Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To Families at Restaurants, Hotels, Places of Business

Vehicles
      VW
      08-23-2012 10:03 PM #36
      OP is a troll
      he doesn't even have kids but comes to the parenting forum to tell us how to raise our kids, LOL

he's more passive aggressive than most females

sorry OP but children are everywhere, and they don't always act perfect (news flash)
      I take great care to make sure my 4 and 8 y.o. act civilized whilst in public/in restaurants, but sometimes kids fuss & cry, that's life, deal with it. and get over yourself. you sound like a whiney baby yourself

and until you have kids, don't tell others how to parent!!!!

2. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      08-24-2012 12:48 PM #37
      It depends on the place, I went to Rainforest Cafe and there were kids just walking around and making noises. I wouldn't take a date there and I did expect the place to be noisy and kid friendly.

As for places like Red Lobsters or TGIs there should be seating arrangements for families to be seated in places that are more tolerant to kids being kids. And have the couples and single folks seated away.

Vehicles
      List your car(s) owned here
      08-24-2012 02:43 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Vision33r View Post
      It depends on the place, I went to Rainforest Cafe and there were kids just walking around and making noises. I wouldn't take a date there and I did expect the place to be noisy and kid friendly.

As for places like Red Lobsters or TGIs there should be seating arrangements for families to be seated in places that are more tolerant to kids being kids. And have the couples and single folks seated away.
      If TGI Friday and Red Lobster are your idea of a place to take a date I feel sorry for her and you should be embarrassed unless you are 16 or live in ND where it is the only restaurant for 50 miles. Those and the rest of them are ****ty family restaurants, diner beware. One of the first meals we went to with the baby was Cheesecake Factory, we chose it because it was easy to take a kid to. Afterwards we commented to a friend that we got put into the family section to which they replied 'is there another section of the Cheesecake Factory?'. Exactly.
      Take my fusion hybrid, please! Blue 2013 titanium package, goes to the first person that will take it for only what is owed. PM me if serious.

I'm just a regular Joe, with a regular job. I'm your average white, suburbanite slob.

Vehicles
      Mini R55 S, Honda Pilot
      08-24-2012 07:30 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Afterwards we commented to a friend that we got put into the family section to which they replied 'is there another section of the Cheesecake Factory?'. Exactly.
      Yeah there is... it's called the old people section.

08-27-2012 11:32 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Vision33r View Post

Are you for-real?

Red Lobster, TGI Friday, Chilies, Ruby Tuesday's, Crapplebees, Carabbas, Outback, LoneStar, I could go on and on - these are FAMILY chain restuarants that are rather loud and quite kid-friendly. Everyplace is the family section but the stools at the bar. If you go into a red lobster or a tgi fridays expecting some kind of intimate dining experience - you're insane.

6. 08-27-2012 05:05 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      Are you for-real?

Red Lobster, TGI Friday, Chilies, Ruby Tuesday's, Crapplebees, Carabbas, Outback, LoneStar, I could go on and on - these are FAMILY chain restuarants that are rather loud and quite kid-friendly. Everyplace is the family section but the stools at the bar. If you go into a red lobster or a tgi fridays expecting some kind of intimate dining experience - you're insane.
      I think it is a good way to find out if your date likes children or not.

7. Member
      08-27-2012 05:59 PM #42
      Better yet is Red Robin- where some kid is getting happy birthday sung to them every 5 minutes.

08-27-2012 06:00 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      Better yet is Red Robin- where some kid is getting happy birthday sung to them every 5 minutes.
      hahaha. Gawd, waitress - could you ask that table with the kids to tone it down?

