Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would just like to say...

Vehicles
      Ls3
      08-13-2012 08:40 AM #1
      big thanks to Cory Sterling.

for the first year of a 2 day show Cory, you nailed it man. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to get my business name out there. This takes a lot of work/thought into getting something like this put together let alone for 2 days, not sure if it was said or not, the man plans this on his birthday. Saturday was extremely laid back, not a lot of foot traffic but i think everyone planned for that. This show has a lot of potential for being another weekend VAG event. The vendor area was a little hectic as far as setup went but where else are you going to get a vendor booth for $250 for a 2 days, and see the foot traffic we did on sunday.

Before the bitching about judging, not being judged, not being judged fairly, something unorganized, food, bands, auction something not going you're way.....save it, and take a second to think about how much time has to go into things like this.

Thanks again Cory, and hope you enjoyed you're birthday, you old ****.
      Last edited by lowerthanzimmy; 08-13-2012 at 08:48 AM.
      yuksquad.//EE Militia//4EverKustoms
      [B]Owner- All in the DEtails Automotive Detailing

Vehicles
      mkv, mk1
      08-13-2012 08:52 AM #2
      Air ride installs, coil over installs, general servicing, frame notching, vag com, mk1 restorations and repairs
      Email mreurowerks@gmail.com
      Instagram @rikeymobles

Vehicles
      8v
      08-13-2012 09:01 AM #3
      Nicely put.

Thanks! I had a blast this weekend!
      VWfiends

Vehicles
      06 BMW 330i, 06 BMW X3 (wife's) 07 Pontiaic G5 GT, 02 Kawasaki Mean Streak. 03 B6 retired.
      08-13-2012 09:01 AM #4
      www.YoCoEuros.com
      BAGS ARE FOR 40'S

Vehicles
      U will think I'm bragginnnnnn...
      08-13-2012 09:39 AM #5
      Great show, will attend again, but I know i didnt get judged, but had a great time so who cares.. keep up the good work.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R Stage 3, 2010 Golf daily beater
      08-13-2012 09:40 AM #6
      great show and awesome weekend all together

the only thing that could have been different was the the MK6 golf R class or lack there of. when i registered they ended up putting the Golf R's with MK5 R32's. dont know why but it is what it is.

i took the entire family and we all had a great time. see ya next year for sure

7. 08-13-2012 09:46 AM #7
      Great Show Cory! I have been going to vw shows all over the usa this summer, and this was the best weather yet. Thanks to all the TDI guys that stopped by - we gotta get a bigger TDI showing. Arno's white mk4 Golf TDI (NGP booth) was awesome too! Very relaxed atmosphere, and easy access for customers. Must be nuts to organize, this show - keep up the good work!
      Many Thanks,
      Jeff
      RocketChip Performance Tuning
      05.5Jetta TDI stg2 DSG, 00Jetta TDI 6spd stg6 race, 99.5Jetta Rocket Diesel stg5 ARL-PD150 6spd 2260, 02Jetta 1.8T stg2 GT28RS auto, WinOls, CMD, Byteshooter, Optican, etc. 2003.5 5.9L Cummins QCLB 4x4 Blue Monster, 00Passat1.8T, other tdi's: 97J, 98J, 99.5J2x, 92 Corrado Stg1 vR6, 00-C5 6spd - EFILive, HPTuner, Diablo Sport!
      "DIESEL TUNING PROFESSIONAL" 1-5-3-6-2-4=;-)

Vehicles
      Ls3
      08-13-2012 09:49 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by jsrmonster View Post
      Great Show Cory! I have been going to vw shows all over the usa this summer, and this was the best weather yet. Thanks to all the TDI guys that stopped by - we gotta get a bigger TDI showing. Arno's white mk4 Golf TDI (NGP booth) was awesome too! Very relaxed atmosphere, and easy access for customers. Must be nuts to organize, this show - keep up the good work!
      Many Thanks,
      Jeff
      RocketChip Performance Tuning
      Arno is a great friend of mine, i got to see some raw pictures from his photoshoot saturday for PVW.... all i can say is wow.

