Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: New Transporter Dual-cab for Down Under, link

1. Member Operating Engineer O/O's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2002 EuroVan MV & GMC T-7500
      08-16-2012 01:39 AM #1
      '02 EuroVan MV & '02 GMC T-7500 cabover 3126 CAT & '02 Manitou 14.000 lb Telehandler Perkins/CAT 4.liter...http://www.MenzelEngineering.com

2. Member
      08-19-2012 09:07 PM #2
      Except they don't tell you how much, eh? I'd love to replace my previous generation T4 with one of these but the price of entry for the 4motion version gets very little change from AU$60,000 once you've driven out the dealers door (dealer delivery is roughly 2.5K, import duty is 5%). The AU$ and the US$ are essentially at parity at the moment.

This gets you a commercial vehicle trim level (rubber floors and acres of plastic) but is well featured with A/C and cruise control as standard...

Would the land of cheap, big engined body on frame pickups really spend this sort of $$$ for a moncoque pickup with a 2 litre diesel engine? I think not.

3. Member Operating Engineer O/O's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2002 EuroVan MV & GMC T-7500
      08-19-2012 11:23 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Seano View Post
      Except they don't tell you how much, eh? I'd love to replace my previous generation T4 with one of these but the price of entry for the 4motion version gets very little change from AU$60,000 once you've driven out the dealers door (dealer delivery is roughly 2.5K, import duty is 5%). The AU$ and the US$ are essentially at parity at the moment.

This gets you a commercial vehicle trim level (rubber floors and acres of plastic) but is well featured with A/C and cruise control as standard...

Would the land of cheap, big engined body on frame pickups really spend this sort of $$$ for a moncoque pickup with a 2 litre diesel engine? I think not.
      Your comment is well taken, however, I have a friend in the U.K. that had a Dodge / Cummins pick-up shipped to him in a "sea can "'........I would rather have ''moncoque pickup with a 2 litre diesel engine"....to each there own, Tom
      '02 EuroVan MV & '02 GMC T-7500 cabover 3126 CAT & '02 Manitou 14.000 lb Telehandler Perkins/CAT 4.liter...http://www.MenzelEngineering.com