Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 26 of 26

    Thread: Tiguan 4 motion exhuast options?

    1. 08-10-2012 04:46 PM #1
      I have an 2011 tig 4 motion and learned today that the apr downpipe wont fit 4 motion. I run apr stage 1 now. What exhuast options do I have if I want to go to stage 2.

    2. Member SkullV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2010
      Posts
      264
      Vehicles
      2010 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      08-10-2012 05:26 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by budokha View Post
      I have an 2011 tig 4 motion and learned today that the apr downpipe wont fit 4 motion. I run apr stage 1 now. What exhuast options do I have if I want to go to stage 2.
      Techtonics Tuning makes a 4MO downpipe. When you're ready to flash to stage 2 give Moe at Autobarn Evanston a call.
      Last edited by SkullV; 10-04-2012 at 07:32 PM.
      2009 GTI - APR Stage 1 - Sold
      2011 GTI - APR Stage 2 - Sold
      2010 Tiguan 4MO - APR K04 - Sold

    3. Member nkgneto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2004
      Location
      West Burbs, IL
      Posts
      5,730
      Vehicles
      04 VW R32 TRed, 05 Jetta Wagon Blk/Orange
      10-04-2012 01:22 PM #3
      LMK about the Blizzaks budokha


    4. Member Chuck P's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2009
      Location
      Milwaukee, WI
      Posts
      332
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Tiguan SE 4-Motion Alpine Grey
      10-04-2012 05:20 PM #5
      Please note that this will only fit 2.0 TSI DSG 4 motion only.

      I guess us Tiptronic guys are f*cked again.
      APR 93 tune, Carbonio intake, H&R coil overs, 19" RS4 reps

    5. Member SkullV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2010
      Posts
      264
      Vehicles
      2010 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      10-04-2012 07:31 PM #6
      I have the Techtonics Tuning single cat downpipe. The construction is beautiful, it fits like a glove, and it sounds great! For under $500 shipped to my door I consider myself lucky that Techtonics Tuning was my only option. Made the decision for the best downpipe an easy one.
      2009 GTI - APR Stage 1 - Sold
      2011 GTI - APR Stage 2 - Sold
      2010 Tiguan 4MO - APR K04 - Sold

    6. 10-04-2012 07:52 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
      I have the Techtonics Tuning single cat downpipe. The construction is beautiful, it fits like a glove, and it sounds great! For under $500 shipped to my door I consider myself lucky that Techtonics Tuning was my only option. Made the decision for the best downpipe an easy one.
      Did you ever get CEL with the single cat version? Are you able to elaborate more on the sound? Deeper?
      Tiguan 125TSI, DSG, Bi-Xenon, Leather, etc
      http://pedsnro.blogspot.com/

    7. Member SkullV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2010
      Posts
      264
      Vehicles
      2010 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      10-04-2012 11:08 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by 99Reza View Post
      Did you ever get CEL with the single cat version? Are you able to elaborate more on the sound? Deeper?
      I have a test pipe file so no cel, but if not you could easily prevent a CEL with a spacer from 42DD or RAI. Deeper and slightly louder is how I would characterize the sound. I'll try to take a couple videos this weekend.
      2009 GTI - APR Stage 1 - Sold
      2011 GTI - APR Stage 2 - Sold
      2010 Tiguan 4MO - APR K04 - Sold

    8. 10-04-2012 11:24 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
      I have a test pipe file so no cel, but if not you could easily prevent a CEL with a spacer from 42DD or RAI. Deeper and slightly louder is how I would characterize the sound. I'll try to take a couple videos this weekend.
      Cheers for the info. I'll be most likely getting a custom tune to go with the pipe. Will it be similar to how Golf R sounds (if you have listened to one)? Video will be awesome, thanks for that.
      Tiguan 125TSI, DSG, Bi-Xenon, Leather, etc
      http://pedsnro.blogspot.com/

    9. Member SkullV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2010
      Posts
      264
      Vehicles
      2010 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      10-05-2012 04:02 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by 99Reza View Post
      Cheers for the info. I'll be most likely getting a custom tune to go with the pipe. Will it be similar to how Golf R sounds (if you have listened to one)? Video will be awesome, thanks for that.
      Yeah, I have heard one. The best comparison I can make is a Stock Porsche Cayenne Turbo. The sound I'm getting right now is "OEM Sporty". I have only put about 50 miles on the downpipe so far though so we'll see how things open up as the ceramic cat definitely needs to be "broken in".
      2009 GTI - APR Stage 1 - Sold
      2011 GTI - APR Stage 2 - Sold
      2010 Tiguan 4MO - APR K04 - Sold

    10. Member SkullV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2010
      Posts
      264
      Vehicles
      2010 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      10-05-2012 11:43 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by 99Reza View Post
      Video will be awesome, thanks for that.
      It's not the best, but I put up a video here:

      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...nction-gt-Form
      2009 GTI - APR Stage 1 - Sold
      2011 GTI - APR Stage 2 - Sold
      2010 Tiguan 4MO - APR K04 - Sold

    11. 10-07-2012 09:02 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
      It's not the best, but I put up a video here:

