Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Spray Can Clear Coat - Recommendations?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Mk4 Golf 2.0l 8v, 1999.5 Mk3 Golf 2.0l 8v
      08-11-2012 09:50 PM #1
      Hi

I've been working on touching up some plastic body pieces to my 99.5 mk3 golf.

For the front grille, I've been using some flat black paint. It seems to scratch pretty easily, despite the fact that I've used several coats.

I've been looking for some spray can clear coat to help protect the paint. I found some stuff at a local hardware store, "Krylon Clear Coat Sealer". Has anyone had any experience with this?

Alternatively, any suggestions you have would be really appreciated. I don't have a lot of experience with auto detailing.

08-12-2012 09:36 AM #2
      I have .. it works good ... but before you use it make sure its compatable with the paint you have ,... do a test with the two.

Vehicles
      01 Jetta VR6, 71 Type 1.
      08-12-2012 07:39 PM #3
      I've heard good things about Max 2k Clear Coat. Its got this plunger in the bottom of the can that injects a hardener when pushed. I've read that it dries much harder than normal aerosol clear coat. It's expensive but if you're doing bumpers and it does actually dry harder than normal spray can clear coat, you may be better off.