Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Forge DV and Forge Adapter

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.0T DSG
      08-20-2012 05:08 PM #1
      I just got a Forge Diverter Valve for my car about a week ago, and I was wondering if:

I am able to get the Forge Blow Off Valve Adapter and install while still having the Forge Diverter Valve in place?

Looking at this site: http://uspmotorsports.com/product_in...roducts_id=205

If you see picture it looks like they have the Adapter on, but just wanted to ask you guys as well..

Also, if I am able to, will I loose any performance that the Forge DV gave me in the first place? And will I get increased noise like pssshhh again?

Thanks!

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '09 GLI
      08-20-2012 09:16 PM #2
      That picture is the Diverter Valve that has the atmospheric spacer incorporated already into it. I have that type in my car now and it is loud. If you already have the Forge Diverter valve without the spacer you can buy it separate. It will also make the blow off sound. I have not noticed any performance issues with the spacer.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      08 Passat wagon 2.0T 6MT (current). Past: 02 Golf TDI, Dark Beige 88.5 Camry V6 5MT, AE82 Corolla
      08-20-2012 09:21 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Pducci View Post
      That picture is the Diverter Valve that has the atmospheric spacer incorporated already into it. I have that type in my car now and it is loud. If you already have the Forge Diverter valve without the spacer you can buy it separate. It will also make the blow off sound. I have not noticed any performance issues with the spacer.

That pic on USP's site has the BOV spacer on it. Note the thickness of the spacer plus flange.

Forge BOV

Forge DV

Forge DV+spacer
      2008 Passat wagon, 2.0T 6MT with mods
      Other Rides:
      - 2013 Cannondale CAADX-6
      - 2010 Specialized Secteur Elite
      - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29-er

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '09 GLI
      08-20-2012 09:52 PM #4
      he's right I wasn't looking that close. I have the one in the first picture. The Forge Bov. I spoke to the Forge Reps at waterfest and they told me that all setups have the same performance just the Bov one that I have is louder than the Diverter Valve and then the spacer purchased separately.

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.0T DSG
      08-20-2012 09:54 PM #5
      Ya i have the Forge diverter valve, i was wondering if i buy the spacer would i be able to add it with my forge dv as well.

I heard some ppl say no to this and some say yes, the pictures show that i can.. And you are saying your are running it. I am ordering this tomorrow then.
      Quote Originally Posted by boradie sucht View Post
      what good does searching do anymore? say in 2 years when new people come on and have questions and decide to search first. and then this thread pops up, when its all idiots like you telling him to search.
      whats the point of that, either contribute or STFU

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '09 GLI
      08-20-2012 10:00 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by bgalex View Post
      Ya i have the Forge diverter valve, i was wondering if i buy the spacer would i be able to add it with my forge dv as well.

I heard some ppl say no to this and some say yes, the pictures show that i can.. And you are saying your are running it. I am ordering this tomorrow then.
      If you have the Forge Diverter valve like the second picture Yes! You just have to buy the Forge Spacer. It will come with 3 longer bolts. You don't lose any performance. The only thing the spacer does is give you the noise.

Vehicles
      08 Jetta 2.0T DSG
      08-20-2012 10:28 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Pducci View Post
      If you have the Forge Diverter valve like the second picture Yes! You just have to buy the Forge Spacer. It will come with 3 longer bolts. You don't lose any performance. The only thing the spacer does is give you the noise.
      Oksounds good, thanks man
      Quote Originally Posted by boradie sucht View Post
      what good does searching do anymore? say in 2 years when new people come on and have questions and decide to search first. and then this thread pops up, when its all idiots like you telling him to search.
      whats the point of that, either contribute or STFU