Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 14 of 14

    Thread: stage 2 unitronic

    1. 08-19-2012 10:10 PM #1
      ive been doing some reaserch on unitronics stage 2 chip. my car is already set up for the chip having a 3" neuspeed dp and catback, forge 007 dv, cold air intake and fmic. there site says it will be running 20 psi. will i need to change anything else to support this? ive heard people say they needed to change their coil packs. and will it cause damage or break any of the axles or driveshaft.
      if theres anything else i need or should have to run this let me know.
      thanks

    2. 08-20-2012 12:51 PM #2
      Can anyone help?

    3. Member Nolig23's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2005
      Location
      Stockholm, Sweden
      Posts
      3,539
      Vehicles
      pedestrian status
      08-20-2012 01:01 PM #3
      only things i changed when i went stage 2 were sparkplugs (ngk bkr7e) and yellow spring for the forge dv.

    4. Member JrJanowski's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 11th, 2011
      Location
      Plano, TX
      Posts
      3,244
      Vehicles
      05 GTI 1.8t - Sold. AP1 S2000
      08-20-2012 01:01 PM #4
      Im getting unitronic stage 2 tune september 1st and have a 3in turbo back, sri, apr r1 dv and was planning on running a fmic but i heard even with this tune it will cause a lag and you will lose psi. so fmic is actually hurting your performance and that a upgraded smic would be the best fit.

      That and i heard a turbo inlet hose is a good thing to change so i bought that, ive got brand new coil packs and i heard spark plugs need to be changed to .032 gap instead of .028 and oil switched to castrol syntec 5w40.. at least that what they told my friend with revo stage 2
      MY GTI BUILD/Instagram: JrJanowski<--Do It

    5. Member cubano717's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 6th, 2010
      Location
      York, PA
      Posts
      576
      Vehicles
      2003 silverstone gti
      08-20-2012 01:06 PM #5
      have stage II unitronic with stock coilpacks, stock spark plugs, 007 dv with yellow spring, 3" turbo back and stock side mount intercooler, runs awesome

    6. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,576
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      08-20-2012 02:41 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by autoc-o1 View Post
      ive been doing some reaserch on unitronics stage 2 chip. my car is already set up for the chip having a 3" neuspeed dp and catback, forge 007 dv, cold air intake and fmic. there site says it will be running 20 psi. will i need to change anything else to support this? ive heard people say they needed to change their coil packs. and will it cause damage or break any of the axles or driveshaft.
      if theres anything else i need or should have to run this let me know.
      thanks
      you dont need to change anything but your spark plugs to ngk bkr7e. yo might need a stiffer dv spring as well, but prob not with the 007.

      Quote Originally Posted by Nolig23 View Post
      only things i changed when i went stage 2 were sparkplugs (ngk bkr7e) and yellow spring for the forge dv.


      Quote Originally Posted by Jrx45x View Post
      Im getting unitronic stage 2 tune september 1st and have a 3in turbo back, sri, apr r1 dv and was planning on running a fmic but i heard even with this tune it will cause a lag and you will lose psi. so fmic is actually hurting your performance and that a upgraded smic would be the best fit.

      That and i heard a turbo inlet hose is a good thing to change so i bought that, ive got brand new coil packs and i heard spark plugs need to be changed to .032 gap instead of .028 and oil switched to castrol syntec 5w40.. at least that what they told my friend with revo stage 2
      you lose psi if you put a giant fmic meant for a big turbo car on your tiny k03. geta properly sized fmic kit and you will not have to worrk about it. i saw 0 pressure loss like many others
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    7. Member JrJanowski's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 11th, 2011
      Location
      Plano, TX
      Posts
      3,244
      Vehicles
      05 GTI 1.8t - Sold. AP1 S2000
      08-20-2012 03:07 PM #7
      whats a good fmic?
      MY GTI BUILD/Instagram: JrJanowski<--Do It

    8. Member mKsTurbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 26th, 2009
      Location
      Montreal
      Posts
      200
      Vehicles
      VW Turbo
      08-20-2012 04:12 PM #8
      been running stage 2+ uni for the passed 2 years with a k04 .. had zero problems with it and only thing i changed was a inlet pipe and thats bout it ( i have a 3 TBE - TT injecs - TT exah mani - 3 CAI - FMIC - Forge DV )
      Static:Society

      *K04 on Board*

    9. Member JrJanowski's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 11th, 2011
      Location
      Plano, TX
      Posts
      3,244
      Vehicles
      05 GTI 1.8t - Sold. AP1 S2000
      08-20-2012 04:36 PM #9
      is it really essential that i get ngk bkr7e plugs since im going unitronic stage 2? I will purchase them now if its actually beneficial but i replaced my plugs about 8 months ago
      MY GTI BUILD/Instagram: JrJanowski<--Do It

    10. 08-20-2012 06:23 PM #10
      I recently bought denso iridium plugs. Would those be fine?

    11. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,576
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      08-20-2012 07:36 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Jrx45x View Post
      is it really essential that i get ngk bkr7e plugs since im going unitronic stage 2? I will purchase them now if its actually beneficial but i replaced my plugs about 8 months ago
      it's the recommeded heat range for chipped cars. .028" gap. look in the FAQ in the 1.8t engine forum for spark plug info. I get my sets from advance autoparts for 8.24 a set, they are cheap i ran them on stock turbo and run them on big turbo, never had a problem
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    12. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,576
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      08-20-2012 07:38 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Jrx45x View Post
      whats a good fmic?
      there are tons of good ones. eurojet, cts, pwrhaus, eurosport, etc. mine is custom tho, and cost way less than all of those
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    13. 09-04-2012 06:27 PM #13
      will the stage 2 chip cause my turbo more stress/shorter life span?

    14. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,576
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      09-04-2012 06:32 PM #14
      ^^^ lol, just get the chip that or stop asking silly questions and read the FAQ
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •