• .:R32

Votes: 220 52.3%
  • S2000

Votes: 201 47.7%

.:R32 vs. S2000

103K views 389 replies 129 participants last post by  mert mert 
#1 ·
You've got $15,000 to spend.
What car would you pick as an all around daily driver/weekend toy/possible odd lapping day?
Summer driven only.

2004 .:R32

S2000

See less See more
#105 · (Edited)
Wat?

3.2L VR6 -> 240 hp as opposed to a 2.0L 8v -> 115 hp.
Ridiculous engine note. Recaro seats. My god, not a city Golf.
Cheaper Haldex AWD? Cheaper than what? It worked fine, and as far as I know, it has less problems than Subaru's, albeit not as good of a system.

I'd go for the R32, but the S2000 is a close 2nd. Really, depends on the day. On a Friday, I'd probably say S2000, but this is Wednesday.

#5 ·
Having owned both an R32 and an S2000, the car enthusiast in me will tell you S2000. It's such a drivers car. However, given that one of your requirements include "daily driver", I would have to say the R32. I could not even fit a boxed iMac in the S2000. Unless you'll have a daily, I would go with the R32.

#30 ·
That's why the iPad was invented.:laugh:

#6 ·
s2K. all day, every day... 2x on Sundays.

PS: don't let em tell you that you can't daily an S2k. I daily an NB Miata. I'm a bigger guy. I've hauled everything from two tires for my truck, to a few 8 foot sticks of 2x4's... with the top down, of course. :D

#11 ·
tough choice.
voted s2k because you said summer only. if you would drive it year round i'd have to pick the:R

I said :R

:R

#14 ·
I wouldn't choose the R32 just because people type out crap like .:R32 without a hint of irony.

Gimme the S2000. The sterling reliability, top down ability and amazing fun to drive factor are just icing on the cake.

#20 · (Edited)
I wouldn't choose the :R32 just because people type out crap like .:R32 without a hint of irony.

Gimme the S2000. The sterling reliability, top down ability and amazing fun to drive factor are just icing on the cake.
The :real irony here is that you'd let a : stop you f:rom buying a fai:rly capable (albeit ove:rpriced) ca:r.

It loses out to the s2k (does that one bothe:r you too?) by most standa:rds but they a:re awesome little ca:rs. My nephew has one, and I get a little jealous eve:ry time I go ove:r my b:rothe:r's house.

::wave:

The the past few mins votes for the Golf have gone up more than the S2000. Methinks OP is telling his Mk4 brotifromers to vote here (not that they know any better.)
Why would he try to sway the results of his own poll? :screwy:
Methinks you're butthurt than the 2 are actually kinda close. Don't sweat it, the Honda's probably going to win. It'll be ok. :)

#24 ·
On a moRe seRious note, the S2000 is a veRy livable daily dRiver caR. Unless you aRe fat, you'll be just fine. And to those complaining about stoRage space: unless you haul cRap to and fRom woRk eveRy day, you have no need foR ample tRunk space. And if that's the case with youR daily gRind, you wouldn't be looking at EITHER of these caRs to begin with.

#38 ·
Same. But honestly threads like this it's not hard to guess..

Really wish I was 2 inches shorter so I could fit in an S2k though... I test drove one 5-6 years ago and my knees were jammed under the steering wheel. Made it difficult to shift gears and steer, and the sales guy looked at me like :what::what::screwy: but oh man it was fun to drive.. le sigh.

#79 · (Edited)
I guarantee you that the S2000 is the one that's going to put a grin on your face, that you'll be smiling to when you walk out to the garage to drive it. It's going to be a car that will make you glad that you bought it.

It may be apples to oranges, but I would take the S2000 without hesitation.

Rule for TCL 4.0 maybe?? :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.