VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aonarch's Carpool Lane Hero!

38K views 355 replies 44 participants last post by  Aonarch 
#1 · (Edited)

^ As of 05Oct2012.

Picked up 13Aug2012 from Gunther VW.

Does this come standard, if so that is awesome!

I traded my MKVI GTI for the 2012 Beetle, which turned out to be a Dung Beetle (Harr dee harr harr), but thankfully VWoA bought it back and I ordered a 2012 JSW TDI CW with Pano and Nav... I was rather disappointed when a base TDI showed up instead of one with Pano and Nav, but I was told the wait would be 3 more months at the earliest and I would have to drive the Beetle until it came in, so I said no this one is fine and drove it home.

Plans?

Ehh not sure, I have modded my fair share of cars, but for this one I want to it to be all about me. Feel free to input your opinion, but I will probably ignore it. :p

I originally wanted to just go with a set of matched springs and shocks instead of coils, but now after helping install air ride in a friend's MKVI GTI I am kind of interested in it. However, I want a trouble free setup, and air ride is not trouble free.

^ Before the Beetle.

So Far:

• Koni Coil-Overs
  • O.Z. Racing Ultraleggras 17x8
  • Sumitomo HTR Z III 225/45/17
  • Color-matched Side Markers (Ordered)
  • Bi-Xenons
  • H&R RSB
  • K&N Drop-in
  • Muffler Delete w/ Corsa tip (Ordered)
  • Yakima Rack
  • 35% Llumar Tint
  • De-Badged
  • APR Tune (Appointment scheduled)
  • Gold Brake Calipers
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Plate Frame
  • ETX18L Deka AGM Battery w/ Odyssey Gold SAE Terminals

See less See more
#148 ·
:thumbup:

Didn't see this thread before. What wheels did you go with. I think the gold color will look the best. :thumbup: BTW I saw someone with color matched roof rails in person, it look'd sweet. Here's a link

I think the JSW is far cooler then the Beetle. Especially when done right. That's me tho.
:thumbup: no go on the rack, because I would just scratch the hell out of it. I haven't bought a rack yet for it, but I will soon. I mountain bike and kayak.

i don't know why, but i love gas station shots. she's a beaut!
Thanks!

Ok! Still on the fence with wheels... :banghead: Personally I think a lot of wheels only look good in certain specific instances. So for this I need to find a wheel that matches its specs and character. I am on coils, decently low, but not on air, so a lot of wheels are out like LM's.

I might just go with the standard OZ Superleggras, but why not just get Sparco's for much, much cheaper?

So the battle continues.

I lowered the front some more after getting a full tank of diesel to help level it all out. I figure a full tank of diesel and nothing in the rear of the car would put the rear at a typical ride height/ weight.

#150 ·
:thumbup:

OK! My drive way is not perfectly level, so I kept having to button everything back up, drive to a level parking lot (Not pictured), and then re-measure. Sure it is a PITA, but it is a one time deal. Set it and forget about it. The fronts are 24" FTG and the rears are 24 1/4" FTG. I set the rear a bit higher to compensate for the lower fenders and a possible heavy load in the back.

#177 ·
The only thing I am afraid of when I add more power to my car is the increased potential for more speeding tickets :p

:beer:

#182 ·
So are you going to go the Xenon retrofit or just keep your stock halogen bulbs in Ed's lights? I'm interested to see how you like them, they are next on my list. Completely change the look of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.