VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Cars and/or brands that have been ruined for you because of people

25K views 156 replies 95 participants last post by  FissionMailed 
#1 ·
Whether you like to admit it or not, it happens to even the most open minded of us. What cars and/or brands do you just not like anymore or just don't want to hear anything about or just lose interest in as soon as they are brought up?

For me, and I'm sure many others will post the same thing it's VW and Audi. Why? This site. Over the years there has just been too many vw/audi fanboys that have squeezed out any excitement/interest I once had for these 2 really awesome companies. Now - that's not to say I hate VW and Audi, but I just can't get excited over them anymore. Please don't bring up the classic "but you're on a VDUBYA FORUM LOL IT SEZ VWWWWWWWW-VORTEX IDIOT LOLOL"...it's been explained time and time again.

The interest however is slowly...very slowly creeping back up but almost to the point of being negligable...it's a start though right? :laugh:

Anyway, what about you?

See less See more
#43 ·
Porsche is slowly becoming the douche-mobile to me, though i still would love to have a 911 at some point in my life. Cayennes have been ruined by clueless soccer moms.

i'm relatively new to the VW scene, and i'm over the whole slammed and whatever bagged stuff. sure, it looks cool at meets and not moving, but it's infinitely more fun having a car that can run proper quick around a track. it's pretty close to the Subaru scene too (not that i ever was in a Subie), but it seems like the culture is the same. just can't do it.

i've been disenchanted with BMW since all the young money guys have to go out and buy M3s and mod them to **** (also doesn't help BMW is diluting their M brand quicker than you can believe)

Range Rover Sports have been ruined by everyone.

#48 ·
Fu*k the scene, ill keep doing my own thing. Volkswagen for life..and i wouldn't allow anyone or anything come between that. Sounds like a wine festival in here though. oh and lol@ japanese made vehicles

Sent from my bahaha using Tapatalk 2
mods please close thread maximum potential has been reached

#47 ·
I try not to let the scene influence my car hobby. I like VW, but stay away from the scene and what it turned into. Hellaflush,stance,rusted hood etc etc
I liked Honda, but FnF crowd turned me away.
WRX/EVO reminds me of 20yr old boy wanna be boy racers. Not that i hate the cars, it just isnt me,

#50 ·
Not a one...i feel that part of being an enthusiast is realizing the potential any given car has...let the douchers that drive the Z's, G's, etc be the douchers, shouldnt discount the performance potential or styling or whatever of the vehicle because it's associated with a certain "look":beer:

#52 ·
Nissan.

for some reason they are the worst drivers on the road. constantly cutting you off, driving too slow, and just a general "I dont care" attitude that makes me hate them all. I will never own one for that reason.. well and i just generally dont like them. :mad:

#124 ·
OR

1. They sell a ton of cars
2. Jerkoff drivers buy everything, including Nissans
3. You're seeing what you want to see

nobody mention this yet?

There's a handful of these in my 'burbs. They're usually driven by peaked-in-highschool guys who wear "technical" sunglasses w/bad suits and Bluetooth headsets.

1. 17 year old males who use the term 'fresh' and 'chill' in every sentence. ****ty sub woofers galore. cheap pep boy chrome rims and a fart can
They get a pass if they use proper 90's-origin use. Like "This is a good place to chill". Said pass is revoked when GenY-cupcake improper use is applied, like "Let's go there. It's a chill place". Zero to juggalo in my book. Yes I'm old.

#53 ·
I don't have a problem with brands.

Its the people that perpetuate the stereotypes that I don't like. Sorry, there has to be some truths to these to get them started.

I really like Porsche's and BMW's. But I don't get caught up in the "scene". Those who know me know I'm a car guy, just about any car. :)

#55 ·
I actually sold my lowered A3 because I was tired of the way people looked and treated me at shops and events because of it. Seriously, I was pre-judged about every thing......never felt that driving any other car to shows or events.

And I'm in Brazil... Which is like......far from the major stanced/hellaflush/whateverthe**** crowd.

#56 ·
I do the opposite of what people say. If they say don't buy an RX8 becase the rotary might blow up, I'll buy one. If they say get the Mustang cause its a great "bang for the buck" I won't buy it. Get the cheap korean tires? Nope Ill buy the Michelins. Porsche Boxster IMS worries? I told my friend to buy one, so far so good.

#57 ·
All cars have good and bad owners.

It is not the cars fault.:screwy:

#62 ·
Maybe, but I have yet to see a single Range Rover driver that isn't tailgating the sh!t out of the person in front of them and just generally driving like a maniac. This is in the DC/MD/NoVA area.

#59 ·
G35/350z, any scion vehicle, diesel pickups, mustangs, ten year old Mercedes that occupy bhph lots, vintage muscle cars, I'm sure there's more, but the overwhelming majority of the owners ruin them for me.

The only one that really bugs me is this.

I've wanted a nice 3rd Gen T/A since I was a kid, but the average owner carries a switchblade in his sock, lives in a financed trailer, and has the I.Q. of a turnip. But one day I'll own one anyway.

Come to think of it, I own and e36 M3 and a vintage Dodge Charger, and the average owner/enthusiast stereotype of either isn't too great either, crap.

#60 ·
I dislike a lot of brands, but Scion is at the top of my list of least favourite automakers because of the owners.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

#66 ·
lol, the fact this is even a thread is laughable.

you guys call everyone fanbois simply for liking the car they went out and bought with their own money, you guys over use the word from every angle possible to the point where just stating it makes you sound like an idiot... similar to "haters gon' hate"

contributing to this thread just shows how much of an image whore alot of you really are and how much you let other peoples ignorant views affect your daily lives. :laugh:

next thread the OP will realize other people poop, then think to himself how cookie-cutter of a mentality that is. :facepalm:

#92 ·
I used to really love RWB Porsches... up until Stanceworks/Hellaflush discovered them and started to use them as advertisement.

#93 ·
When I think of buying an already-done hybrid Civic hatch, I stop to consider what the cops in Fairfax County will think.

When I think of buying another ITR, I stop to consider what thieves will think.

When I think of buying a BMW or a Porsche, I stop to consider what my parents and my in-laws will think.

I don't want to give the impression that I'm a street racer, an easy mark, or living beyond my means. I'll stick w/what I've got :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.