Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HPA Motorsports Liquid Cooled 20th Anniversary Edition Turbo Kit

1. 08-20-2012 07:34 PM #1

3.2 24v VR6 Applications - VW R32, Audi TT, Audi A3

Our 20th Edition Turbo Kit is a culmination of all our technical experiences, from a decade of tuning the narrow angled VR6, and offers a stop and go daily commuter that will transform every driving experience into an absolute thrill ride with no compromises.

More than just a turbo “kit”, the 20th Edition Single Turbo System is engineered to exact specifications for each application and includes absolutely everything needed for your technician to install.

Hardware

• Our Integrated Liquid Cooled Cast Intake Manifold is an all-in-one design-specific solution that takes the workload off the turbo, lowering EGT’s and affording more ignition in the software maps yielding best in market throttle response and performance. In daily stop-and-go, no other after cooling solution is as effective as the air-to-water in generating a cool and steady intake temp.

• HPA Velocity-Tuned Exhaust Manifolds are cast from the highest quality materials. Our manifolds retain the critical orientation and placement of the engine’s oxygen sensors to ensure correct fuel calibrations and DSG-to-engine communications. Our exhaust manifolds will deliver instant throttle response while insulating and dispersing generated heat.

• Our kits also include custom compressor housings with integrated recirculation valves, and custom exhaust housings with integrated wastegates, which optimize turbine spool up during tip in throttle and maximize exhaust flow.

Custom stainless heat shields direct the flow of heat down the firewall into the safe suction zone reducing under-hood air temps and ensuring peripheral hardware is not subject to heat stress.

Performance engine software ensures OEM-like daily drivability is retained, while adaptive calibrations adjust ignition and fuel maps for ambient temperature, octane, and load changes.

Output

390+ HP Crank
      390+ Ft/Lbs. TQ
      1.1Bar / 92 US Octane
      OEM Exhaust

An a-la-carte upgrade is offered for the turbo package to potentially realize a staggering 475+HP and 500+ ft lbs/TQ (Crank).

The upgrade includes:

• High flow 100C Cat Cores
      • Inline Fuel pump
      • Race Grade Connecting rod bearings
      • Large MAF
      • 750ml high flow fuel injectors
      • Performance ECU upgrade

For maximum HP configurations, specific applications may require parallel fuel systems, custom 88mm exhaust, or Stage 3+ DSG clutches/software.

Reviews

Mk5 R32 Turbo Kit Review

Mk4 R32 Turbo Kit Review

Build Threads

Mk4 R32

Vortex ID: .:R Wagon

Mk5 R32

Vortex ID: Mike@LindenVW

TT (Mk2)

Vortex ID: Sentari

Pricing

Mk4 based kitStarting from US$9999.00

Applications: Mk4 VW R32, Mk1 Audi TT

Mk5 based kitStarting from US$10999.00

Applications: Mk5 VW R32, Mk2 Audi TT, Audi A3 (8P)

Interested in having the professionals at HPA install your kit?

Contact us to schedule an installation appointment and transport rates to our shop facility.

Installing the kit yourself or at your trusted local tuning shop?

Competitive shipping rates are available in the US and Canada. International freight quotes also available upon request.

Feel free to contact HPA at 604.598.8520 or at sales@hpamotorsport.com with any questions regarding our forced induction offerings. Detailed quotes for your specific application are available upon request.

2. 08-20-2012 10:23 PM #2
      It blows my mind that you guys don't make anything for the majority of the TT market (1.8t). Your stuff seems pretty cool, but I doubt I'll ever see any of it in person. I think I know... 2(?) V6 owners.. You guys really need to make an offering for the 1.8T. Watching you guys advertise cool parts for 1% of the TT crowd is frustrating.
      Last edited by warranty225cpe; 08-20-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT 225hp, 2003 Audi TT 180hp
      08-20-2012 10:32 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by warranty225cpe View Post
      It blows my mind that you guys don't make anything for the majority of the TT market (1.8t). Your stuff seems pretty cool, but I doubt I'll ever see any of it in person. I think I know... 2(?) V6 owners.. You guys really need to make an offering for the 1.8T. Watching you guys advertise cool parts for 1% of the TT crowd is frustrating.
      x2
      nuff said
      2001 225Q (Function Car): APR Stage 3+, APR 3' Exhaust System, Brembo Brakes, Koni Suspension
      2003 180 (Form Car): Rokkor Coilovers,Custom Front Single Frame Bumper with A8 Grill Votex Sideskirts, Votex Rearlip, Axis Penta 19' Wheels, 2 Rockford Fosgate 15' Subwoofers

Vehicles
      audi tt gt3076r 01 aston martin db7 04 land rover disco 99rolls royce seraph
      08-21-2012 09:06 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Mantvis View Post
      x2
      nuff said
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...t-done-I-guess
      ^^^Big Turbo build lots of pics^^^
      Best shop for repair and custom workin ma
      http://www.wentworthmotorsports.com/

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi TT
      08-21-2012 09:34 AM #5

6. 08-21-2012 01:47 PM #6
      It blows my mind that you guys don't make anything for the majority of the TT market (1.8t).
      We appreciate the feedback. As the 1.8T (and 3.2 VR6 for that matter) are no longer in production, we are always looking ahead to development in other engines/platforms.

Our launch in 2012 into the 2.0T market has expanded our customer potential significantly.

We will see what the future holds...

7. 08-21-2012 03:06 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by VAD@HPA View Post
      We appreciate the feedback. As the 1.8T (and 3.2 VR6 for that matter) are no longer in production, we are always looking ahead to development in other engines/platforms.

Our launch in 2012 into the 2.0T market has expanded our customer potential significantly.

How about you guys share the wealth and build one of those kick ass intake manifolds for the 1.8?

Vehicles
      08-21-2012 03:37 PM #8

Your not looking to expand your customers more? there is significant anount of 1.8t drivers. TTs, GTIs, Jettas...
      2001 225Q (Function Car): APR Stage 3+, APR 3' Exhaust System, Brembo Brakes, Koni Suspension
      2003 180 (Form Car): Rokkor Coilovers,Custom Front Single Frame Bumper with A8 Grill Votex Sideskirts, Votex Rearlip, Axis Penta 19' Wheels, 2 Rockford Fosgate 15' Subwoofers

9. 08-21-2012 07:07 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Mantvis View Post
      Your not looking to expand your customers more? there is significant anount of 1.8t drivers. TTs, GTIs, Jettas...
      Exactly.. NOBODY makes a "liquid cooled" intake mani for the 1.8T. That thing would be a HUGE seller (if it were done correctly). I really don't see the logic behind avoiding the majority of the market. TBH it's kind of insulting. This is the second time you guys have posted a similar thread, and gotten the same response

I like what I see. Let's see what you guys can do with tthe most common motor VW/Audi has on the road.

Vehicles
      08-21-2012 08:22 PM #10
      Exactly.. NOBODY makes a "liquid cooled" intake mani for the 1.8T. That thing would be a HUGE seller (if it were done correctly).
      Thats all that had to be said.
      And i bet HPA can do it better than correcty
      Last edited by Mantvis; 08-21-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Vehicles
      2003 TTq coupe, 2001 Forester L
      08-21-2012 09:02 PM #11

Since the only 2.0Ts are stroker 1.8s, since the 3.2 is a tiny part of our car's numbers, and since you are basically saying that you only want to make money off new stuff, stop wasting your time posting in this forum. I'll talk to Arnold, Issam, Pete, or Doug about 1.8T parts (or 3.2 stuff), since they are all still advancing and innovating for our "dead" engines. Thanks for playing
      Audi TT mk1 FAQ zero Porsche wheels given

Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      TCL 1991 edition - Can't afford a CRX, what would TCL do: Hyundai Scoupe vs. Toyota Paseo vs. Geo Storm

12. Banner Advertiser Sales@HPAmotorsports's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Fast VW's.
      08-22-2012 01:01 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      Since the only 2.0Ts are stroker 1.8s, since the 3.2 is a tiny part of our car's numbers, and since you are basically saying that you only want to make money off new stuff, stop wasting your time posting in this forum. I'll talk to Arnold, Issam, Pete, or Doug about 1.8T parts (or 3.2 stuff), since they are all still advancing and innovating for our "dead" engines. Thanks for playing
      Thanks for the bump.

