Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Removing Monsoon sound system 04GTI

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2004 GTI VR6
      08-13-2012 08:42 PM #1
      I was just talking to a VW buddy of mine, from what i understand if i have the monsoon sound system which i do, he claims its a "whole project" just to replace that sound system? I have another thread stating what i am getting into, which is basically removing monsoon and replacing everything + Amps.. Is it really that bad? I know i need to get a pretty expensive harness, what kind of trouble am i getting into?

Vehicles
      2003 GTI
      08-13-2012 10:15 PM #2
      What are you trying to do? If replacing everything, than just install all your new wires and don't worry about the old stuff. Use a harness adapter for the deck, the rest will be new wiring. If trying to retain the stock speakers, or wiring than you will have to search for some wiring pinouts.
      CTS gt3071r and more

3. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2004 GTI VR6
      08-13-2012 10:20 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by sabbySC View Post
      What are you trying to do? If replacing everything, than just install all your new wires and don't worry about the old stuff. Use a harness adapter for the deck, the rest will be new wiring. If trying to retain the stock speakers, or wiring than you will have to search for some wiring pinouts.
      Yeah, i am just bypassing the amp all around. New deck, new amps, new speakers, it seems i have to buy http://pac-audio.com/productDetails....&CategoryID=26 that harness because a good chunk of the car is wired into the existing monsoon system