Vehicles
      4 doors 6 gears
      08-13-2012 10:13 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by lowerthanzimmy View Post
      Before the bitching about judging, not being judged, not being judged fairly, something unorganized, food, bands, auction something not going you're way.....save it, and take a second to think about how much time has to go into things like this.
      But if we paid to be judged we should have..? Can't say if me or my girlfriend were judged considering there wasn't orange dots on our windshields but all the cars around us had one..don't get me wrong it was a great show but I woulda saved the 10 bucks and parked outside unless for some odd reason we just didn't get stickers

Vehicles
      '04.5 BT GLI, '01.5 3+ S4, '08 .:R32 (sold), '03 A4 Avant TQM (traded), '96 GTI VR6 (sold)
      08-13-2012 11:28 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by GLIndecamp View Post
      But if we paid to be judged we should have..? Can't say if me or my girlfriend were judged considering there wasn't orange dots on our windshields but all the cars around us had one..don't get me wrong it was a great show but I woulda saved the 10 bucks and parked outside unless for some odd reason we just didn't get stickers
      There was a little bit of confusion here. Our group noticed all of the cars around us had stickers, but three in our group of friends did not. Did some investigating, and talked to Amber (one of the girls in charge, really nice to talk to). She explained that most of the "newer" judges were using the dot stickers, but those with a lot of judging experience (like her) didn't need them to keep things straight. Two out of the three of us that didn't have stickers placed in our classes. I wasn't babysitting my car all day, but there was always people under our tent. I didn't get to talk to any judges, and no one from my group said people with clipboards came by to stop at it, but my car was obviously judged (discreetly I suppose). My only critique is that they should either use stickers for all of the cars, or not use them and let owners know that the judges are coming for X, Y, Z, etc. classes (probably easier to just use stickers for everyone, takes all the guess work out of it). A big to Cory and his staff for another great year for VAGfair.
      garage queen | PARTS SALE
      IG: @jeremymatula

Vehicles
      4 doors 6 gears
      08-13-2012 11:50 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Philip J. Fry View Post
      There was a little bit of confusion here. Our group noticed all of the cars around us had stickers, but three in our group of friends did not. Did some investigating, and talked to Amber (one of the girls in charge, really nice to talk to). She explained that most of the "newer" judges were using the dot stickers, but those with a lot of judging experience (like her) didn't need them to keep things straight. Two out of the three of us that didn't have stickers placed in our classes. I wasn't babysitting my car all day, but there was always people under our tent. I didn't get to talk to any judges, and no one from my group said people with clipboards came by to stop at it, but my car was obviously judged (discreetly I suppose). My only critique is that they should either use stickers for all of the cars, or not use them and let owners know that the judges are coming for X, Y, Z, etc. classes (probably easier to just use stickers for everyone, takes all the guess work out of it). A big to Cory and his staff for another great year for VAGfair.
      I agree with using stickers on every car..I have no idea if my car was judged or not since I was also not with my car all day..it was kinda odd that the 20th right behind my girlfriends 20th had a sticker but hers did not.

Vehicles
      '04.5 BT GLI, '01.5 3+ S4, '08 .:R32 (sold), '03 A4 Avant TQM (traded), '96 GTI VR6 (sold)
      08-13-2012 11:56 AM #12
      I agree with using stickers on every car..I have no idea if my car was judged or not since I was also not with my car all day..it was kinda odd that the 20th right behind my girlfriends 20th had a sticker but hers did not.
      I agree with your concern 100%. It sends a mixed message to use them on some, but not others, but Amber was a straight shooter, and didn't blow our question off when we naively asked. I parked bumper to bumper with a MK4 Jetta, and then there was one with a Golf front end directly across from me in the next row over. Both of them had stickers, and I didn't. That's why I thought it was a good idea to go over and ask "what was up?"
      garage queen | PARTS SALE
      IG: @jeremymatula

Vehicles
      mkv, mk1
      08-13-2012 07:37 PM #13
      I was a judge I only forgot to sticker 1 car but judged all the cars I could find in the classes I had some cars I could not find I've been judging this show for 4 years now I know the routine also if you plan on having your car judged and don't plan on staying by your car open a window and leave your hood open please
      Air ride installs, coil over installs, general servicing, frame notching, vag com, mk1 restorations and repairs
      Instagram @rikeymobles

14. Banned
      Vehicles
      337/MKVI
      08-14-2012 08:45 PM #14
      LTZ= slurp slurp

15. Banned
      Vehicles
      337/MKVI
      08-14-2012 08:50 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Minor_Threat View Post
      I was a judge I only forgot to sticker 1 car but judged all the cars I could find in the classes I had some cars I could not find I've been judging this show for 4 years now I know the routine also if you plan on having your car judged and don't plan on staying by your car open a window and leave your hood open please
      I bet you're that short, tattoo'd **** that everyone was telling me about...If so you skipped my car and at least 3 others...but it's ok because I placed first in my class via a top dog judge, odd's are I wouldn't have placed at all from you because I don't have bags.

