Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: School me on "Inline Filler Necks"

Vehicles
      Some Weird Blue Wookie Car
      08-20-2012 02:13 AM #1
      Like the title says, I'd like to run a inline filler neck. I've done my research about them, but I'd like to get more opinions about them through experiences you guys have had with them. My questions are...

• Are inline filler necks safe to daily a car with?
      • Is there a certain PSI cap that is a must have, in order for the inline fillers to work correctly?
      • Is a recirculating overflow tank necessary to run?

I've been working on cleaning up my engine bay, and this is my next step in doing so. I'd really like to get rid of the coolant bubble. But I don't want to have constant problems with overheating. I know there are many of you guys that are running them, and daily the car. Just want to get as much information. And what to do, and not to do when running these things. Now, lets discuss
      Dublounge.

Vehicles
      06 Passat, 01 Cabrio, Eco boost F-150
      08-22-2012 05:55 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisVWkitch View Post
      Like the title says, I'd like to run a inline filler neck. I've done my research about them, but I'd like to get more opinions about them through experiences you guys have had with them. My questions are...

• Are inline filler necks safe to daily a car with?
      • Is there a certain PSI cap that is a must have, in order for the inline fillers to work correctly?
      • Is a recirculating overflow tank necessary to run?

I've been working on cleaning up my engine bay, and this is my next step in doing so. I'd really like to get rid of the coolant bubble. But I don't want to have constant problems with overheating. I know there are many of you guys that are running them, and daily the car. Just want to get as much information. And what to do, and not to do when running these things. Now, lets discuss
      safe? yes. 'merican cars have been running them for ages.
      psi? 19-21
      recirc? i'd say yes. some say no. if you plan on leaving the engine stock and changing little else except deleting the death-star, you should be ok. if you're going for more power, i'd say some kind of recirc'd overflow/reservoir is a good idea. no recirc also makes bleeding the system for bubbles extremely difficult. a Lisle no-spill funnel is a necessity. (amazon.com)

i'm borrowing a friend's computer at work, so if you have more questions, hit me up on my screen name.

dr. b