Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Results 1 to 6 of 6

    Thread: the Kia $99.00 a month lease

    1. 08-11-2012 10:01 PM #1
      does anyone know anything about this? Is it just a crock of BS? I imagine it's only if you have great credit and put a retarded amount of money down up front. And, I'll bet it's for like the saddest stripper Rio or maybe a base Soul if you're lucky.

      Has anyone around here taken advantage of this lease or any similar to it?

    2. 08-11-2012 10:04 PM #2
      It's legit but it is for a base Rio. It doesn't include taxes (no advertised lease does). I can't recall the money required but it wasn't huge. 12,000 miles a year I believe.

    3. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      63,731
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      08-11-2012 10:25 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
      It's legit but it is for a base Rio. It doesn't include taxes (no advertised lease does). I can't recall the money required but it wasn't huge. 12,000 miles a year I believe.
      36 months, 24 months?
      Closed end?
      $3500 down PLUS taxes and fees?

      Without knowing the numbers, the $99 a month means nothing.

      When figuring a lease deal- figure the cash down back into the lease payment to get a better idea of what you are paying compared to a normal loan.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

    4. 08-11-2012 10:46 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      36 months, 24 months?
      Closed end?
      $3500 down PLUS taxes and fees?

      Without knowing the numbers, the $99 a month means nothing.

      When figuring a lease deal- figure the cash down back into the lease payment to get a better idea of what you are paying compared to a normal loan.
      I would have to look it back up again. Off the top of my head 36 months. Closed end. For some reason money down seemed to be around 2k?

      {edit} Looking at the Kia site I no longer see the Rio lease deal. They are now advertising the Forte for $159. 36 month. Closed end $1999 down plus T&T. That includes the aq fee which can be negotiated.
      Last edited by pknopp; 08-11-2012 at 10:53 PM.

    5. 08-11-2012 11:42 PM #5
      1. Whats the Money Factor?
      2. What's the residual?
      3. What are the lease terms?

      The acquisition fee most definitely is NOT negotiable.
      2012 Toyota Prius 3, Blizzard White/Gray
      2014 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Edition30, Pure White/Black V-tex/carbon

      Son of a gun / Master of fate / Bows to no god, kingdom, or state.

    6. 08-12-2012 12:13 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by GolfVIDriver View Post
      1. Whats the Money Factor?
      2. What's the residual?
      3. What are the lease terms?

      The acquisition fee most definitely is NOT negotiable.
      New Car Lease Deals May Include an Acquisition Fee: Watch Out for This
      The acquisition fee in a new car lease deal is a cost added to the vehicle used to get more money out of you. If you see this cost in your contract, ask about it before you sign on the dotted line. If you are interested in how to negotiate a car lease starting points, talking the dealer out of this is a good place.


      http://www.carbuyingedge.com/categor...fees/1/article

      I suppose I was too simplistic there also. If a dealer is going through a leasing company they charge a leasing fee or aquisition fee. This is a set amount they charge. It is what it is. Just like an interest rate though, a dealer can bump this fee though.

      Most advertised leases are done through the manufacturer not a leasing company. Yes, this can be negotiated. Banks charge a fee on home loans also but again, these can be negotiated.

      2 points? Nope, I have excellent credit and can go anywhere. I'm willing to pay 1.5 points.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •