Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2000 jetta, interior accent lights dont work

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2000 jetta vr6, 1996 golf
      08-20-2012 07:27 PM #1
      i recently bought a 2000 jetta i didnt seem to notice at first but the accent lights dont work ( window switches, door locks a/c ect.) i checked the fuses and they were all good but i noticed that the #3 fuse didnt have power to either side of the contacts. the gauges still light up but are not effected by the dimmer switch at all. the drivers door switches occasionally have some problems so i thought that theyre maybe a short with that so i replaced it and still have nothing with the lights as well as the same problems with the switches. all i think the problem could be is maybe a short somewhere or possibly the comfort control module. any ideas ?
      thanks

2. n00b
      Vehicles
      2000 Jetta VR6
      04-20-2014 10:21 PM #2
      I realize this is an older post, but was the problem ever resolved? I'm having the exact same problem...checked all the fuses, new dimmer switch, headlight switch, even the 53 foglight relay, nothing works...I really need help here. I'm getting 12 volts to the dimmer switch as well, and a variable output so I know it's working. Thanks

3. n00b
      Vehicles
      2000 Jetta VR6
      04-20-2014 10:49 PM #3
      Sooo...tried one last thing and it worked...I pulled out the bulb in the HVAC control and everything started working (except the HVAC control of course) turns out the contacts for the bulb were mangled up and shorting each other out...I just find it weird that it wasn't blowing any fuses, but was shorted...