Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Using a O2J TDI trans with a AAA VR6

1. Member
      Vehicles
      currently own 05 Passat Wagon, 1988 Cabriolet
      08-24-2012 04:50 PM #1
      Sorry if this has been answered before. I did some searching but could not find an answer.

I have a AAA VR for my Cabby. I also have a lead on a cheap/free O2J trans from a 2000 Jetta TDI. I will be able to get the shifter assembly, axles, cables and anything I need from the car.

Has anyone used this setup? Will it bolt right up? Any help/advise would be awesome...
      Working hard to show everyone that not all dealer mechanics are crooks. Most of us really care about our customers and their cars. You can read all about it on the car blog

Any thoughts I post are my own. I am not speculating on any repair VWoA is making, has made, or will make.

Vehicles
      Mk2,s Mk3's
      08-24-2012 05:03 PM #2
      4cyl trans wont bolt to the vr6 block.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      08-24-2012 05:06 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbs View Post
      4cyl trans wont bolt to the vr6 block.
      Well, that sucks!
      Working hard to show everyone that not all dealer mechanics are crooks. Most of us really care about our customers and their cars. You can read all about it on the car blog

Any thoughts I post are my own. I am not speculating on any repair VWoA is making, has made, or will make.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      Passat Wagon 1.8t, Beetle TDI, 2002 GTI 1.8T, 1999.5 GTI VR6 <- all 5 speed
      08-29-2012 12:21 PM #4
      Well the differences between the 4cyl setup and the 6cyl, is just the belhouseing, so u could still swap the new style shifter set up, as well as the tdi 5th gear from the tdi, which lowers ur revs for highway.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      08-30-2012 08:58 PM #5
      Thanks for the advice/info everyone.

I actually found a transmission! I scored a trans with a VR6 long block for $400. SWEET

6. Member
      Vehicles
      Vw's
      08-31-2012 10:35 AM #6
      I am actually in need of a Tdi trans if u could point me in the direction of the one u found.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      08-31-2012 09:28 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Dubstuning View Post
      I am actually in need of a Tdi trans if u could point me in the direction of the one u found.
      Sorry, that dude traded the trans for a TDI cylinder head.