Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Yellowstone/Glacier National Parks

Vehicles
      DD: Mazda3 O: Explorer | Uncertified Preowned: Sportage, xB, Golf GL
      08-07-2012 01:35 PM #1
      Came back from a week at Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks. I have lots of photos, but not a lot of time to edit and upload them right now... except this one:

Saw this little bear as we were driving the Going-To-The-Sun Road, by the Jackson Glacier Viewpoint (for those that have been there).

We also did the hike into the Granite Park Chalet, which was amazing. I'll be putting together some very scenic panoramic pics (courtesy of Photoshop's Photomerge).

Yellowstone we had a buffalo come at us... literally 5-7 feet from the car. Tracked an elk through the forest, got some marmots up close, and hiked up a hill to get an aerial view of the Grand Prismatic Spring (and yelled Sloth's "Hey you guys!"). We even saw a couple of wolves at Old Faithful at night!

Drove down to the Grand Tetons and got a few dusk shots of the Moulton Barn(s) with the Tetons behind it.

It was a great trip. The only animal we didn't see was a moose.

Finally! I have time to post pics. I'm terribly sorry for the delay. On a better note, you are now less than a month away from reserving your space at Granite Park Chalet if you want to see this stuff in person.

Last edited by GreenandChrome; 10-02-2012 at 09:23 PM.
      Colonel Leopold Wraithwood //// twitter: mbull //// blog //// "Marcel Bruwn" - Travoltified
      Stop making things idiot-proof. We're just making better idiots. Not the way we need to be going.

Vehicles
      97 TR jetta, 87 jetta, 81 caddy, 95 cbr600
      08-08-2012 12:28 PM #2
      Can't wait to get to Yellowstone someday. Hopefully you can get some other pics up in the future.
      Give wildlife a brake! 4TSQ. WV, Almost Heaven. Where are the moose? Save the Frogs!. Save the whales. I birds. Iron City

Vehicles
      C5 A6 S-Line and 99 Civic Hatchback
      08-08-2012 01:09 PM #3
      When my brother and I were really little, we did a week at Yellowstone and Glacier. Had a blast! I'd like to go back now that I'm older.
      "Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep?
      To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins."
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Vehicles
      DD: Mazda3 O: Explorer | Uncertified Preowned: Sportage, xB, Golf GL
      10-02-2012 09:24 PM #4
      bump... I added some pics.
      Colonel Leopold Wraithwood //// twitter: mbull //// blog //// "Marcel Bruwn" - Travoltified
      Stop making things idiot-proof. We're just making better idiots. Not the way we need to be going.

Vehicles
      12 Golf TDI, 12 F-150 Eco Boost
      10-04-2012 04:16 PM #5
      Our family loves Yellowstone This last time was more scenic than hot spring oriented. I've got a couple pics if you don't mind

Vehicles
      1998 GTI VR6 2005 VW Beetle
      10-21-2012 08:48 AM #6
      I've done that same trip before! We flew into Missoula then drove to Idaho and rented an RV then drove to Glacier and then we went down to Yellowstone. That was, by far, one of my favorite vacations! I loved being in Montana

When we were at Glacier we also went up the going to the sun road. While we were up there we did the short hike to the glacial lake. When were just heading out we saw one of you typical yuppie families with a bunch of kids. Well the mother wanted to get a picture of 'little Johnny' and a mountain got, so she told her kid to get as close to the goat as he could, then the goat head butted him right in the chest! It was funny as hell I guess some people just cant figure that they are wild animals and that they are not in a petting zoo!