike.
- The kicker will get a total of four (4) re-pitches. After that point, the kicker must make an attempt to kick the ball.
- Leading bases is permitted, however, be weary that you may be picked off by the pitcher.
- The "tag up" rule will be in effect. This means that if you are on base ready to go to the next base, and are leading that base, the ball is kicked into the air and caught, you must tag the base you are at and continue on to the next base.
- Stealing bases is not permitted.
- Sliding is encouraged.
- The only "automatic" home run, is if the ball is kicked into the water, or to Europe.