Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Links back to The Car Lounge (opens in same window)
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pagani Huayra Appreciation

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      08-14-2012 06:03 PM #36
      This car is amazing engineering, but seriously folks, its "WHY RUH". It ain't that hard.
      No Signature. Only Krav Khalash.

Vehicles
      '93 Prelude VTEC, '00 GTI 1.8T, '91 Miata, '13 Golf R
      08-14-2012 06:05 PM #37
      This top down view is the best angle of the car. Too bad no one will ever see it.

08-14-2012 11:39 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      Extremely doubtful. There are dozens (if not hundreds) of Porsche 930 Turbos modified with 959 body kits. Even some POrsche dealers were installing 959 body kits back then.

I read somewhere reliable (although I now forget where) that there are only two Porsche 959s to have been confirmed imported into the USA. One is (was) owned by Bill Gates.
      its possible, but i do live in fancy connecticut haha. a guy came by while me and a couple friends were checking it out to make sure we werent going to do something stupid and told us that the guy had a huge collection of porsches. i tried to find the pics i took of it but no luck.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Nah, understeering into a tree in a Honda like a teenage girl ruins your street cred. I'd leave the door to show how hard you are.

08-15-2012 11:03 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      This car is amazing engineering, but seriously folks, its "WHY RUH". It ain't that hard.
      I guess it depends; I saw one video where the Pagani guy sounded more like he was pronouncing it with 3 syllables. "Why ruh" is 2; the way I was hearing it was more like Wire-uh, or WHY-er-uh. Of course, with a name like "why, er, uh" it makes it sound like the ultimate name of confusion. Hmm....

5. 08-15-2012 11:16 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      Extremely doubtful. There are dozens (if not hundreds) of Porsche 930 Turbos modified with 959 body kits. Even some POrsche dealers were installing 959 body kits back then.

I read somewhere reliable (although I now forget where) that there are only two Porsche 959s to have been confirmed imported into the USA. One is (was) owned by Bill Gates.
      Not even close. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...59-s-in-the-US

Vehicles
      Bent M
      08-15-2012 12:27 PM #41
      After researching the "WHY RUH" more, it really is a sweet car.

I have to say, though (and this really goes to show how far car engineering has advanced), the performance specs seem a bit underwhelming in its price category.

The thing apparently goes 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, with an ~11.2 quarter mile. These are great numbers, but not anymore, and not for a $1m+ car.

I realize there is far more to this car than accelaration numbers. However, there are a number of sub-$500,000 cars out htere that accelarate significantly faster, not to mention then upcoming hybrid Enzo and hybrid Porsche.

I will withhold judgment until I see a full magazine review. But perhaps a lightly modified AMG mercedes engine doesn't quite hack it in a $1.0m+ supercar?

Either way, I love this thing!!!
      2000 BMW M Roadster - 5-speed
      2014 Mazda Mazda6 - 6-speed
      2013 Subaru Crosstrek XV - 5-speed
      2013 Honda Civic LX Sedan - Nannymobile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12