      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...nction-gt-Form
      Thanks for the video mate, it's a bit hard to appreciate the full extend of the exhaust but appears to sounds deeper than OEM. I've personally driven Cayenne Turbo before, that thing is a beast. I'll be happy to get some resemblance in noise to that car.
      Tiguan 125TSI, DSG, Bi-Xenon, Leather, etc
      http://pedsnro.blogspot.com/

    12. Member eviljettavr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 25th, 2002
      Location
      Northbrook
      Posts
      7,718
      Vehicles
      2014 jetta gli dsg
      10-10-2012 04:28 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
      Techtonics Tuning makes a 4MO downpipe. When you're ready to flash to stage 2 give Moe at Autobarn Evanston a call.
      moe is the best
      colinType two diabetic

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2002
      Location
      Portland, OR
      Posts
      6,663
      Vehicles
      98 Audi A4 and 2012 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      10-10-2012 11:21 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Chuck P View Post
      Please note that this will only fit 2.0 TSI DSG 4 motion only.

      I guess us Tiptronic guys are f*cked again.
      i didnt know the tig came in DSG?

    14. Member SkullV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2010
      Posts
      264
      Vehicles
      2010 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      10-11-2012 01:04 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by xXx TURBO View Post
      i didnt know the tig came in DSG?
      Not in America (according to vw.com)
      Last edited by SkullV; 10-11-2012 at 01:07 AM.
      2009 GTI - APR Stage 1 - Sold
      2011 GTI - APR Stage 2 - Sold
      2010 Tiguan 4MO - APR K04 - Sold

    15. 10-11-2012 01:59 AM #16
      My Tig has a DSG, just need that paddle shifter...
      Tiguan 125TSI, DSG, Bi-Xenon, Leather, etc
      http://pedsnro.blogspot.com/

    16. Member SkullV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2010
      Posts
      264
      Vehicles
      2010 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      10-11-2012 02:29 AM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by 99Reza View Post
      My Tig has a DSG, just need that paddle shifter...
      Where are you located?
      2009 GTI - APR Stage 1 - Sold
      2011 GTI - APR Stage 2 - Sold
      2010 Tiguan 4MO - APR K04 - Sold

    17. 10-11-2012 03:50 AM #18
      I'm in Australia.
      Tiguan 125TSI, DSG, Bi-Xenon, Leather, etc
      http://pedsnro.blogspot.com/

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2002
      Location
      Portland, OR
      Posts
      6,663
      Vehicles
      98 Audi A4 and 2012 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      10-11-2012 01:49 PM #19
      so why does a company in arizona make a downpipe that only fit DSG models if no one in america has one?

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2007
      Location
      Ottawa, Canada
      Posts
      2,845
      Vehicles
      07 Rabbit, 10 Tiguan, 1928 Chev, 02 Dakota
      10-11-2012 03:15 PM #20
      Perhaps they built it for the GTI and hope it will fit the Tiguan, because everyone says the Tig is just a GTI - WRONG

      They are misinformed and think we get the DSG - seen this a lot

      They just don't care.

      You pick one

    20. Member SkullV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2010
      Posts
      264
      Vehicles
      2010 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      10-11-2012 03:41 PM #21
      I do have an OEM 4Motion downpipe sitting on the floor of my garage. If anyone can get their tuner of choice to prototype them a downpipe I can ship them the OEM for measurement ASAP.
      2009 GTI - APR Stage 1 - Sold
      2011 GTI - APR Stage 2 - Sold
      2010 Tiguan 4MO - APR K04 - Sold

    21. 11-13-2012 01:15 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by budokha View Post
      I have an 2011 tig 4 motion and learned today that the apr downpipe wont fit 4 motion. I run apr stage 1 now. What exhuast options do I have if I want to go to stage 2.
      Hi there, I had a similar problem, the solution are the guys at techtonics in Oregon. Great fit and excellent quality. Got to fit the K04 too.
      2012 Tiguan, Carbonio stage 2, APR ECU, APR K04, Techtonics Downpipe.

    22. Member echomatics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2012
      Location
      Vancouver, Canada
      Posts
      212
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan Highline
      11-13-2012 02:01 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by tigQ8 View Post
      Hi there, I had a similar problem, the solution are the guys at techtonics in Oregon. Great fit and excellent quality. Got to fit the K04 too.
      Thats good to know! Have heard great things about them. Do most of you feel its simply best to just change up the DP and leave the rest of the exhaust OE?

    23. 11-14-2012 08:14 PM #24
      Got my techtonics dp on order. Apr stage 2 inbound I have a stage 1 dyno w/o dp and will post em both eventually.

    24. Member echomatics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2012
      Location
      Vancouver, Canada
      Posts
      212
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan Highline
      11-14-2012 08:31 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by budokha View Post
      Got my techtonics dp on order. Apr stage 2 inbound I have a stage 1 dyno w/o dp and will post em both eventually.
      Sweet! Can't wait to see them and get your feedback on the DP.

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 8th, 2006
      Location
      Phoenix AZ
      Posts
      153
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan
      03-20-2013 02:23 PM #26
      I spoke with Goodspeed, and they said that they have a downpipe that fits the 4-motion, but haven't had much luck with the FWD. They said they aren't really working on Tig downpipes because there isn't much demand. I didn't think to ask why that press release/blog post says DSG.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •