Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Looking For A Clean Fox Wagon

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      VW pop top camper, VW Bus, Two(2) VW Fox Wagons
      08-08-2012 02:30 AM #1
      Friends everywhere within reason...I'm on the look out for a nice Fox Wagon to replace at some point fairly soon my current Fox wagon number 2. NOT looking for a major project Fox...I need some reliable transportation and I do not have a bottomless bank account and I'm not a bonafide VW mechanic either. Living in New England - Vermont to be exact. I will consider all/most options within reason. Ideally I'd love to find a "cream-puff" like many of us Foxers.
      Many Thanks...RFF

Vehicles
      '98 K2
      08-08-2012 10:12 AM #2
      Not within reason, but there's a really clean white wagon out here in Phoenix. Guy's asking $1200, but with the small repairs it'll need I'd give him $700 at best. Gas tank is dropped, and supposedly it's been sitting for a few months. I'm always looking for a reason to go to the east coast!
      • FS: 2 Early Westy Grills for MK1

DIYAUTOFTW

Vehicles
      '89 Fox GLS, '89 Fox wagon, '73 914, '72 'vert.
      08-09-2012 01:41 PM #3
      Heya Ralph. An Arizona (i.e., non-rusted) Fox wagon and a guy willing to drive it up there for ya? Hmm, still a bit pricey once you factor in $400 for the plane ticket to get him home and probably another $400 in gas and $200 for motels on his way up there. Still, more fun and less stressful than paying to have it shipped.

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      08-09-2012 10:12 PM #4
      Hey Chad, Grrrreat to hear from you...Have things settled down and remained more stable for you all? Praying...

Is this the same person your talking about ? DubsesdA3? If it is how did you come up with all those figures or are you just good at that? (lol) The car would have to be in running order or better to even consider such a deal. And as far as I can tell no one seems to know this yet?!?

"Expect the worst and Hope for the best" is not one of my favorite quotes. Although the idea of driving the car here for me or someone is not a bad idea if ? it can makes sense from an over financial point of view.

Any other ideas or suggestions welcomed at any point.

Keep me posted...

Ralph

Vehicles
      '89 Fox GLS, '89 Fox wagon, '73 914, '72 'vert.
      08-10-2012 01:09 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by dinoboom View Post
      Hey Chad, Grrrreat to hear from you...Have things settled down and remained more stable for you all? Praying...
      Yah, I finally found a new job in June after 5 months on unemployment and about 2 months working on a contract basis. Still trying to get all the bailing out done but at least the hull is patched and we're under steam again.

Quote Originally Posted by dinoboom View Post
      Is this the same person your talking about ? DubsesdA3? If it is how did you come up with all those figures or are you just good at that? (lol) The car would have to be in running order or better to even consider such a deal. And as far as I can tell no one seems to know this yet?!?
      Yeah, I was referring to the one he's talking about. And I'm just good at estimating - spend time in the construction industry and you get pretty good at it. I don't know anything about the car he mentioned, but if he's offering to drive it from Phoenix to Vermont, he must be fairly confident that it's in good running shape. I wouldn't drive *my* wagon that far as she sits now.

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      08-27-2012 08:12 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by kerensky View Post
      Yah, I finally found a new job in June after 5 months on unemployment and about 2 months working on a contract basis. Still trying to get all the bailing out done but at least the hull is patched and we're under steam again.

Yeah, I was referring to the one he's talking about. And I'm just good at estimating - spend time in the construction industry and you get pretty good at it. I don't know anything about the car he mentioned, but if he's offering to drive it from Phoenix to Vermont, he must be fairly confident that it's in good running shape. I wouldn't drive *my* wagon that far as she sits now.
      Good to hear about the job situation...as you must know some folks it's been in the years - not months.
      How do I find this fine person DubsesdA3 ??? Need some more FACTS if possible?!!? Ever find a hose ?

Vehicles
      '98 K2
      08-28-2012 10:09 AM #7
      I actually went and checked the car out. It's not quite what he advertised, but it's still solid. It would take some work to get it up to "road trip" status. It's very clean, but the engine is dirty, plugs are bad, I have no idea if the fuel pump works or not.
      It'd be a great car to take to the east coast, but I'd recommend throwing it on a trailer or having a trucking co. bring it out there.
      • FS: 2 Early Westy Grills for MK1

DIYAUTOFTW

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      09-04-2012 02:25 AM #8
      Thank YOU!!! is here anything more you can tell me about this FOX Wagon? I know the "cream-puffs" are hard to find, but I don't want a bottomless money pit either. I don't need or want to inherit a whole bunch of someone else's problems...you know what I mean?!?

I feel I'm a reasonable person, so....let me know what you know? I haven't any idea what a car hauler would cost? I'm guessing another $1000.00 appx.

At the present moment this seem's like a real shot in the dark!

Later my friend, Ralph