I'm glad you know a bunch of people on a first name basis, they should be able to help you with well established 1.8T products.

We have built a few VR Gen 1 TT's, one of them is probably our most famous build.

Keir Parsons
      T: 604-598-8520 x103 E: sales@hpamotorsport.com
      HPA Motorsports
      Click here to join us on Facebook!
      Celebrating 20 years of tuning VW's

13. 08-22-2012 01:13 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Sales@HPAmotorsports View Post
      Thanks for the bump.
      I'm glad you know a bunch of people on a first name basis, they should be able to help you with well established 1.8T products.
      Wow, sounds a little butt hurt. I guess HPA gets added to the list of people I won't do business with.
      So much for developing business relationships hu?

You guys get an F for missing the point. And a D- for your dickery towards the 1.8 scene.

14. Banner Advertiser Sales@HPAmotorsports's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Fast VW's.
      08-22-2012 01:34 PM #14
      Wow, sounds a little butt hurt. I guess HPA gets added to the list of people I won't do business with.
      So much for developing business relationships hu?

You guys get an F for missing the point. And a D- for your dickery towards the 1.8 scene.
      Wasn't trying to insult, however as this product does not apply to you, why not start a thread titled " HPA Please make some stuff for 1.8T's "

Currently we have quite a few things to help you out.

Haldex Competition controller.

Motor Mount.

Side Mount intercooler Upgrades:

And of course a full line of Suspension products.

This thread was to showcase our Turbo kit, which just because its not for your TT does not mean its not applicable to someone looking for one.
      Keir Parsons
      HPA Motorsports

Vehicles
      Mk1 TT | 2.0T | PTE-5857 | E85 & 03' GTI 24v
      08-22-2012 02:11 PM #15
      Really man... 2.0T is a stroked 1.8T ? Please check your facts!

Yes HPA is right- our 1.8T platform is dead to a large company. They are not about to dump tons of money into design and testing a product for a motor that is over 14 years old & no longer produced. On top of that most parts VW & TT people are buying are ebay parts and a lot of the time they work at a fraction of the cost. Look at half the threads on this forum - they say "what is the cheapest way to do this?".

You're naming single man operations (FrankenTurbo Doug, PagParts Arnold, Issam) with the exception being IE who is filling the gaps of where the 1.8T community never made it to. Billet accessories, cams, and other minor accessories. Doug filled a gap as well in the turbo market by developing a decent & balanced (lag vs. power) bolt on upgrade. I don't know of any innovations that Arnold and Issam have done. The last 1.8T item Issam did was the Throttle body comparison program in like 2010... to my knowledge.
      Last edited by Doooglasss; 08-22-2012 at 02:15 PM.
      -Doug

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2002 Audi TT Quattro LMNS Edition , 2004 R32 4motion DSG
      08-22-2012 07:43 PM #17
      @Sales@HPAmotorsports : I did purchase Haldex Competition controller. and TBH its the @nd best thing after ECU REmap .....

come on modify this piece-of-art water cooled manifold of urs to our dear 1.8T
      Reading>posting .

Vehicles
      08-22-2012 07:59 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by Sales@HPAmotorsports View Post
      Wasn't trying to insult, however as this product does not apply to you, why not start a thread titled " HPA Please make some stuff for 1.8T's "

Currently we have quite a few things to help you out.

Haldex Competition controller.
      Motor Mount.
      Side Mount intercooler Upgrades:
      And of course a full line of Suspension products.

