Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Typical set back, or bad idea

1. 08-05-2012 02:50 PM #1
      I lift through out the week, and base every meal and snack on my lifting goals, and also try to get significant hours of sleep. I like the lifestyle and it feels good. That simple. I don't really drink because I hate the hangovers and don't like to miss meals. I lifted through the last 4 years and got nothing out of it really, because I was partying my ass off and hardly eating. I should say actually I've been over the drinking for about 2 years now. Didn't have a problem stopping, I was just in it for the excitement anyway. Boats, bars, whatever was wild and crazy. Now a days if I even have a few drinks I don't even like the feeling and im not gonna condition my self back into it. No loss, it's the best thing for me.
      ANYWAY--
      I've been with this girl for like 2 years. Way cool. Way funny. Very beautiful. Down for doing fun things and trips whenever. BUT... She likes to get black out drunk with her girlfriends on the weekends. It's been a dilemma. I'm not frowning upon it, it's just. It my lifestyle anymore. She said it she doesn't want it to be hers either but she loves it.
      Do I need to smack myself in the face and drop this ball and chain or just let her do her thing? She's totally responsible and crap through out the week, but I don't want my kids thinking that's cool, and I've gone out with my friends and ran into her in the past and she's always being trustworthy and with her friends but she's like destroyed. Like I'm not even attracted to her when she's like this. Reeks like cigs and kinda stumbles around. Am I just growing up a little bit before her and expecting her to mature at the same time? Or wtf?

08-05-2012 02:57 PM #2
      Gross

08-05-2012 04:16 PM #3
      I think you are getting towards the answer in your last sentence. You are maturing, and she isn't at your level either because she just... isn't, or because she refuses to do be.

I would drop her like a rock. Nothing good becomes of a lifestyle such as that. I don't even know the last time I was drunk, but I drink all the time. Dinner, post dinner, go to the bar, and stuff like that. However, I don't ever get anywhere near drunk because I just don't see a reason for it. I'm not in high school anymore.

Vehicles
      '11 GTI, '12 VW Passat 2.5 SE,
      08-05-2012 09:22 PM #4
      Sounds like she wants to stay at the Jersey Shore, and your ready to move to the upper east side. You'll meet new people when you move, and won't look back. You know what you gotta do.
      VW's from my past.
      1986 Scirocco 16v, 1998 Jetta GLX Vr6, 2002 Passat 1.8t, 2005 Passat 1.8t, 2009 Passat 2.0t.

5. 08-06-2012 09:13 AM #5
      LOL!

I'm about to be 29 and I drink like CRAZY! I black out drunk all the time. Drinking and partying doesn't make you immature. What matters is how you balance it out.

During the week I'm a full time student, have high paying job, and I just opened my own business.

You may not like her lifestyle, if you can't live with it, then you can't. My girlfriend tells me all the time she is sick of drinking, but Saturday nights she's always ready to go out. The problem is not the partying, its her lack of motivation on the weekdays that slows her down.

6. Member
      08-06-2012 09:46 AM #7
      As you can clearly see- Xander is about the positivity.

7. 08-06-2012 12:47 PM #8
      I'll never get sick of drinking.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      08-06-2012 01:33 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by ::xander:: View Post
      LOL!

I'm about to be 29 and I drink like CRAZY! I black out drunk all the time. Drinking and partying doesn't make you immature. What matters is how you balance it out.

During the week I'm a full time student, have high paying job, and I just opened my own business.

You may not like her lifestyle, if you can't live with it, then you can't. My girlfriend tells me all the time she is sick of drinking, but Saturday nights she's always ready to go out. The problem is not the partying, its her lack of motivation on the weekdays that slows her down.
      Yes it does
      Last edited by Egilbe; 08-07-2012 at 10:03 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

9. Member
      08-06-2012 03:52 PM #10
      Count me in as an immature 38 year old then!

08-06-2012 05:51 PM #11
      Yeah cigs yuck, but as bad as this will sound I only like to have lot of drinks. I hate having a few. Only a few makes me tired. I don't go out much but wen I do I go out
      Last edited by quiksilver6; 08-06-2012 at 05:55 PM.

11. 08-06-2012 05:52 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      Yes it does
      only boring people say that!

12. Member
      08-06-2012 06:36 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver6 View Post
      Yeah cigs yuck, but as bad as this will sound I only like to have lot of drinks. I hate having a few. Only a few makes me tired. I don't go out much but wen I do I go out
      Man, that is unfortunate. Sometimes there is nothing better than enjoying 1 or 2 fine whiskey or tequilas without getting drunk.

08-06-2012 07:09 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      Man, that is unfortunate. Sometimes there is nothing better than enjoying 1 or 2 fine whiskey or tequilas without getting drunk.
      I should say this, I love having 1-3 nice whiskey drinks or even sipping in some nice tequila if I'm pretty high. If I didn't smoke tho, typically not interested in just a few

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      08-06-2012 07:51 PM #15
      Count me in as an immature 38 year old then!
      you get blackout drunk?
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

15. Member
      08-07-2012 09:21 AM #16
      I was commenting only on the exchange about drinking and partying not making you immature.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      08-07-2012 10:03 AM #17
      I was commenting only on the exchange about drinking and partying not making you immature.
      I should have bolded the blackout drunk part, too

fixed

17. Member
      08-07-2012 12:09 PM #18
      In that case, do not count me in as an immature 38 year old.

18. 08-23-2012 04:40 AM #19
      Sounds like she wants to stay at the Jersey Shore, and your ready to move to the upper east side. You'll meet new people when you move, and won't look back. You know what you gotta do.