Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 Honda Accord images released

1. 08-08-2012 01:52 PM #71
      I hope i'm wrong, but I get the feeling the Fusion will suffer the same fate as the Taurus which looks great on pictures but the flesh it looks too big and bulbous.

As for the new Accord I think while very conservative Honda addressed the 2 most offensive aspects of the current car quite nicely which are the interior and the rear. I'm really curious on the HP and MPG of the hybrid model. To be competitive Honda will need close to 200 hp and an average MPG of about 40 with a starting price of about $25K.

Vehicles
      2006 Acura TSX 6MT Tech, 2013 Acura RDX Tech
      08-08-2012 01:55 PM #72
      I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this car. I've always had a soft spot for the Accord - its never been the most visually striking vehicle, and it has almost alway been the jack of all trades, but master of none.

The spy pictures of the interior look great, and I am happy to see that Honda is not abandoning the manual transmission:

BTW - did you guys catch that LED HEADLIGHTS are going to be an option? Pretty impressive for this class of vehicle.

Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI
      08-08-2012 02:00 PM #73
      They finally fixed the Accord! Hurray!

4. Member
      Vehicles
      06 Mustang GT Vert 5MT, 08 TSX 5AT, 95 Volvo 850 GLT 4AT
      08-08-2012 02:01 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by BostonB6 View Post
      Too conservative a restyle for me. Honda needs to be more bold like Hyundai was with the Sonata & Elantra.

^^
      Yeah this. I like it, it's attractive in an understated sort of way, but I was hoping it'd be a little more out there.
      http://sixsylinder.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by stacman View Post
      Top gear recommended it, so I bought it.

Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500 Sport, 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero,
      08-08-2012 02:03 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by urogolf View Post
      AGREED!
      looks more streamlined than before
      First Honda with a positive change in a while!

The rear is very Genesis though (not a twin by any means but it was the first thing that popped into my head)
      In reference to Honda's own radio spots: Does that rear now make the Accord a Hyundai wannabe?

Does look better than the Camry but behind the Koreans.

6. Swallow Doretti
      08-08-2012 02:07 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by GolfVIDriver View Post
      You know what I think? I think I'd rather have this:

Of course, this will also cost you a pretty penny. As shown, that's a $34,220 Ford you're looking at, and it's not top of the line. Fully loaded, a Fusion will set you back over $40,000 once taxes and tags are figured into the equation.

Vehicles
      2009 Si sedan and 2012 Crosstour 4WD
      08-08-2012 02:17 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by jwaters943 View Post
      You know what I think? I think 10-12 years from now you will be able to count on one hand the number of unscheduled trips to the dealer the Accord will make, and the Ford will be ready for the junkyard. Ford's short-lived billing as an automaker equal to Toyota in terms of quality/reliability was remarkably short lived. SYNC/MyFordTouch pretty much sucks, and I wouldn't be shocked if their Ecoboost engines see serious deposit issues down the road, or see things like cracked dashes or peeling paint (not that Honda paint quality is remarkable).

The Fusion does look great though. I just don't get all the hype with Ford these days. I've been in many of their cars, and while significantly improved, they're also MUCH more expensive than they were 3 short years ago.
      to all this.

I think Ford MUST be playing the incentive game again...their prices are outrageous. The new Explorer Limited costs as much as an Acura MDX.

Quote Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
      Of course, this will also cost you a pretty penny. As shown, that's a $34,220 Ford you're looking at, and it's not top of the line. Fully loaded, a Fusion will set you back over $40,000 once taxes and tags are figured into the equation.
      And in that case, you could get the TL SH 6MT, a far better car.

Vehicles
      Official Member of the Masochistic Black Car Owners Club
      08-08-2012 02:22 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
      I remember people in TCL arguing that the new Fusion would cost approx $32k fully-loaded and I was labeled stupid for speculating it would be more like $35-37k.

Vehicles
      nothing to see here
      08-08-2012 02:27 PM #79
      glad they're making it smaller, hopefully lighter too. Interior looks pretty acuraish in the spy picture, but probably with more hard plastics. I'd consider it as a family car/DD.

on another note, must be a great time to get a good deal on a 2012 Accord.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat
      08-08-2012 02:45 PM #80
      Just when Honda needed to make an agressive move they come up with this?........................REALLY???, seems like VW people are laughing hard at this pos knowing the Passat is still king for some time, not to mention other manufacturers who are about to introduce killer more appealing options

I think the idea of a good looking "sporty" sedan with lots of caracter from Honda is just utopic

11. 08-08-2012 02:46 PM #81
      Waaayyy better looking than the current crap looking Accord. Even though they may have been inspired by the Genesis tail end I'm glad because the current designers grossly fail at making their own..

