Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Anyway to ADD mileage to original cluster?..details inside.

08-17-2012 12:28 AM #1
      I'm just finishing up the last details on a an '01 ALH TDI engine and manual transmission swap into an '01 1.8T auto GTI. The GTI chassis had 204k on the clock when I bought it, and my TDI donor 140k...I used the TDI harness and cluster that read the true engine mileage fopr the swap and that is what leads me here. At the last state inspection, the GTI chassis was input at 200K. I was hoping to avoid a "mileage discrepancy" check mark on the title by adjusting the cluster with an additional 64k miles to match the chassis mileage. I read through the immobilizer faq's, the Ross-tech wiki and I do realize this is a tough subject, but I was hoping it could be done. If not, then mileage discrepancy title it is. Love to hear anyone's thoughts.

-Gabe

2. 08-17-2012 09:45 AM #2
      Please read the sticky "Please Read This Before Posting....." at the top of this forum.

3. 08-17-2012 01:28 PM #3
      I can help you with correcting this with a proper mile discloser statement filed.
      Jack Shapiro E.P.E. VAS>ASE Extern VST-3/1 LAB (TECH INQUIRIES ARE TO BE IN WRITING )
      7076062 NYS DMV SAE>NASTF>VW-Audi GEKO Authorized
      European Parts Emporium/Performance --- Immobilizer Solutions LLC --------
      Postadresse: 1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549 USA
      vwemporium@aol.com -845-457-9808 TEL 9AM-5PM --------TAKE CONTROL OF WHAT YOU OWN!!!!!!

Vehicles
      Jetta TDI 97 & 99.5
      08-18-2012 08:54 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel J View Post
      I'm just finishing up the last details on a an '01 ALH TDI engine and manual transmission swap into an '01 1.8T auto GTI. The GTI chassis had 204k on the clock when I bought it, and my TDI donor 140k...I used the TDI harness and cluster that read the true engine mileage fopr the swap and that is what leads me here. At the last state inspection, the GTI chassis was input at 200K. I was hoping to avoid a "mileage discrepancy" check mark on the title by adjusting the cluster with an additional 64k miles to match the chassis mileage. I read through the immobilizer faq's, the Ross-tech wiki and I do realize this is a tough subject, but I was hoping it could be done. If not, then mileage discrepancy title it is. Love to hear anyone's thoughts.

-Gabe
      Everything is possible

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Passat 2.0T
      08-18-2012 09:04 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by jetta ,97 View Post
      Everything is possible
      I also need to do this. Can someone PM me with instructions on how to do this??? Long story short (you can see my threads), I swapped my 2006 Gauge cluster for a 2010 brand new one. You're allowed to make a one time adjustment on new cluster through VCDS. I did that, but I did it in km's and mistakenly left off a digit. I need to add miles now if possible.