Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Scratched 19" Tornado Wheels

Vehicles
      2012 Beetle Turbo
      08-05-2012 02:48 PM #1
      I have a 2012 Beetle Turbo with 19" Tornado Wheels. I recently washed my car and used wheel cleaner from ArmorAll that stated that it was "safe for use on all factory and after-market wheels." I noticed a short while later that there were white lines going horizontally across some of the spokes that would not come off. it appears that the finish was somehow removed. Does anyone have any input on this or advice on repairing the "scratches?" I can supply pics via email if that helps. Thanks!

Vehicles
      2013 Passat TDI Highline, 1996 Audi UrS6, 1991 Mk2 Jetta (mint)
      08-05-2012 09:17 PM #2
      First off....Armor All Anything....sucks....avoid like the plague
      Check with your dealer and have them confirm that the finish has been damaged....maybe warranty, maybe not.....I would possibly claim innocence on knowing the cause, but do what you're comfortable with. If you don't want to try that route I would document everything at this point and make a claim with Armor All the company to have the finish repaired or wheels replaced.

Congrats on your Beetle purchase, you may want to post more in the other beetle forum, this one is for the older body style(s) last gen "new Beetles"