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Volvo C30 6mt
      08-08-2012 02:53 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by Perio5 View Post
      Just when Honda needed to make an agressive move they come up with this?........................REALLY???, seems like VW people are laughing hard at this pos knowing the Passat is still king for some time, not to mention other manufacturers who are about to introduce killer more appealing options
      Really?

Vehicles
      08-08-2012 02:53 PM #83

I think the idea of a good looking "sporty" sedan with lots of caracter from Honda is just utopic
      Are you seriously trying to say the Passat looks more aggressive and sporty than the 2013 Accord? If so, facepalm indeed!

They're both conservative, mainstream and inoffensive with a hint of elegance in the details. Nothing more, nothing less.

Vehicles
      2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited
      08-08-2012 02:54 PM #84
      seems like VW people are laughing hard at this pos knowing the Passat is still king for some time, not to mention other manufacturers who are about to introduce killer more appealing options
      "Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

08-08-2012 03:02 PM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by Ross1013 View Post
      When you say "TSX suspension should work", what do you mean?
      The 13 Accord sedan is pretty much an Acura TSX now sold as just an Accord worldwide. Look at the interior pic and you can see the Acura. Honda just tweaked and refreshed the TSX interior for the 13 Accord sedan. Given how Honda loves to recycle everything lately I guess we can expect the Accord to have the same current TSX suspension setup.

Remind me again when the Passat will get a plug-in version, an all new DI engine, LED and HID lights or even projector halogens, and a backup camera standard on every trim level. The Passat has the TDI and sheer size going for it. That's about it.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Tiguan Highline, 2012 Mazda CX5 2.0i, 2008 Audi S3 3Dr Manual
      08-08-2012 03:07 PM #86

They sold more Accords in a month than the Passat in a year. The B7 Passat is the same quality as the beloved new Jetta with an extra few slabs of squishy plastic. Ppl mistake the new Passat for an Impala. Need I say more?

17. Swallow Doretti
      08-08-2012 03:16 PM #87
      I remember people in TCL arguing that the new Fusion would cost approx $32k fully-loaded and I was labeled stupid for speculating it would be more like $35-37k.
      The fully loaded Fusion with AWD is $38,665, including destination. And that's NOT the most expensive Fusion--the plug-in hybrid version's pricing has yet to be announced, but will most likely run over $40,000.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      09 G37 Sedan 6MT
      08-08-2012 03:46 PM #88
      The designers of the 2013 Altima are laughing their ass off.

08-08-2012 03:48 PM #89
      Not bad. Looks like a return to Honda designs of 10+ years ago.
      Quote Originally Posted by rich! View Post
      i'd lock this thread but i have no clue how...

Vehicles
      2012 VW Sportwagen TDI
      08-08-2012 03:59 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post

Remind me again when the Passat will get a plug-in version, an all new DI engine, LED and HID lights or even projector halogens, and a backup camera standard on every trim level. The Passat has the TDI and sheer size going for it. That's about it.
      Easy on the Accord boner eh? The Passat's handling is a nice blend of comfort and sport. Interior is very nicely fitted as well. No one has driven the Accord yet, so we don't even know how the CVT will drive.
      Quote Originally Posted by efrie View Post

I told him the car wasn't going to win any races, to which he responded was "chill".

Vehicles
      08-08-2012 04:07 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by madmax2k1 View Post
      The designers of the 2013 Altima are laughing their ass off.
      Let's not get crazy now. The new Altima has a sleek exterior, but the interior is quite dull. Even moreso than the Camry. The quality seems high though.

Last edited by BLK9GEN; 08-08-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Vehicles
      2009 Si sedan and 2012 Crosstour 4WD
      08-08-2012 04:23 PM #92
      The 13 Accord sedan is pretty much an Acura TSX now sold as just an Accord worldwide.
      Well, what we know as the TSX is now the 'old' worldwide Accord, with the introduction of the 2013 Accord, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert
      Look at the interior pic and you can see the Acura. Honda just tweaked and refreshed the TSX interior for the 13 Accord sedan.
      There is a similarity, but the molds are unique to the Accord. The interior has more in common with past Accords than with the current TSX. IMO

Vehicles
      '12 Mini Clubman S
      08-08-2012 04:27 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by dcmix5 View Post
      Sedan - could care less, but it does nothing for me in any event

Coupe - step back...somehow they boned that one hard

Well, we've got the Civic for 2006-2017 or so, and now a 2008-2018 Accord. Times sure are exciting.
      You have to wonder how long this refresh will be sticking around.

24. 08-08-2012 04:33 PM #94
      queue the 2012 Special Edition Accord...