If you're not him...apologies

Other than my class's lazy judge I had no issues with the show!

Vehicles
      mkv, mk1
      08-14-2012 09:50 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by 10-25 View Post
      I bet you're that short, tattoo'd **** that everyone was telling me about...If so you skipped my car and at least 3 others...but it's ok because I placed first in my class via a top dog judge, odd's are I wouldn't have placed at all from you because I don't have bags.

I did not skip any cars, I only skipped a car if I could not find it accordingly, I didn't skip a car because I didn't like it, it was because I couldn't find it. Bags or not, I don't really care, its all about how your wheels fit with your suspension.
      Instagram @rikeymobles

Vehicles
      '08 GTI, '12 Beetle, '91 Passat
      08-14-2012 10:29 PM #17
      Every thread gets ruined by people complaining they weren't judged
      // Open Road Tuning
      Instagram: @bryangb
      bags and wheels = build thread

Vehicles
      4 doors 6 gears
      08-14-2012 10:42 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by bryangb View Post
      Every thread gets ruined by people complaining they weren't judged
      Clearly you got judged..if we paid to get judged and didn't that's like throwing money in the trash can

Vehicles
      NSM 06 GTI pk1, t-red 06 GTI pk0
      08-14-2012 10:54 PM #19
      The judges were judging categories not the rows so if you saw 1 judge skip your car doesn't mean you got skipped it means that judge wasn't doing your class
      mkv vr swap thread
      gengstout
      BAGRIDERSDSDAF PVW 4/11
      PM me about air ride installs, coils, fender rolling, frame notches or any other work you might need in NE

Vehicles
      mkv, mk1
      08-14-2012 10:55 PM #20
      Clearly you got judged..if we paid to get judged and didn't that's like throwing money in the trash can
      seems like shows now are lose lose situations, you have people saying they weren't judged, then you have people complaining about judging not being fair.
      Instagram @rikeymobles

Vehicles
      mkv, mk1
      08-14-2012 11:00 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by the fuzzy one View Post
      The judges were judging categories not the rows so if you saw 1 judge skip your car doesn't mean you got skipped it means that judge wasn't doing your class
      that is exactly how it is laid out, plus there were about 5 different mk4 classes, Im sure some people saw me judging 1 mk4 then skipping over their car which was another mk4, if I looked at your car and walked away it was because you weren't in my class.
      Instagram @rikeymobles

22. 08-15-2012 02:14 AM #22

Wow why all the hatred towards robles? Maybe he wasnt judging your class dip****! Next year why dont you judge instead of complaining about it after the fact. Get a life!

Vehicles
      Ls3
      08-15-2012 07:14 AM #23
      LTZ= slurp slurp
      that's the sounds that your girl makes when johnny is laying the pipe.

Vehicles
      many matchboxes
      08-15-2012 09:01 AM #24
      Ok let me clear some things up.....

The judging was more then fair. Look at the who won thread and tell me if any of those cars did not deserve to win??????!!!!

We ran out of stickers and we decided to not run to the store and hold up judging for the sake of getting awards out in a timely manner.

Next year I'm just going to go around judging people lolol Jking.

with this show growing every year its hard to gauge how many show cars are going to be there and when we buy supplies we buy as much as we can get. i bout 60 clip board this year and 1200 orange dots if that puts things into perspective. Do you realize that 1200 orange dots were given out???? That means the show is as big as H20 attendance show car wise. Does this mean I need to limit the number of show cars...Hell no. i want to see every car. I also did see every car. I rode around and walked the feild many times. I give out the "Best of" awards. Anyways stop complaining about my car wasn't judged I have a bunch of trophy's left over if you want one. I assure you the cars were judged and if there was a problem it was handled quickly. if you don't speak up to the staff we can't fix it. If you think your car wasn't judged come get me and I will personally walk out to your car and judge it. Remember I know for sure what I am looking at so that may or may not be in your favor.

I can put money on it that the people complaining couldn't tell me who had a chevy 350 in a car and how many v8 swapped audi or ccw smooties on their car...or who had a sweet deisel set up in a car you would have never thought had.... Or who had a right had drive jetta wagon. Trust me Im aware of everything around me.
      Last edited by AbtCorrado; 08-15-2012 at 09:05 AM.

