VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Low Friendly Alignment Places

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  hammeredGLI 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have an E36 M3 that hasn't been able to make it onto any alignment racks in MD so far. I've tried NGP, BMW, IAG, and other reputable shops. Anyone know of a place that could help me out? thanks!

Here's a picture for reference of my height:

See less See more
#5 ·
U can try giving Ptuning a call in Manassas, VA. Might be a drive for you, but I've heard good things about them.
thanks guys ill give both of them a call
IAG couldn't do it? I thought they could do stupid low cars? Crazy.
No they told me I was the first car in history to not make it on their rack... I dont know how though because even though they have an in ground rack there are steel rails that come up 4" high and my subframe wouldn't have it

#6 ·
Neubauers in Ellicott City is your place. They have a ground level aka drive on alignment rack. Chuck (the tech) has been aligning my lowered (now bagged) B6 for the past 6 years w/o issue. I really can't recommend them enough.

Here's a pic of my car from a couple weeks ago on the rack in question:

Call to make an appt and you won't be disappointed!

#9 ·
Got to RRT. Road race technologies. They're in Dulles and literally specialize in the e36 ///M3. They do other BMWs and other makes but their specialty is e36 race cars. They are the place to go for that car. They know everything.
I will give them both a call. My issue is that even in that above picture my car is still about 3" lower that that. the sideskirts and frame rails are almost on the ground. If I use woodblocks i can easily get on any rack. BUT the problem is whats in the middle of the rack sticking up a few inches not allowing my subframe to go

#15 ·
depending on where you're located/where you're willing to drive, you should try northwest honda in owings mills. just had them do an alignment on my mk vi and, though i am not nearly as low as you are, they have an in-ground rack. i know a lot of people in the area use them for alignments because they are one of the few places locally that can accommodate stupid low. if you're interested, PM me and i'll give you the guy's contact info :) either way, GL with that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.