Vehicles
      VW
      08-28-2012 04:41 PM #44
      I think everybody should have quiet well behaved children
      if not then you are a crappy parent and should never be seen in public with your unruly croth fruits because it may inconvenice the non-breeders

08-29-2012 12:12 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by mkII_short_dub View Post
      if not then you are a crappy parent and should never be seen in public with your unruly croth fruits because it may inconvenice the non-breeders
      Crotch Fruits

11. 08-30-2012 10:48 PM #46
      Now landing on the way back from a short trip to San Diego at around 5 months he went ballistic and was inconsolable. Few people looking annoyed, which ya I can imagine, but there's just nothing you can do about it. It isn't like any parent wants to see their kid in that much pain, believe me if I could stop it I would. When we landed and he was back to all smiles the older folks made a point to rather loudly say that it was okay, we were all babies once, and that they felt bad for him. Most of those annoyed looked like their early 20s, which I would have been to at that point. Now though when someone elses baby is crying it doesn't bother me because I understand.
      You didn't have to fly. You imposed your kid on others. There's no doubt in my mind that you never thought about other people's comfort but your own.

12. 08-30-2012 10:52 PM #47
      It inconveniences everyone, not just those who choose not to have children. I have kids. They're either well behaved or they're outside. We flew when the kid's old enough to behave on a flight. We haven't flown with the newborn because she's only 8 months old. Don't try to justify your inconsideration by saying it's only bothersome to people without kids. I have kids and I don't want to hear your brats cry.

Vehicles
      Mini R55 S, Honda Pilot
      08-31-2012 01:25 AM #48
      That's true. We didn't fly with the girls until they were five and three. It didn't stop me from flying to Hawaii by myself for a vacation.
      Last edited by titleist1976; 08-31-2012 at 01:27 AM.

08-31-2012 05:41 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by TT for me View Post
      You didn't have to fly. You imposed your kid on others. There's no doubt in my mind that you never thought about other people's comfort but your own.
      Most decently responsible parents are always concerned about the noise their kid makes - and it always seems louder to the parent than it does to others, imo. If some jackass brings their kid on a flight with no plan, food, or toys to keep attention - certainly I can see being upset if they're crying for 3 hours...but generally babies cry at takeoff and landing for a very short period of time.

As for not "having" to fly - get real. If you live cross-continent or ocean from your family, I guess you should never see them, or if someone dies you should just say - whelp, little johnny's a baby, can't go to the funeral.

15. 08-31-2012 10:20 AM #50
      The people whining about noisy children are bigger babies than the whiney children. Get over it. You can't handle dealing with society, stay in your mothers basement and eat the jello she made you.

16. Member
      08-31-2012 12:02 PM #51

I never realized what a hot button topic this was. Even when I didn't have kids, I was sympathetic to parents that were trying their best. Give a little smile to let them know I appreciated that they were making an attempt and that they didn't need to be embarrassed or frustrated. Plus, with so many a$$holes around them, it can help.

17. 08-31-2012 12:17 PM #52
      It isn't like any parent wants to see their kid in that much pain, believe me if I could stop it I would. When we landed and he was back to all smiles the older folks made a point to rather loudly say that it was okay, we were all babies once, and that they felt bad for him. .
      For anyone with babies that cry during flights...my wife gets bad ear pain when flying or driving through the mountains. She uses these little things called "ear-planes" found at just about any pharmacy. The pain apparently has something to do with the ear canals being too narrow and fluid pressure changes causing the pain. These things open up your ear apparently and allow the pressure to adjust pain free. I don't really know...thats the bro-science explanation I gleaned from her.

She always feels bad for babies on planes because its really the same issue she has...only she knows about the fix. Not sure how successful you'd be at putting what amount to hollow ear plugs in a baby's ear (might need to be aware of choking hazard as well), but maybe they make them for kids. If not, maybe attach them to each other with a string to avoid the choking hazard.

18. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      08-31-2012 12:55 PM #53
      You didn't have to fly. You imposed your kid on others.
      Society's a b!tch. I'm guessing the annoyed a-holes didn't have to fly either.

There's no doubt in my mind that you never thought about other people's comfort but your own.

