Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Rado VRT Project!?!?!?

Vehicles
      01 VW Passat 20V, 94 VW Corrado 12V
      08-18-2012 08:32 AM #1
      Ok just bought a 94 Rado and so far in love with it but it's toooooooo slowwww so I've came down to obviously makin the 12V turboed sounds logical to me, now I've came across a 3.2 stroker kit that seems like a fun little project within a project. So my question is has anyone done the stroker kit from eurospecsport.com with a garrett gt3582r? Oh and what's a good place for drivetrain upgrades? Any suggestions will help since I'm looking to do this during the winter and hopefully have it running by end of next summer

Vehicles
      New 04 pd100 Old setup 94 JTI Vrt 60-1 .58ar exh obd2 440 racefile 20psi/meth
      08-18-2012 06:27 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by VRTRado94 View Post
      Ok just bought a 94 Rado and so far in love with it but it's toooooooo slowwww so I've came down to obviously makin the 12V turboed sounds logical to me, now I've came across a 3.2 stroker kit that seems like a fun little project within a project. So my question is has anyone done the stroker kit from eurospecsport.com with a garrett gt3582r? Oh and what's a good place for drivetrain upgrades? Any suggestions will help since I'm looking to do this during the winter and hopefully have it running by end of next summer
      84mm bore is too big to be running turbo on unless you kept it very cool and low boost. Your best just to leave it stock and boost 20 pounds which is plenty enough for having some fun.

There just isnt any need for boring these engines out and turboing unless your trying for some records. Weve all seen many stock bottom ends putting out 400whp . This is all good news as those stroker kits are some big money thats better spent on a nice turbo setup.
      Coming soon 4dr pd golf on air dipped blue with hitch racks and skid. Real work horse
      Automatic cause shifting short ratio sucks