Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Can I buy a SIM card so my friend from overseas can use their Blackberry here?

Vehicles
      2007 Accord EX-L
      08-08-2012 06:52 PM #1
      I have a friend coming from south asia for an extended visit to the US. This person wants to use their BB here, and wants to get a SIM card so that it can work here. I know overseas these are easy to obtain, but is this possible at all here?
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbiodiesel!
      It really is the perfect, no excuses all-rounder for the rich guy who's accustomed to having it all - the Hybrid version especially. It's like an F-150 Raptor banged an M5 in the men's room of a biker bar. Nobody really wanted the results, but damn - what a set of genes.

Vehicles
      '03 BMW 330i
      08-09-2012 02:51 PM #2
      Since this hasn't been answered yet I'm pretty sure there are kiosks in the international terminal of whatever airport your friend comes through that sells sim cards that'll work from your friend's phone. Not so sure if his data connection'll work, but voice will for sure. Or worst case scenario he could just buy a throwaway phone with a few minutes on it already for as cheap as 20 bucks.
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Obvious View Post
      I never understood the mindset of people who spend a boat load of cash on a car and then never drive it. Why bother?

"Yeah, my girlfriend is super hot, but I never have sex with her because I want her to be in good condition for her next boyfriend."

3. 08-10-2012 11:40 AM #3
      What blackberry?

It most assuredly has GSM radios, but potentially on different frequencies than what is available in the US on whatever carrier you have a SIM for.

Vehicles
      2004 Lancer Ralliart Sedan (not quite stock)
      08-10-2012 12:48 PM #4
      Go into an AT&T store and set up a GoPhone account. We do it all the time for international customers. Unlimited talk and text for $50/mo, but no data on non-GoPhone smartphones.
      XBL--lJesse Custerl|PSN-lJesseCusterl
      EBC brakes, Injen SRI, ridiculous stereo, etc.