THREAD CLOSED! These are sold. Thanks all.
Up for sale is a great deal on my B+G S3 Speed Sensitive Coilovers. They look great and work great. These coilovers are very rare nowadays especially since many manufactures no longer make all the cool stuff they did for our TT's as they did when there was a larger after-market sector a few years back. The technology behind these is pretty cool, and pretty much goes after the "I wish Koni FSDs were a lot more sportive crowd". These coilovers dampen according to your speed and road conditions, I believe the shock takes input according to frequency of oscillations that it gets as you are driving and the dampening is automatically adjusted from there. I found the coilovers to be about on par with H&R for stiffness. I refinished the coilovers and their springs from the original boring silver to a much sexier and resistant rubberized black to cover up some of the peeling of the original spring paint and to have them match B+Gs newest RS3 line of coilovers.
2 Font springs & shocks
2 Front spring plates, helper coils, and helper coil mounts
2 Rear springs &shocks
2 Rear perches
Things you should know (i.e. why your getting such a great deal besides the fact that I'm a nice guy)
* As pictured in pic#3, a metal bushing one of the rear shocks is missing. Best option is to just transfer the insert from your old OEM shock. Otherwise, a machine shop could easily mill one matched to the other shock's specs or, a mechanic could probably cut something to fit and press it in.
* I no longer have the perch adjustment wrenches (my tool chest was stolen out of my moving truck). Any perch spanner wrench should work avail. at ECS for $20 and prob. cheaper elsewhere, otherwise the coilovers are set for about an inch to half an inch of wheel gap on my TT as pictured below
Missing bushing insert on one of the rear struts
One of the chipped paint areas
Installed on my car
The description from B+G is:
B+G S3 coilovers are designed and produced exclusively by World Class Motorsports Technicians. Designed for street driving and occasional track use, each application combines race proven technology with the vehicle's unique design characteristics for the ultimate in ride and handling. Featuring B+G's exclusive Speed Sensitive™ technology, each Coilover System incorporates monotube gas charged shocks with dual springs perched on a fully threaded shock body. B+G Coilovers allow you to dial in height adjustment for the perfect combination of aggressive stance and enhanced handling, without the teeth rattling ride associated with other Coilover Systems.
* Ride height adjustment from 1 to 3 inches lower than stock
* Dual spring design perched on monotube gas charged dampers
* Low bleed system to maintain ride quality and eliminate the harsh ride associated with other Coilover Systems
* Proprietary speed sensitive mechanism automatically adjusts dampening for improved handling during high speed or aggressive driving condition