Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Create your own Protein Site Review (www.truenutrition.com)

1. 08-06-2012 11:48 AM #1
      So after finally deciding to make an attempt at creating my own mixture I finally did it.
      For those of you who are un-aware; www.truenutrition.com lets you create your protein the way you want.... my mixture consisted of the following:

60% Whey Isolate microfiltered
      10% Micellar Casein
      10% Milk protein isolate
      5% Hydrolized whey
      5% glutamine peptides
      5% BCAA's
      5% EAA's

I'm personally not afraid of sucralose (splenda) so I went with a premium flavor of PB&J. But if you pick a natural flavor it can be the same but just uses stevia which i'm personal not a fan of (flavor wise)

The taste was a little to strong because being afraid I went with 2x flavoring but personally 1x flavor would have been perfect.

Shipping was timely: took about 1 week from California to Georgia ..not bad, although shipping cost could be cheaper.. cost me 11$ for 3lbs... you really save big the more you buy from them but being a trial I didnt want to over do-it.

Overall Im very pleased: My mixture is pretty well rounded IMHO... the hydro-whey will hit the muscles when they need it the most.. the casein will provide amino's throughout the day ensuring not to starve the muscles during recovery..

Next Time I will be creating a post-workout specific blend including some dextrose or some kind of carb-supplement to increase recovery.

If any one has any questions let me know and if you do make a purchase use coupon code: LRM510 for 5% off.
      I dont want my J-Lines anymore...

2. Member
      08-06-2012 12:24 PM #2
      That's pretty bad ass.

3. 08-06-2012 03:30 PM #3
      So many options, my ADD kicked.

HOW DO I KNOW WHICH ONES TO CHOOSE?!

4. Member
      08-06-2012 03:54 PM #4
      well, I would first look for the adderall option

5. 08-06-2012 09:52 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by spoolin215 View Post
      So many options, my ADD kicked.

HOW DO I KNOW WHICH ONES TO CHOOSE?!
      If u need help building a mix let me know your intent and I might be able to help

6. Member
      08-06-2012 10:44 PM #6
      Some site has a mix that is supposed to replicate Biotest's Anaconda.

To be more clear, they ordered the mix from trueprotein, but it's supposed to be very similar to Anaconda for about %40 of the price.

7. 08-07-2012 07:06 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      well, I would first look for the adderall option

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey(banned)vr6 View Post
      If u need help building a mix let me know your intent and I might be able to help

I pretty much use protein in two instances: when I'm in a rush and I don't have time to make a real breakfast, and post workout. FWIW I'm a weightlifter and I'm currently cutting weight to get down to the next weight class (permanent cut, not water weight).

8. 08-07-2012 09:48 AM #8
      If I were you then I would run

70%whey isolate
      10% hydrolized whey
      10% micellar casein
      5% bcaa
      5% eaa

This will be good all around and won't put on extra weight

Vehicles
      '95 Ẽfini RX-7 Type R
      08-07-2012 12:24 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Whitey(banned)vr6 View Post

Shipping was timely: took about 1 week from California to Georgia ..not bad, although shipping cost could be cheaper.. cost me 11$ for 3lbs... you really save big the more you buy from them but being a trial I didnt want to over do-it.
      I thought you meant it was $11 for the whole thing and I went to the site and tried to order
      $34.03 for your recommended mix 3 lbs. Not bad anyway. Really cool site.
      "It would take a cross-wired star trek replicator, if not an act of God, to make a left-hand-drive Skyline GT-R for the U.S." - Don Schroeder

10. 08-07-2012 12:32 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by GodSquadMandrake View Post
      I thought you meant it was $11 for the whole thing and I went to the site and tried to order
      $34.03 for your recommended mix 3 lbs. Not bad anyway. Really cool site.
      Sorry about the confusion ... Yea it averages about 11$ a pound... But your getting quality protien... The type you want ... without any bull**** additives and my favorite part is that you can get every pound a different flavor and it won't cost you any extra... Just ordered key lime pie and cookie dough... I'll let you guys know how they taste

Vehicles
      '95 Ẽfini RX-7 Type R
      08-07-2012 12:40 PM #11
      That's so awesome. Basically you're just creating astronaut food.
      "It would take a cross-wired star trek replicator, if not an act of God, to make a left-hand-drive Skyline GT-R for the U.S." - Don Schroeder