Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: My band Gentlemen and Scholars- Entire catalog for free download/streaming

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta GLX VR6, 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally
      08-06-2012 12:18 PM #1
      Hey everyone!

I'm fairly new to vwvortex, but I've received quite a bit of helpful information from many users on here already. My car knowledge is limited, but I figured I could at least give back a little by giving away some music. I've been a musician for about 15 years, and I've been making music with this group of guys for a majority of that time. When we really decided to make this a career path, we were around 17 and 18 years old. I'm 23 now, and in that time we've released 2 full length albums and a new EP. Those 3 releases, plus a makeshift collection of demos and unreleased material is available for free download or stream at http://www.gentlemenandscholars1.bandcamp.com

I know its not much, but I hope some people like it. Feel free to pass it around, we're currently recording a new EP due out in late September.

Vehicles
      87 Cabby
      08-06-2012 01:36 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by pbrady5 View Post
      Hey everyone!

I'm fairly new to vwvortex, but I've received quite a bit of helpful information from many users on here already. My car knowledge is limited, but I figured I could at least give back a little by giving away some music. I've been a musician for about 15 years, and I've been making music with this group of guys for a majority of that time. When we really decided to make this a career path, we were around 17 and 18 years old. I'm 23 now, and in that time we've released 2 full length albums and a new EP. Those 3 releases, plus a makeshift collection of demos and unreleased material is available for free download or stream at http://www.gentlemenandscholars1.bandcamp.com

I know its not much, but I hope some people like it. Feel free to pass it around, we're currently recording a new EP due out in late September.

Wow :O

I like it.

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      08-06-2012 04:48 PM #3
      Thanks a lot man! In fact, thank you for taking the time to go out of your way to post a reply! We've got more music coming, but for now there is a decent amount on there and available!

Vehicles
      GTI | CX9
      08-08-2012 02:46 PM #4
      What do you play? Do you write collaboratively or is there one person steering the ship? I'm always curious about the process...

Sounds good btw, production really suits the music.
      dasjettakartell - immortalized on the wall, forgotten on the floor

#HOTTESTCHICKINTHAGAME

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      08-09-2012 07:53 PM #5
      Thanks for the complement! I play guitar and piano for the band. We utilize 3 guitars, so its a bit of a challenge to organize or orchestrate all of it without making everything too complicated, but I like to think that we've found a happy medium.

As for our writing process, I'd have to ultimately say its a joint venture. Don't get me wrong, either Jeremiah (our vocalist) or Shane (bassist) will typically bring an idea to the table, and then it just becomes a jam session. After some layering, part writing, and serious contemplation, we may end up with a rough idea of the song structure. Personally, I always write my parts or my riffs better in a studio environment. We don't like to put elements in our songs or on our records that we can't reproduce live- we've always been and always will be a live band. But, I like to take that as a challenge. When I say I play keyboards, I do, but my stage set up consists of my guitar, my guitar rig (amp and pedals), a midi keyboard controller and a macbook pro. I use the macbook for all of my piano, organ, and instrumental sounds that I play out on the keyboard.

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      08-09-2012 10:05 PM #6