Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racecars + Hipsters = TCL Explodes?

1. 08-21-2012 01:03 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      From the article.
      Yea I wonder how long something like this can last. In today's day in age $85,000 does not go a long way especially if those Grants have a specific purpose which they might not.

Either way unless he has a solid project that creates a product or service that will appeal to a mass he is going to have a tough time keeping this business afloat without some other type of funding....especially in a shop where you need expensive equipment.

It said in the article something about building race motors I'm sorry but you ain't doing that with a drill press from sears but I am sure he is well aware of that.

Interesting to see how this thing ends up.

Also I would love for NYC to have a road course......

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 DB GTI DSG 2 Door
      08-21-2012 02:12 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      From the article.

$85k cannot possibly cover that much cost for a place in NYC...on top of the stuff you need to buy for an engine shop...

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      08-21-2012 02:22 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
      $85k cannot possibly cover that much cost for a place in NYC...on top of the stuff you need to buy for an engine shop...
      It's enough to get started. I'm not saying the dude is going to become the premier racing shop in the Northeast, but there's a growing initiative to get more and more businesses and jobs back into NYC and NYS.
      No Signature. Only Krav Khalash.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      car less
      08-21-2012 02:37 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
      First you need to invest it in cocaine... ask this fella...

His money came from the Irish IIRC.

If you're a "system" bank you can turn it into about $850k with a finger snap claiming future interest profits without actually earning them. But you'd need some kind of piece of paper and a fancy office to indicate that you are in fact a systemic banker.

The bonus might just be a gift to make sure he doesn't go somewhere else with his private funds. If I were Mr. Government I'd demand some job securities in return.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      RWD Swedish Rectangle with 5spd transmission
      08-21-2012 05:34 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by VikingVR6GTI View Post
      You would think if they were going to hold a press conference for this, they could clean up the graffiti in the background for the photo ops.
      They would have to clean off the graffiti hours before the shoot. Clean walls don't last long in Brooklyn. Especially industrial type buildings. They'd be smart to pay a few local talents to mural their walls first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12