Vehicles
      '12 Touareg, '12 CC
      08-31-2012 07:54 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by FlashRedGLS1.8T View Post
      Society's a b!tch. I'm guessing the annoyed a-holes didn't have to fly either.

i'd say there are more a-holes on flights than just a baby crying here or there.

though we did a flight at ~14 months with our son, just some crying on the descent (ears).

as for restaurants - we take our son (and now the newborn) out once a week or so. no issues, the lil guy is more well-behaved in public and distracted by people/stuff. now for other parents, i throw it into two categories before it bothers me - those who are trying really hard (we have all been there/done that) or those parents whom ignore their kid/lack of - yep those type suck. personally, i'm way more concerned about my kids' noise/issues in public than the wife.

those who complain - i'm sure you never cried as a baby/toddler
      .: FireVortex the Browser Extension for VWVortex :: Download now for Firefox & Google Chrome :: Powered by etivite

.: Features: Full Ignore a Member :: Thread Previews :: Kill Threads :: Products Search :: Quick Menu (favorite forums, subscribe topics, recently viewed) :: Custom Emoticons :: Quick Reply :: Full Screen Mode :: MyPage :: Kill Quoted Images :: Kill Quotes in Sigs :: more...

09-06-2012 12:34 PM #55
      Let's be honest, there are far too many parents who don't do much parenting of their children.

That being said, it takes a real ***** to complain about this situation on an internet forum.
      It's all about squats and deads.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      E30 Cab & 1.8T Golf
      09-07-2012 11:59 AM #56
      I have a move I call the "Daddy Clamp".

It involves a hand clamped over a crying babies mouth sealed so tightly not single sound escapes. I utilized it at a wedding this past weekend. I applied the clamp on my 11-month old after she crapped her pants and made a quick exit. No one even heard her.

22. 09-07-2012 05:16 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by smittyATL View Post

It involves a hand clamped over a crying babies mouth sealed so tightly not single sound escapes. I utilized it at a wedding this past weekend. I applied the clamp on my 11-month old after she crapped her pants and made a quick exit. No one even heard her.
      Very practical move. I used it too on my 11 years-old when he was telling mommy about daddy's secret purchase.

little cry babies > adult cry babies

Vehicles
      VW
      09-08-2012 12:46 PM #58
      It inconveniences everyone, not just those who choose not to have children. I have kids. They're either well behaved or they're outside. We flew when the kid's old enough to behave on a flight. We haven't flown with the newborn because she's only 8 months old. Don't try to justify your inconsideration by saying it's only bothersome to people without kids. I have kids and I don't want to hear your brats cry.
      "justify my inconsideration"? whatever that means. I'm more than considerate when I take my kids out. you missed my point. the point is that sh!t happens. everybody needs to calm down with their first world problems

Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      09-08-2012 01:01 PM #59
      "justify my inconsideration"? whatever that means. I'm more than considerate when I take my kids out. you missed my point. the point is that sh!t happens. everybody needs to calm down with their first world problems

ding.

insert deal with it gif here.
      WITW2014 UNIbrace

10-25-2012 09:46 AM #60
      I would rather listen to a crying kid than tolerate talking to most of the ignorant folks in this thread. Hell..kids are more tolerable than most of the adults out there anyway...
      MADSPEED

26. 11-02-2012 10:09 PM #61
      My point is that I'm a parent with young kids. We don't have to fly. There's is nothing that requires us to travel on a commercial plane. NOTHING! I'm not even aware of medical emergencies that would require us to be on a plane. If anyone wants to see the kid, they can come and visit, or we can drive reasonable distances. If you choose to fly with young kids, then you're basically saying your chosen mode of transportation is more important than the well-being of your fellow passengers. That by definition is being inconsiderate. Of course most people on this forum don't understand the English language beyond the 2nd grade level.

27. Member
      11-02-2012 11:29 PM #62
      Yeah, it's true. I don't give you a second thought when I am deciding on how to transport my family. I do think about who is going to sit where, did we bring enough snacks, did we get naps in, do we have our tickets, things to keep the kids busy, remember where I parked, etc...