25. Senior Member christofambrosch's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat 3.6
      08-15-2012 09:15 AM #25
      Best weekend I have had in a while. Last year was my first time going to VAG Fair and I will continue to come. This thread looks like it was made to tell Cory that he was responsible for a great event, not judging.

I will second, or third...or whatever number I am, this by saying thanks for the best show event that I have been to this year. Next year I will skip the riff raff and just focus on VAG Fair.

The Golf R being in the MkV R32 class would be my only complaint...but I'm sure this'll be taken care of.
      "Antequam desilirent", RIP brothers.

Christof Ambrosch Photography

Vehicles
      Ls3
      08-15-2012 09:27 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by AbtCorrado View Post
      :long paragraph of Cory laying the law:
      see you in a few weeks buddy!

Vehicles
      many matchboxes
      08-15-2012 09:28 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by KIDVersion 1 View Post
      Best weekend I have had in a while. Last year was my first time going to VAG Fair and I will continue to come. This thread looks like it was made to tell Cory that he was responsible for a great event, not judging.

I will second, or third...or whatever number I am, this by saying thanks for the best show event that I have been to this year. Next year I will skip the riff raff and just focus on VAG Fair.

The Golf R being in the MkV R32 class would be my only complaint...but I'm sure this'll be taken care of.
      Thank you. We are working on changing some of the classes for the up coming year and will have all this straightened out.

28. Banned
      Vehicles
      337/MKVI
      08-15-2012 09:35 AM #28
      that's the sounds that your girl makes when johnny is laying the pipe.

Sorry you must have her confused with someone who likes chubby guys....he's gay too right? that would explain why he's been single for so long?

I like the picture you posted, you thought that up yourself?

29. Member
      Vehicles
      not enough
      08-15-2012 09:40 AM #29
      Am I the only person that doesn't go to shows for trophy's or plaques? I could have sworn we all got together for the hell of it, hang out with old/new friends, drink a couple beers and have a good time.

Cory, great show as always, I wasn't able to make it Saturday but Sunday was better then it ever has been and I'm sure next year will be even better. Hats off to you and your crew. Thanks to you putting in the time and effort to put this together, I got to see friends I haven't seen or hung out with in years!

Vehicles
      Bagged MK6.
      08-15-2012 09:47 AM #30

I like the picture you posted, you thought that up yourself?
      You know I saw some of the other things This clown posted via IG, and figured him for some random tool. Now that I saw the sig I remember him from his other retarded posts.

Show was awesome IMO. Nothing like a chill, laid back event to make for a good weekend.
      Quote Originally Posted by GolfEMkay6 View Post
      stance is so dumb, you all have ruined your cars.
      these cars have a turbocharged engine.....stage 2 your almost 300hp. But you guys lower your cars to look like ricers.
      @mschiano
      Floss Filthy

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, '14 Jeep
      08-15-2012 09:50 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by 20rabbit08 View Post
      Am I the only person that doesn't go to shows for trophy's or plaques? I could have sworn we all got together for the hell of it, hang out with old/new friends, drink a couple beers and have a good time.

Cory, great show as always, I wasn't able to make it Saturday but Sunday was better then it ever has been and I'm sure next year will be even better. Hats off to you and your crew. Thanks to you putting in the time and effort to put this together, I got to see friends I haven't seen or hung out with in years!
      This is exactly what it's about

The show felt a lot like H2O or WF from about 5 years ago. Super laid back, great cars, no real troublemakers, and just a great weekend overall
      Flickr™
      DubCult.

Vehicles
      Ls3
      08-15-2012 09:52 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by 20rabbit08 View Post

nope, park my car and walk away for the day.

Vehicles
      Mk2 jetta (stormtrooper), 94 golf vr6 (resurrection in progress)
      08-15-2012 04:05 PM #33
      nope, park my car and walk away for the day.
      samesies, however this was after i slept off the battleshots from camping Saturday night.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sodomythical Frostgoat View Post
      Go **** yourself. I'm here to destroy everything you love.
      PM me for junkyard requests, the local yard gets lots of mk3s cuz i get lots of mk3 parts from em.

Vehicles
      many matchboxes
      08-16-2012 09:12 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolveedubbin View Post
      samesies, however this was after i slept off the battleshots from camping Saturday night.
      I saw you sleeping hahahah

35. 08-17-2012 11:48 AM #35
      i was walking around in a pink wig so im sure i was judged by more than one person. Cory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast