So I've been dealing with a VERY frustrating problem for the past two weeks. All of the sudden, my desktop computer doesn't recognize my PS3 as a device and I can no longer connect to my media server.
Here are the things I checked (Both computers are running Win 7):
- From what I can tell the firewall is non related. (uninstalled all antivirus programs and disabled the firewall)
- Verified the router is still working (My laptop will connect to the PS3 without any issues)
- I can ping the ps3 from the desktop
- The laptop is home grouped to my desktop and the desktop does recognize the laptop
- Nothing has been recently installed on the computer.
- Just updated to Java 7 update 5
When I looked at the list of devices, no matter what I do, the ps3 doesn't even show up
I can play my media through the laptop, but since its all stored on my desktop I would really like to get that running again!
What am I missing? I can't figure out why the computer would have just "stopped" detecting the ps3 without some sort of system change.
Help me out!! Thanks