We are respectful and do what we can, but if you think I am about to inconvenience my life so your life isn't inconvenienced, then you are in for a rude awakening. See, I won't lose a wink of sleep because of you. Does that make me "by definition being inconsiderate"? Meh, I don't give a ****.

Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      11-03-2012 10:00 AM #63
      :|
      Last edited by abeR; 11-03-2012 at 10:17 AM.
      WITW2014 UNIbrace

Vehicles
      20v 1.8t Wolfsburg Jetta ,Rabbit Truck
      11-04-2012 11:59 AM #64
      My kids aren't at the point where they can order yet. My wife and I obviously know what they like to eat, so we order it for them. but when the time comes, I'll let them order. It helps them become comfortable with people, it's an essential skill to learn as a kid.

I agree when kids get really crazy and loud at a normal restaurant, parents should take action. We rarely go out anymore, but when my kids get really rowdy and bother people at a restaurant, I take them outside to let them calm down. If they don't, I usually just get the food to go.

Vehicles
      20v 1.8t Wolfsburg Jetta ,Rabbit Truck
      11-04-2012 12:04 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by smittyATL View Post

I like that move, but does it tick of the child even more?

31. Member
      11-04-2012 12:55 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by thebigtuna21 View Post
      My kids aren't at the point where they can order yet. My wife and I obviously know what they like to eat, so we order it for them. but when the time comes, I'll let them order. It helps them become comfortable with people, it's an essential skill to learn as a kid.

I agree when kids get really crazy and loud at a normal restaurant, parents should take action. We rarely go out anymore, but when my kids get really rowdy and bother people at a restaurant, I take them outside to let them calm down. If they don't, I usually just get the food to go.
      Way too much common sense going on in this post.

11-19-2012 10:45 AM #67
      OP is a troll
      he doesn't even have kids but comes to the parenting forum to tell us how to raise our kids, LOL

he's more passive aggressive than most females

sorry OP but children are everywhere, and they don't always act perfect (news flash)
      I take great care to make sure my 4 and 8 y.o. act civilized whilst in public/in restaurants, but sometimes kids fuss & cry, that's life, deal with it. and get over yourself. you sound like a whiney baby yourself

and until you have kids, don't tell others how to parent!!!!
      You're right. There are CHILDREN EVERYWHERE. Its not hard to HAVE kids, but it doesnt entitle you to call yourself a PARENT.

Name calling. Really?

Problem has been minimized. I just go to better restaurants and hotels.
      Less morons raising morons...

Passive enough for you?
      Last edited by BetterByDesign; 11-19-2012 at 10:58 AM.
      Brazil 2014

11-19-2012 11:24 AM #68
      Nice to see some parents responding. Thanks.
      Brazil 2014

34. 11-20-2012 11:20 AM #69
      My point is that I'm a parent with young kids. We don't have to fly. There's is nothing that requires us to travel on a commercial plane. NOTHING! I'm not even aware of medical emergencies that would require us to be on a plane. If anyone wants to see the kid, they can come and visit, or we can drive reasonable distances. If you choose to fly with young kids, then you're basically saying your chosen mode of transportation is more important than the well-being of your fellow passengers. That by definition is being inconsiderate. Of course most people on this forum don't understand the English language beyond the 2nd grade level.

This is the dumbest **** I have ever heard. Fellow passengers? Who are you and why should I care? I paid for my plane ticket just like you. You know going in there is a possibility of a child being on the plane and crying. You don't like it, alter your method of transportation, or just become more tolerable like a normal understanding human being. There is nothing that requires you to travel on a commercial plane.

Vehicles
      e320 wagon, company issued appliance
      11-20-2012 03:46 PM #70
      You must live a very unhappy life. All those people around you, constantly being inconsiderate. By choosing a "public" form of transportation instread of a personal one, you have chosen to subject yourself to the public. Don't want to deal with it? Drive your car.
      "Never attribute to maliciousness that which can be attributed to stupidity."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast