Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Help needed...best blu ray player without breaking bank

1. 08-17-2012 03:23 PM #1
      Heres the deal. We have had an old school DVD player for a while, and its working less and less often. Time to replace. Using Amazon.com, which blu ray player delivers the best bang for the buck? I already have a PS3, and wife and I have decided that another PS3 is not needed. (PS3 is in another room).

Any suggestions? As an FYI, this will be used with a modern receiver, modern speakers and a good TV. Im not looking for any craigslist special, and at the same time I'm not looking to spend half of a paycheck on this piece of equipment.

Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GTI, 03 Mountaineer
      08-18-2012 08:48 PM #2
      What's your price point?

Do you want to do anything with it beyond watching 2D Blu Ray discs? 3D? Ethernet or WiFi? Netflix? Amazon? Pandora? DLNA access to video files stored on your PC? Do you want the remote on an Android or iPhone app?

3. 08-21-2012 10:53 AM #3
      Panasonic is my choice for the mass-market stuff. Above that, Oppo is fantastic.

4. 08-28-2012 10:31 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by osiris View Post
      Panasonic is my choice for the mass-market stuff. Above that, Oppo is fantastic.
      Agreed, and this is based off personal experience, although the Oppo may put you over what you're looking to spend..