Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Public Photography Etiquette?

Vehicles
      2002 Volkswagen Jetta 2.slw
      08-05-2012 05:25 PM #1
      What do you guys think about taking pictures of people's cars when they are in parking lots or public places that have nothing to do with a car show?

2. 08-06-2012 08:12 PM #2
      Ive done it... but usually it is an exotic car. I think if its obviously a "car person's" car... then they will understand. But if your taking pictures of peoples toyota prius... they might call the cops

3. 08-06-2012 08:41 PM #3
      Came in expecting people seeking tips on street photography... leaving disappointed.

4. Banned
      Vehicles
      Lot's of Nike's
      08-06-2012 10:01 PM #4
      i took a piktar of a rare colored mk2 @ a Costco once.. at least 5 officers showed up asking plenty of questions.. found out and old couple called, worried about their toyota camry..

Vehicles
      08-06-2012 11:52 PM #5
      old people... Yeah i'm somewhat scared of that, but i'm pretty sure it's not illegal so I don't think I could get into any real trouble.

6. 08-07-2012 12:32 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by yel0wsn0 View Post
      Came in expecting people seeking tips on street photography... leaving disappointed.

Seriously, random cars in parking lots??
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      This has to be my jam right now. If I had a few more subcontractors intothis type of **** the old lady would be done by now. Give me the kayak you know somebody is being a poseureur about.
      Oh My Tumblr: DGDCphotography.tumblr.com

Vehicles
      08-07-2012 12:43 AM #7
      Well you see I live in Alabama and the only german car show close by that I know about is Sowo. So I don't get many opportunities to see nice cars much less take pictures of them so I was wondering what other people thought.

08-07-2012 11:20 AM #8
      This
      B5 S4
      84 GTI (Sold)
      03 24v turbo (sold)

9. Banned
      Vehicles
      Lot's of Nike's
      08-07-2012 11:58 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by TrentonH1 View Post
      old people... Yeah i'm somewhat scared of that, but i'm pretty sure it's not illegal so I don't think I could get into any real trouble.
      maybe, but you might bring unwanted/bad attention to yourself.. if i were you, id find some car meets & start there, doesnt always have to be euro, especially if you need practice.

Vehicles
      a van
      08-07-2012 03:41 PM #10
      just be respectful and don't try to make a photoshoot out of it. give the owner and car the respect it deserves as a personal piece of property, not some thing to be ogled at (though maybe that's why the owner has that car in the first place).

case in point - i saw a 1972 Lotus Europa in a work parking lot during a lunch break, so i went over and snapped a couple quick shots on the cameraphone. owner was walking towards the car anyway, so i asked about it, and he offered to take a pic of me sitting in the driver's seat.
      twitter x PSN:zerosaint x MUFC x FS: 18" 4x100 TRD Wheels
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSavvy View Post
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

11. 08-07-2012 05:10 PM #11
      It's actually funny. The gf and I have an ongoing joke about her car. As such I've started taking pictures of every one that machete her generation and color and posting them to a tumblr.

Www.fauxbias.com

12. 08-07-2012 10:11 PM #12
      It's actually funny. The gf and I have an ongoing joke about her car. As such I've started taking pictures of every one that machete her generation and color and posting them to a tumblr.

Www.fauxbias.com
      That's pretty funny and I think it just blue itself
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      This has to be my jam right now. If I had a few more subcontractors intothis type of **** the old lady would be done by now. Give me the kayak you know somebody is being a poseureur about.
      Oh My Tumblr: DGDCphotography.tumblr.com

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      A really slow Jetta
      08-15-2012 06:09 PM #13
      You must start that thread NAAAOOOOOWWWW!!!

Back on topic, just be nice. And if they ask why you're taking a picture of their car, just say that you like it

Vehicles
      8 Rings / TDI
      08-20-2012 06:35 PM #14

Www.fauxbias.com
      **** yeah!
      PM Travy℠ |flickr | mikegilbertphotography.com | Everything you need to know | » | Scratch-It™ | Vimeo
      Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      China's main industries are spitting, noisy soup eating, and blatant copyright infringement.

Vehicles
      AWD BT 20TH and EVO VII RS
      08-22-2012 10:02 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by TrentonH1 View Post
      Well you see I live in Alabama and the only german car show close by that I know about is Sowo. So I don't get many opportunities to see nice cars
      You know the people that put in SoWo are based in Alabama, right?

That being said, I do it all the time here in Japan. I just try to make sure people aren't in the car.