08-08-2012 04:36 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by Ross1013 View Post
      Well, what we know as the TSX is now the 'old' worldwide Accord, with the introduction of the 2013 Accord, right?
      I suspect within a few weeks we will know for certain once all details are released.

Honda had made the claim the 13 Accord sedan is a new car but by new I still wonder if they mean just revised existing euro-Accord platform. IMO would just be strange to me if Honda designed all all new car then styled it so close to the current model.

Vehicles
      '11 BMW E90d
      08-08-2012 04:45 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by rbloedow View Post

BTW - did you guys catch that LED HEADLIGHTS are going to be an option? Pretty impressive for this class of vehicle.
      This is going to be exactly like the CRV. Gets HIDs, LEDs, etc everywhere BUT North America

Vehicles
      '11 BMW E90d
      08-08-2012 04:49 PM #97

Nice to see the Honda humpers here in full swing.

"All new DI engine?" please. Aren't you guys the same people who constantly discredited DI all these years and said it wasn't needed, but when Honda brings it out, it's awesome, am I right? The Passat is loosing the base 2.5 soon and a "all new" DI 1.8T will be in it. Let's not forget the 3.6 is also DI. Not to mention, the TDI.

That being said, new Fusion for me.
      Last edited by zerotosixty; 08-08-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Vehicles
      2006 Acura TSX 6MT Tech, 2013 Acura RDX Tech
      08-08-2012 04:59 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by zerotosixty View Post
      This is going to be exactly like the CRV. Gets HIDs, LEDs, etc everywhere BUT North America
      Considering this is a US Honda press release....I'm going to say that it's not.

Vehicles
      '11 BMW E90d
      08-08-2012 05:01 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by rbloedow View Post
      Considering this is a US Honda press release....I'm going to say that it's not.
      You are correct. Fair enough.

Cue the Honda leghumpers in 3...2...1

Vehicles
      2007 Accord EX-L
      08-08-2012 05:02 PM #100
      Let's not get crazy now. The new Altima has a sleek exterior, but the interior is quite dull. Even moreso than the Camry. The quality seems high though.

The interior in the Altima is seriously one of Nissan's best efforts. It's put together much better than the Camry.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbiodiesel!
      It really is the perfect, no excuses all-rounder for the rich guy who's accustomed to having it all - the Hybrid version especially. It's like an F-150 Raptor banged an M5 in the men's room of a biker bar. Nobody really wanted the results, but damn - what a set of genes.

31. 08-08-2012 05:08 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by timmy222 View Post
      James May: " Good News! 2013 Honda Accord images released "

Jeremy Clarkson: " ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz "

Holy sh*t! That was even funnier than when this exact joke was done in every Camry and Accord thread for the last five years!

Where do you come up with such original comedic genius?

08-08-2012 05:09 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by zerotosixty View Post
      Nice to see the Honda humpers here in full swing.

"All new DI engine?" please. Aren't you guys the same people who constantly discredited DI all these years and said it wasn't needed, but when Honda brings it out, it's awesome, am I right? The Passat is loosing the base 2.5 soon and a "all new" DI 1.8T will be in it. Let's not forget the 3.6 is also DI. Not to mention, the TDI.

That being said, new Fusion for me.
      I was responding in kind to the Passat leghumper.

I didn't see you calling out your own kind and I guess you forgot about VW legendary reliability and the joys of carbon buildup
      Last edited by 2.0T_Convert; 08-08-2012 at 05:11 PM.

33. 08-08-2012 05:10 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by freddy2081 View Post
      Feel the same way...
      LOL
      Were you also asleep when you decided that buying a Routan was a good idea?

Vehicles
      '13 Outback 2.5i Limited SAP, '13 Ford F-150, Screw, FX4, EcoBoost
      08-08-2012 05:11 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by locobaz23 View Post

I have a problem with the rear apron design, I hope that chrome strip and the reflectors can be optioned out. I hate how almost every new car now comes with these nasty huge reflectors on the bumper. My '11 Subaru Outback is a prime example of what I'm talking about.

Vehicles
      '11 BMW E90d
      08-08-2012 05:12 PM #105
      Oh right forgot about that fabled VW DI with carbon buildup and legendary reliability included free of charge.
      Is it just VW having DI issues? BMW, MB, GM, etc are all have carbon buildup problems. What sort of guarantee do you have that Honda (the company who still has 5 speed autos) won't have these issues? What does Honda know that engineers from Europe and the US don't know?

The only company who has come up with a valid fix to the DI issue is Lexus with their D4-S Dual Injection system.
      Last edited by zerotosixty; 08-08-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast