Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 78

    Thread: OEM Plus Asphyxiation Reflection

    1. Member VR JC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2007
      Location
      Deadmonton
      Posts
      2,133
      Vehicles
      20th on Alphards
      08-17-2012 09:36 PM #1
      No Separate thread for each set of photos, no more vulgar thread titles, but there may or may not be vulgar images to come. I bought this 20th bone stock with under 50K miles. It has been through loads of progress up until this point but I will track of additions I fee note worthy. Thanks for checking it out.

      I got the OEM stubby's on and took a few shots. I'm pretty stoked on how they came out. More low as well. Enjoy.










      http://www.flickr.com/photos/85211956@N03/

      Update: Mercedes Benz Alphards + Masontech great plates + 42DD adapters + -3 3amber shims
      Last edited by VR JC; 11-24-2012 at 02:38 PM.

    2. Member Chauncey Wellington III's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 4th, 2011
      Location
      757 VA
      Posts
      3,070
      Vehicles
      A 2005 Red Supercar
      08-17-2012 09:49 PM #2
      Love it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Twilliams83 View Post
      oh god tape measures are out
      TheGreatCatTakeover2012XWTB: Sex LightsXFree Av.

    3. Member lleiter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2011
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      294
      Vehicles
      04 DBP R32T
      08-17-2012 10:08 PM #3

    4. Member VR JC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2007
      Location
      Deadmonton
      Posts
      2,133
      Vehicles
      20th on Alphards
      08-17-2012 10:49 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Wellington III View Post
      Love it.
      Thanks, I think I'm more stoked on these photos than the stubby's themselves.

      Quote Originally Posted by lleiter View Post

    5. Member vDubDevil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 7th, 2011
      Location
      Brewster, NY
      Posts
      563
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta 1.8t RIP, 2005 GTI 1.8t
      08-17-2012 10:56 PM #5
      Loving the 4th shot

    6. Member Chris Anderson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 17th, 2012
      Location
      Fredericksburg, VA
      Posts
      3,327
      Vehicles
      bagged mk4 jetta
      08-17-2012 11:03 PM #6
      stubbies look great
      Quote Originally Posted by automan89 View Post
      Chris is a bitch. and his car isnt even low
      Instagram: @chriss_anderson

    7. Member VR JC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2007
      Location
      Deadmonton
      Posts
      2,133
      Vehicles
      20th on Alphards
      08-18-2012 12:01 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by vDubDevil View Post
      Loving the 4th shot
      Thanks homie, I was on the fence about that one.

      Quote Originally Posted by Chris Anderson View Post
      stubbies look great
      The one and only times something classified as "stubby" looks good

    8. Member
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      Salt Lake City
      Posts
      1,059
      Vehicles
      Bagged A3; JB 20th GTI
      08-18-2012 12:06 AM #8
      To each his own, but I will keep my oem mirrors

    9. Member GLIndecamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 21st, 2011
      Location
      Six One Oh
      Posts
      1,468
      Vehicles
      4 doors 6 gears
      08-18-2012 10:15 AM #9

    10. Member VR JC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2007
      Location
      Deadmonton
      Posts
      2,133
      Vehicles
      20th on Alphards
      08-18-2012 10:55 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Luck o' the Irish View Post
      To each his own, but I will keep my oem mirrors
      Just for the record, the stubby's are OEM mirrors. You are right though, to each their own.

      Quote Originally Posted by GLIndecamp View Post

    11. Member GiveEmHell's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2012
      Location
      Richmond, Virginia (West End)
      Posts
      1,186
      Vehicles
      Bagged 24v, Static '95 Golf, Stretched and Lowered 2006 ZX6R (636)
      08-18-2012 10:58 AM #11
      Makes me want a set of stubbies

    12. Member
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2012
      Location
      Salt Lake City
      Posts
      1,059
      Vehicles
      Bagged A3; JB 20th GTI
      08-18-2012 01:47 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by VR JC View Post
      Just for the record, the stubby's are OEM mirrors. You are right though, to each their own.
      Well, I will keep my large and in charge side mirrors than

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2012
      Posts
      553
      Vehicles
      2001 1.8t Jetta
      08-18-2012 03:48 PM #13
      Gorgeous interior! Beautiful car too

    14. Member ODEL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2009
      Location
      MA
      Posts
      636
      Vehicles
      03 Jetta Wagon; 94 Saturn SW2 (RIP)
      08-18-2012 03:59 PM #14
      good stuff

    15. Member VR JC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2007
      Location
      Deadmonton
      Posts
      2,133
      Vehicles
      20th on Alphards
      08-18-2012 05:29 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Luck o' the Irish View Post
      Well, I will keep my large and in charge side mirrors than


      Quote Originally Posted by CameronA View Post
      Gorgeous interior! Beautiful car too
      Thanks, sometimes I even forget that I'm driving a golf. VW is crafty like that.

      Quote Originally Posted by ODEL View Post
      good stuff
      Thank you sir

    16. Member jaysleeves's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2010
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      3,885
      Vehicles
      MK4 Jetta GLS 1.8T Uni Stage 2, 2012 Tiguan 4Motion Revo Stage 1, 91 S13 SR20DET, B3 Wagon 16V
      08-18-2012 05:55 PM #16
      nice looks good eh
      Quote Originally Posted by dangerkart View Post
      (Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)
      instagram: @jaysleeves

      Timeline: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...eeves-Timeline

    17. Senior Member Clean PG's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 9th, 2005
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      28,501
      Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      08-18-2012 05:58 PM #17
      clean as ever
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2012
      Posts
      553
      Vehicles
      2001 1.8t Jetta
      08-18-2012 06:44 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by VR JC View Post
      Thanks, sometimes I even forget that I'm driving a golf. VW is crafty like that
      It looks like a brand new car! I like the look of a mk4 over the 5&6 but that golf has such a clean new car look. Best of both worlds

    19. Member VR JC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2007
      Location
      Deadmonton
      Posts
      2,133
      Vehicles
      20th on Alphards
      08-18-2012 09:14 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by jaysleeves View Post
      nice looks good eh
      Thanks EH! we should have an igloo party maybe, drink some Molsen Canadian with maple syrup, play some hockey too........eh?

      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      clean as ever
      Thanks for the comment PG. for checking out another of my many photo dumps.

      Quote Originally Posted by CameronA View Post
      It looks like a brand new car! I like the look of a mk4 over the 5&6 but that golf has such a clean new car look. Best of both worlds
      Thanks, it feels great when people say that. It never looked like this when I got it though. Don't get me wrong, it was a clean one owner 20th, but it had it's fair share of bumps and bruises. I tried to take care of them all and then some. VW charges way to much for plastic **** for the record, I don't even want to look at all the receipts for the little pieces. With this car it was my goal to make it better than it was in 2003. From all the maintenance, little upgrades/mods, unitronic tune, glass headlight lenses, eurojet TBE, body work, wheel refinishing, and endless hours of disassembly and cleaning. I hope to think its better than it was off the lot in 2003. I don't think I will ever make this a racecar or mod the exterior too heavily, but I am definitely thinking about a shaved hatch, bay shave, and possibly bags in the future.
      Last edited by VR JC; 08-19-2012 at 12:20 AM.

    20. Member VR JC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2007
      Location
      Deadmonton
      Posts
      2,133
      Vehicles
      20th on Alphards
      08-19-2012 12:27 AM #20
      Last edited by VR JC; 09-06-2012 at 11:45 PM.

    21. Member oakdub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 27th, 2011
      Location
      Oakville, Ontario
      Posts
      8,188
      Vehicles
      99.5 flash red race car
      08-19-2012 12:30 AM #21
      where is the obligatory gf pic iv come to expect from each thread
      flickr | car | @oakdub_

    22. Member Chauncey Wellington III's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 4th, 2011
      Location
      757 VA
      Posts
      3,070
      Vehicles
      A 2005 Red Supercar
      08-19-2012 02:13 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Luck o' the Irish View Post
      To each his own, but I will keep my oem mirrors
      I could never go back to full size mirrors.
      Quote Originally Posted by Twilliams83 View Post
      oh god tape measures are out
      TheGreatCatTakeover2012XWTB: Sex LightsXFree Av.

    23. Member Ryro's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2010
      Location
      Bethlehem, PA
      Posts
      2,555
      Vehicles
      static 2002 1.8t gti
      08-19-2012 02:25 AM #23
      awesome shots and clean car, keep up the good work!
      HOOD RAT STATUS | flickr | Instagram: ryr0 | homebase610

    24. Member VR JC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2007
      Location
      Deadmonton
      Posts
      2,133
      Vehicles
      20th on Alphards
      08-19-2012 11:32 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by oakdub View Post
      where is the obligatory gf pic iv come to expect from each thread
      She was away visiting family during the little photo opp. i did. Ah, the apartment to myself
      I will get em' in on the next run. haha

      Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Wellington III View Post
      I could never go back to full size mirrors.
      Ditto, and I've only had them on for a week.

      Quote Originally Posted by Ryro View Post
      awesome shots and clean car, keep up the good work!
      Thank you sir.

    25. Member VR JC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2007
      Location
      Deadmonton
      Posts
      2,133
      Vehicles
      20th on Alphards
      08-19-2012 03:20 PM #25


      Last one from the batch I took last week. I'm retiring for a while now.

    26. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2012
      Location
      Vancouver, B.C
      Posts
      79
      Vehicles
      mk3 Golf, mk4 Jetta 1.8T, mk4 GTI 1.8T stg 2 retrofitted w/ 20th anniversary body kit & trim
      08-19-2012 03:26 PM #26

    27. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2012
      Posts
      553
      Vehicles
      2001 1.8t Jetta
      08-19-2012 04:30 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by VR JC View Post
      Thanks, it feels great when people say that. It never looked like this when I got it though. Don't get me wrong, it was a clean one owner 20th, but it had it's fair share of bumps and bruises. I tried to take care of them all and then some. VW charges way to much for plastic **** for the record, I don't even want to look at all the receipts for the little pieces. With this car it was my goal to make it better than it was in 2003. From all the maintenance, little upgrades/mods, unitronic tune, glass headlight lenses, eurojet TBE, body work, wheel refinishing, and endless hours of disassembly and cleaning. I hope to think its better than it was off the lot in 2003. I don't think I will ever make this a racecar or mod the exterior too heavily, but I am definitely thinking about a shaved hatch, bay shave, and possibly bags in the future.
      Well it's all behind you now and the finished product is stunning. I don't doubt your car is fast, but you don't buy a vw to own a race car anyways. I have to respect that you worked with your hands finishing, refinishing, and polishing instead of having someone else do it, I'm trying to get an air compressor myself so I can be like you haha. Anyways, I love your current exterior/interior as it is OEM+! Your plans sound spot on and if I had the money I would build your car

      Also, I need some of those flawless glass lenses!
      Last edited by CameronA; 08-19-2012 at 04:33 PM.

    28. Member VR JC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2007
      Location
      Deadmonton
      Posts
      2,133
      Vehicles
      20th on Alphards
      08-20-2012 10:20 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by 30secondgti View Post


      Quote Originally Posted by CameronA View Post
      Well it's all behind you now and the finished product is stunning. I don't doubt your car is fast, but you don't buy a vw to own a race car anyways. I have to respect that you worked with your hands finishing, refinishing, and polishing instead of having someone else do it, I'm trying to get an air compressor myself so I can be like you haha. Anyways, I love your current exterior/interior as it is OEM+! Your plans sound spot on and if I had the money I would build your car

      Also, I need some of those flawless glass lenses!
      Thanks. Glass lenses make a world of difference! Probably the most bang for your buck on a relatively easy exterior mod.

    29. Member Einkaufswagen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2009
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      7,355
      Vehicles
      2001 Baltic Green Jetta GLX, 2003 W8 Passat Wagon 6speed
      08-20-2012 10:49 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by VR JC View Post
      No Separate thread for each set of photos, no more vulgar thread titles, but there may or may not be vulgar images to come. From here on out, this will be my photo dump.
      I wish everyone thought like you did, new threads with one picture of some stupid change to a car we have seen 1000x followed by people sucking OP's drive shaft are starting to get a wee bit annoying.

