Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: My new 2012 GLI Autobahn with NAV and DSG

1. 08-22-2012 10:24 AM #1
      Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the community. Just got my new GLI on Monday and am loving it so far. I came from a couple mustangs and due to needing four doors in the future, the GLI caught my attention. Got the GLI for 25,599 and with 0% APR for 60...it was a hard deal to pass up.

Here is the GLI

and here was my 2012 5.0

Granted there is a power difference but for everyday driving, the GLI is a little more fun. It lighters and the throttle response is a lot better. Granted a tune wouldve probably fixed that in the mustang but I have no regrets since the future holds something new and exciting.

For the GLI, I plan to do the rear view camera and add a homelink with auto dim rear view mirror. Other than that, time will tell.

If anyone is curious the mustang had Roush Axlebacks, tinted all the way around, tinted amber lights and had Eibach Pro Kit springs.

Vehicles
      2012 GLI autobahn 6mt 2011 Jetta S 2001 Jetta GLS Audi 5000
      08-22-2012 10:30 AM #2
      Congrats on the GlI and welcome to the forum.

Vehicles
      MK6 Deep Black GLI Autobahn DSG/Nav
      08-22-2012 12:03 PM #3
      Came from a 2001 Mustang to my GLI as well. Different, but in a good way. Good luck and welcome!

4. 08-22-2012 10:33 PM #4
      thanks all. Loving the car so far. trying to live by the manual and wait till 600 miles before any crazy driving...