Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: water/meth % mix and Flammability - vids of % vs flame (colourless)

1. 08-11-2012 12:26 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Niagara_V_Dub View Post
      And its official... I am no longer thinking w/m until I get much further into the hp game. This has completely scared the hell out of me.
      You do know that can run a mix of alcohol (not methanol) and water with a high h2O percentage to make it totally non-flammable. You can even run straight water like I've been doing for a years (only use some alcohol in the northeast winters to prevent freezing).

Vehicles
      2002 VW GTI 1.8 BT
      08-11-2012 09:11 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Aurelius View Post
      You do know that can run a mix of alcohol (not methanol) and water with a high h2O percentage to make it totally non-flammable. You can even run straight water like I've been doing for a years (only use some alcohol in the northeast winters to prevent freezing).
      Exactly.

Think of this post as a psb. You are smarter because of it.

W/m is awesome. One of the best bang for the buck performance adders
      My Build
      My FAQ / DIY Thread -- Look here for 90% of the questions you have

Welcome to the world of racing! Budgets are ALWAYS exceeded, deadlines are never meet, end-goals never reached, and wives always unhappy... it's all worth it though!

Vehicles
      Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8t,Audi S6, VW Lupo 1.8t, 16v Scirocco
      08-13-2012 04:49 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Niagara_V_Dub View Post
      And its official... I am no longer thinking w/m until I get much further into the hp game. This has completely scared the hell out of me.
      dont scared of it... any more than you are'nt scared of putting gas into your fuel tank..
      understand it, treat it with respect, and if concerned over flammability choose the % mix as I have indicated that looks to not want to ignite from spark..
      GT35R, Full-Race, DTA S60, SEM, WMI, 8 injectors, SQS Transmission, 1000kg car, >500bhp, Racecar (circuit)
      www.badger5.co.uk

4. 08-16-2012 08:06 AM #39
      Was at the store last night so I took some pics of the SLX (44% methanol content) denatured alcohol and the Green version (95% ethanol content). From now on, the Green is what I'll use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12