      In other news, very nice job with the car, fuxing clean and well done not a single thing off in my opinion
      My OEM+ Builds & Timelines Einkaufswagen's Build, Einkaufswagen's W8 Timeline
      Cars Owned: 1999.5 Jetta VR6 GLS, 2000 Jetta VR6 GLX, 2001 Jetta VR6 GLX, 2001 Jetta VR6 GLX, 2004 Jetta GLI 1.8T, 2000 GTI 1.8T, 2004 Jetta GLI 1.8T, 2003 Passat Wagon W8 6Speed

      Quote Originally Posted by VRPARTY View Post
      You don't drive vws if you have never blown a tranny
      Quote Originally Posted by Passattimmy View Post
      I'm strongly considering prostituting myself so that I can get euro recaros...

    30. Member VR JC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2007
      Location
      Deadmonton
      Posts
      2,133
      Vehicles
      20th on Alphards
      08-20-2012 05:41 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Einkaufswagen View Post
      I wish everyone thought like you did, new threads with one picture of some stupid change to a car we have seen 1000x followed by people sucking OP's drive shaft are starting to get a wee bit annoying.

      In other news, very nice job with the car, fuxing clean and well done not a single thing off in my opinion
      Thank you, I really appreciate the the good feedback, and totally agree with your first statement. Even though I tend to whore a wee bit much.

    31. Member VR JC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2007
      Location
      Deadmonton
      Posts
      2,133
      Vehicles
      20th on Alphards
      08-25-2012 05:37 PM #31
      So I pick up a Tiguan conduit for my coilpack harness. I machined off a few tabs and drilled a hole for the ground wire on the valve cover. It was a bit of a fight to get it to fit correctly but with a little work it ends up being a really nice upgrade. The harness is a good 1" off the valve cover now.




    32. Member JettaGetUpandGo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2005
      Location
      Pewaukee, WI
      Posts
      9,753
      Vehicles
      2005 Jetta GLI, 2011 Xterra Pro-4X
      08-26-2012 07:43 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by VR JC View Post
      So I pick up a Tiguan conduit for my coilpack harness. I machined off a few tabs and drilled a hole for the ground wire on the valve cover. It was a bit of a fight to get it to fit correctly but with a little work it ends up being a really nice upgrade. The harness is a good 1" off the valve cover now.
      It's hard to see in this picture, but there should be no gap where the harness cover meets the coilpack connectors. There's a little ridge in the harness cover to fit over the ridge on the connectors. It was a pain in the butt to fit:

      I'm doing work. (Build Thread) | VCDS Scans / Tweaks in the Waukesha / Milwaukee area for $5 or a 12-pk of Mountain Dew

    33. Member VR JC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2007
      Location
      Deadmonton
      Posts
      2,133
      Vehicles
      20th on Alphards
      08-26-2012 08:42 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by JettaGetUpandGo View Post
      It's hard to see in this picture, but there should be no gap where the harness cover meets the coilpack connectors. There's a little ridge in the harness cover to fit over the ridge on the connectors. It was a pain in the butt to fit:
      I was aware that the conduit had the ridge to fit directly to the connector, but it's an extra
      4 pain-in-the-ass clips to unsnap when pulling the coils. I keep it like this since the main purpose was to get the harness off of the valve cover. for the input though
      Last edited by VR JC; 08-27-2012 at 12:36 AM.

    34. Member JettaGetUpandGo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2005
      Location
      Pewaukee, WI
      Posts
      9,753
      Vehicles
      2005 Jetta GLI, 2011 Xterra Pro-4X
      08-30-2012 12:49 AM #34
      The connectors can still be unplugged even with the clips over the back end of the connector. I've swapped coilpacks without having to take any part of the harness cover off. Unclip the connectors as usual and the entire harness will essentially come off the coilpacks as one unit.
      I'm doing work. (Build Thread) | VCDS Scans / Tweaks in the Waukesha / Milwaukee area for $5 or a 12-pk of Mountain Dew

    35. Member VR JC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2007
      Location
      Deadmonton
      Posts
      2,133
      Vehicles
      20th on Alphards
      09-05-2012 07:13 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by JettaGetUpandGo View Post
      The connectors can still be unplugged even with the clips over the back end of the connector. I've swapped coilpacks without having to take any part of the harness cover off. Unclip the connectors as usual and the entire harness will essentially come off the coilpacks as one unit.
      I snapped them in all the way tonight, and did a test "dis-assembly" I didn't realize that the unit could unsnap from the coilpacks so easily.

    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •