Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 02' TT - Bose Audio-Concert Insight

1. 08-06-2012 10:55 AM #1
      null
      Last edited by rshackle32; 08-29-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Vehicles
      2004.5 VW GLi 1.8T
      08-07-2012 12:01 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Sulman View Post
      I purchased the following head unit for my tt:
      ALPINE CDE-HD137BT bought a wiring harness as well as the amp adapter for the boss kit... I went ahead and got it installed...
      It sounded great...there was only one issue..I would hear a loud pop every time i switched sources, changed tracks, hit basically any button on the unit even switching radio stations...it was kind of annoying but the quality was still decent.. anyway I got annoyed with it...so I went back to the stereo shop that I had it installed and asked them for a solution, they examined what was happening and quoted me a $150 for an amp-bypass kit..okay fine I'd bite the bullet as long as the loud pop would go away...got the car back..the pop was gone..relief...Audio CD's played beautifully (none mp3) thats all I had at the moment, but when I switched to my usb device or stream through bluetooth mp3 quality absolutely horrid. its so distorted that its at the point where I had to have the fader fade to the rear four levels (R4) to make it bareable, the bass is horrible, the highs are too high..it just sounds terrible...I am really at a loss on what to do.. I really don't to seem like an pestering customer; and complain..because 1) I don't know if its an issue with my car or its supposed to be like that..has anyone experienced this..I just want good quality again after spending nearly $400 on the system and install I am frustrated..it was better when I had the stock unit and my 6-disc changer...would like some thoughts and opinions

- I've tried different encoded mp3
      192kbps-320kbps - all sound horrible..but audio cd's sound crisp and clear.
      Use the ISVE61 to do the common ground setup on your bose, pop will go away.
      12v Installation Services: Audio, Alarms/Remote Starts, OEM Integration, etc.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      Pioneer, Kenwood, Hertz, Audison, Rockford Fosgate

3. 08-09-2012 11:13 AM #3
      I've tried looking for this product, have found many used ones on ebay...where can I get one new?

er-edit I think my local best buy has one

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AAMP+OF+...=1156203597652
      Last edited by rshackle32; 08-09-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Vehicles
      2004.5 VW GLi 1.8T
      08-09-2012 03:29 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Sulman View Post
      I've tried looking for this product, have found many used ones on ebay...where can I get one new?

er-edit I think my local best buy has one

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AAMP+OF+...=1156203597652
      That's the piece. If you can't get it local hit me up, I'll get you one and ship it to you.
      12v Installation Services: Audio, Alarms/Remote Starts, OEM Integration, etc.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      Pioneer, Kenwood, Hertz, Audison, Rockford Fosgate

5. 08-10-2012 09:56 AM #5
      Appreciate all your insight and help / going to try and run by and get it today