This thread was to showcase our Turbo kit, which just because its not for your TT does not mean its not applicable to someone looking for one.
      Quite a few? did you mean to say few?

Vehicles
      2003 TTq coupe, 2001 Forester L
      08-23-2012 12:27 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by DougLoBue View Post
      Really man... 2.0T is a stroked 1.8T ? Please check your facts!

FSI crank + 83mm bore equals 2008cc, I wasn't talking about the DI motors, I was being sarcastic

Yes HPA is right- our 1.8T platform is dead to a large company. They are not about to dump tons of money into design and testing a product for a motor that is over 14 years old & no longer produced. On top of that most parts VW & TT people are buying are ebay parts and a lot of the time they work at a fraction of the cost. Look at half the threads on this forum - they say "what is the cheapest way to do this?".

Try to find a lot of quattro parts on eBay. The few that do exist suck, but 95% of 1.8T parts are for the FWD platform. This kit will work for three years' worth of TTs, but was essentially a copy-and-paste job from the R32 forum. That engine is also dead and old, but still gets their love

You're naming single man operations (FrankenTurbo Doug, PagParts Arnold, Issam) with the exception being IE who is filling the gaps of where the 1.8T community never made it to. Billet accessories, cams, and other minor accessories. Doug filled a gap as well in the turbo market by developing a decent & balanced (lag vs. power) bolt on upgrade. I don't know of any innovations that Arnold and Issam have done. The last 1.8T item Issam did was the Throttle body comparison program in like 2010... to my knowledge.

Do Arnold's SS manifolds not count? He is on his 3rd or 4th major version of 058/06A turbo kits. Issam knows A LOT and still will contribute whenever possible, show me all of HPA's tech threads and DIYs. You're helping my argument, if a single person (or a few) can do it, why can't HPA? Hell, even ForceFed has done a lot more, such as twin cam gears, or your engine, and I didn't even mention Ed
      Not trying to be a jerk, just pointing out that HPA is missing a big market by pretending it doesn't matter...
      Audi TT mk1 FAQ zero Porsche wheels given

Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      TCL 1991 edition - Can't afford a CRX, what would TCL do: Hyundai Scoupe vs. Toyota Paseo vs. Geo Storm

Vehicles
      Mk1 TT | 2.0T | PTE-5857 | E85 & 03' GTI 24v
      08-23-2012 12:04 PM #20
      Not trying to be a jerk, just pointing out that HPA is missing a big market by pretending it doesn't matter...
      Not a jerk at all!

I'm just looking at this from the companies perspective. I don't believe it's a wise business choice for a large company to invest R&D money/time in a market that is only decreasing- enthusiasts for the 1.8T have reached their peak and are now declining as people sell cars, blow them up or otherwise. 2.0T/2.5TT RS is just beginning- new cars will be sold & new enthusiasts will eventually acquire them.
      -Doug

20. 08-23-2012 01:05 PM #21
      I'm just looking at this from the companies perspective. I don't believe it's a wise business choice for a large company to invest R&D money/time in a market that is only decreasing- enthusiasts for the 1.8T have reached their peak and are now declining as people sell cars, blow them up or otherwise. 2.0T/2.5TT RS is just beginning- new cars will be sold & new enthusiasts will eventually acquire them.
      well said

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      08-23-2012 02:38 PM #22
      Darryl,
      Sorry for the thread interjection.
      I don't know of any innovations that Arnold and Issam have done. The last 1.8T item Issam did was the Throttle body comparison program in like 2010... to my knowledge.
      Not sure what you define as innovative but using your logic then no one in this industry IS. Every vendor in this scene that produces a "billet part" has directly or indirectly copied it from another "single man" operation (by the way I cant speak for Doug or Arnold but INA isn't a single man operation and has not been one for some time) and marketed the piss out of it. Not everything we (INA) do reaches the forums but feel free to spend some time on the facebook page Doug.
      http://www.facebook.com/INAEngineering/photos?ref=ts

INA dry sump kits (1 product in particular) can be found on race winning cars around the globe....that to me speaks volumes.
      Exactly.. NOBODY makes a "liquid cooled" intake mani for the 1.8T. That thing would be a HUGE seller (if it were done correctly).
      You need to make at minimum 150 castings to "break even" if you have to price it under $800 USD. It would be a business decision that would be purely based on lust and not logic.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

22. 08-31-2012 02:50 PM #23
      Affordable shipping options on all turbo kits...e-mail or IM for a quote to your destination...

23. 09-13-2012 07:15 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by tcardio View Post
      just listen to Sentari's exhaust note. so addicting

24. 09-25-2012 03:12 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by Arizman3 View Post
      ...Just saw an R at HPA last week that had just been dropped off for a 20th install. Popular kit, good choice...

25. 10-18-2012 09:08 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by sentari View Post
      The Nur Technik built HPA 3.2T FT-500 sound...

26. 10-19-2012 07:30 PM #27
      Mk4 R32 Liquid Cooled Turbo Kit just installed at HPA...

27. Banner Advertiser Sales@HPAmotorsports's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Fast VW's.
      10-20-2012 02:22 PM #28
      Keir Parsons
      HPA Motorsports

28. Banner Advertiser Sales@HPAmotorsports's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Fast VW's.
      11-02-2012 03:36 PM #29
      Yet another R32 500 hp kit complete, this time full meal deal with brakes, suspension Haldex.

This thing is a BEAST.

I wasn't able to capture our last big exhaust, so here it is, sounds great, looks great and best of all performs great!

Keir Parsons
      HPA Motorsports

Vehicles
      2008 Audi TT 3.2 VR6 Turbo/DSG and 2008 Audi A4 Cab 2.0
      11-03-2012 01:28 AM #30
      You call them brakes? Nice wheels though.. Ha... Me next please!
      Sentari,
      2008 Audi TT 3.2 (HPA FT500 Turbo): Build: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ts-Turbo-Build
      2008 Audi A4 2.0T Cab (Hi-Flow Cat and APR Tune!)
      2011 Audi Q5 2.0T

30. 12-05-2012 08:36 PM #31
      Another turbo kit build completed a couple of weeks back...Mk2 TT Roadster with the works!

31. 12-18-2012 08:09 PM #32
      As part of our ongoing Holiday Promotion:

12.19.2012 Daily Deal

E-mail HPA directly if interested

32. 01-10-2013 07:18 PM #33
      As you may recall, in 2011, we planned to integrate the new Borg Warner Single Scroll EFR 76/70 into our 20th Anniversary single turbo package but supply issues from the manufacturer prevented this turbocharger from ever making it to market.

After meeting with the engineers from Borg Warner at SEMA, we learned that this turbo is finally hitting the street and late in 2012, we received our first delivery!

The main reason for the shift in turbo manufacturers is the advantages in Borg Warner's Gamma-Ti turbine wheels and dual ceramic ball bearing design. This new turbine rotor has extremely low inertia; requiring less time for the turbo to spool up. Combining the EFR's breakthrough in turbo responsiveness with HPA's proven integrated air to water intake manifold will generate the most durable, responsive and expandable turbo kit yet.

This new hardware will be at the heart of our 2013 single turbo production...

E-mail, call, or IM HPA for more information.

33. 01-29-2013 03:13 AM #34
      An a-la-carte upgrade is offered for the turbo package to potentially realize a staggering 475+HP and 500+ ft lbs/TQ (Crank).

The upgrade includes:

• High flow 100C Cat Cores
      • Inline Fuel pump
      • Race Grade Connecting rod bearings
      • Large MAF
      • 750ml high flow fuel injectors
      • Performance ECU upgrade

IM or e-mail HPA for details...

34. 02-13-2013 02:57 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike@LindenVW View Post

Engine / Performance Mods
      HPA 20th Turbo Kit