Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Quick question regarding a pressure switch

Vehicles
      2 MK6's. One with switches
      08-20-2012 10:27 AM #1
      I was looking over a buddy of mines trunk a few days ago, and noticed he has his pressure switch at the bottom of his tank. It has a reducer fitting, then elbow and then the pressure switch. I was a little concerned about if that was ok.

So my question is, having a pressure switch there fine or should it be moved?

Thanks in advance
      BAG RIDERS

Vehicles
      MKV GTI
      08-20-2012 10:58 AM #2
      You can mount a pressure switch pretty anywhere before the actual valves or valve block. As long as it's reading pressure from the tank itself, then it's fine. That's all it's doing is turning on and off the compressor based on tank pressure.

The only thing I can think that would cause a problem with putting on the bottom of the tank is the moisture from the tank getting into it and causing it to fail prematurely.

Vehicles
      2 MK6's. One with switches
      08-20-2012 07:56 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by darcness View Post
      The only thing I can think that would cause a problem with putting on the bottom of the tank is the moisture from the tank getting into it and causing it to fail prematurely.
      Thats what I was wondering. He has had it on for a little over a year and hasn't had any issue, I was just curious as to if it could become a problem in the future.
      BAG RIDERS

Vehicles
      CC with broken suspension.
      08-21-2012 05:03 PM #4
      I wouldnt personally run it on the bottom of the tank, even though it hasnt failed yet its probably going to because of it eventually. What i like to use is a 3/8PTCx1/8NPT digital gauge T and just run it somewhere between the tank and valves. this allows you to keep it hidden off the tank, and still upright so you dont need to worry about the moisture

5. Banner Advertiser Will@BagRiders's Avatar
      Vehicles
      335i
      08-21-2012 05:59 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by blue bags View Post
      I wouldnt personally run it on the bottom of the tank, even though it hasnt failed yet its probably going to because of it eventually. What i like to use is a 3/8PTCx1/8NPT digital gauge T and just run it somewhere between the tank and valves. this allows you to keep it hidden off the tank, and still upright so you dont need to worry about the moisture
      Good call. One of these would do the trick.
      - Call us at: 844 . 404 . 7344 - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com - - // - - We're open: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 Eastern -