Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: HELP! CEL, Rough Idle, Vacuum Leak? PCV Valve replacment?

Vehicles
      MkIII Jetta TREK, MKV Jetta S
      08-22-2012 12:29 AM #1
      Gonna keep it short and sweet. I have a 2008 Jetta S 2.5 (obviously lol) with 82k miles
      It gives me the Check engine light (Which goes on and off but usually stays on)
      Also I have been getting a rough idle, sometimes it does shut off.

I took it in for a regular oil change and the 75k tune up and the dealer told me it has a Vacuum Leak
      I take it in today and they want to charge me 1000+ to fix that!!! Other local shops were charging me about 500 less but still. There is no oil leak, my breaks feel normal, not too stiff, not too spongy/weak.

Me and my dad have been looking all over the forums to try and find a way to get this fixed! Is there any way to get this issue solved?!

I appreciate all your comments in advance!

Vehicles
      MkIII Jetta TREK, MKV Jetta S
      08-22-2012 12:33 AM #2
      I found this post earlier and thought this might solve my issue.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ght=car+shakes

3. 08-22-2012 03:36 PM #3
      Does the car feel like it has less power. That's usually a good indicator of a vacuum leak. Can you get the CEL code from the dealer? They must have scanned it to know that there is a vacuum leak.

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC/ 90 Corrado 16VT
      08-23-2012 09:48 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by tvvin View Post
      Gonna keep it short and sweet. I have a 2008 Jetta S 2.5 (obviously lol) with 82k miles
      It gives me the Check engine light (Which goes on and off but usually stays on)
      Also I have been getting a rough idle, sometimes it does shut off.

I took it in for a regular oil change and the 75k tune up and the dealer told me it has a Vacuum Leak
      I take it in today and they want to charge me 1000+ to fix that!!! Other local shops were charging me about 500 less but still. There is no oil leak, my breaks feel normal, not too stiff, not too spongy/weak.

Me and my dad have been looking all over the forums to try and find a way to get this fixed! Is there any way to get this issue solved?!

I appreciate all your comments in advance!
      You may need a valve cover. This can sometimes cause a vacuum leak. You will need to either understand how to find a vacuum leak or take it to someone who can. I plan to write up and article about this once my site is up www.deutscheautoparts.com
      Coming soon www.DeutscheAutoParts.com save it in your favorites. VW and Audi parts at super discounted prices

Also Check us out here