Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 1993 Fox Sedan- For Parts or fixing. 500 Delco- PA Philadelphia Suburbs

Vehicles
      93 Fox 4dr
      08-24-2012 06:54 PM #1
      I am looking to sell my 1993 Volkswagen Fox.
      I think this will be a good parts car or possibly a car to fix for someone that knows more about Foxes then I do. This is what I know is not working properly:
      The ignition switch is bad or something with the wiring for the ignition system. I replaced the ignition switch and the car worked for a bit, then it stopped working. I drilled the small hole in the column and replaced the ignition but the car would not stay running, than wouldn’t run at all. So next I looked at the wiring for the ignition and made a series of switches that I could use to get the car to turn over and stay running. That is how the car currently turns on.
      The idle. Last time I drove the car (about a month ago) I turned it over with the switches and drove a round trip of about 10 miles. During this ride the idle seemed to drop out when I shifted down.. I had a lot of difficulty driving home because it seemed like it would shut off if I had to stop at a light. I don’t know what this could be but I am not able to continue trying to get this car to stay on the road.
      The Seatbelt. The drives side seatbelt is broken. If you have a fox you know that the car will not start without the seatbelt hooked in, so I cut the wires to the safety and tied them together.
      The dash cluster works intermittently. Sometimes the speedometer stops working, most of the indicator lights go on and off seemingly for no reason. The tach seems to always work. The mileage on the cluster also is not accurate and this is not the original. The mileage that car reads now is over 150k I believe and the odometer doesn’t always turn. The orginal had 57k about a year ago but I also saw that it did not always work. I would think that the car has about 70-75k on it but have no way of know exactly for sure.
      The title. I could not find the title so I just got it reissued, PennDOT said 4 to 10 business days.. then title in hand.
      Even with these issue I still think the car has some value, the only offer I got so far was 250 from a mechanic that scraps cars but I want to try to get more.. So I want to list the car at 500 or best over and hope to get what I can out of her.

Delco PA. 19076

Vehicles
      93 Fox 4dr
      08-30-2012 04:13 PM #2
      Still for sale. Title in hand!

Looking for 500 obo

text: four eight four 321 one one zero four

3. Member
      Vehicles
      1993 Volkswagen Fox 4-door, 1968 Beetle, 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport 5MT
      08-30-2012 09:15 PM #3
      GLWS. This car looks too good to part. Hope you find a good home for it.

Vehicles
      2000 Jetta VR6 <-- Dead. 2003 Jetta 2.slow <-- Sold. 1988 Jetta GL
      09-03-2012 09:30 PM #4
      If you can get it to h2oi Theres a good chance I'd buy it.
      2000 Jetta VR6 GLS <-- She's dead. | 2003 Jetta GLS 2.slowasballs | 1993 Fox Wolfsburg Edition Coupe

8v Society #8

Vehicles
      93 Fox 4dr
      09-04-2012 06:02 PM #5
      With it's issues I am not sure if I can get it there. I want to charge the battery and possible get my buddy who is a mechanic to look at it but he is a strictly american car guy and does not understand my interest in German ( or in this case Brazilian) cars. Hopefully will be able to post more info soon if I don't get a more serious offer.

But yes it is still for sale and right outside of Philadelphia near the PHL airport.

6. 09-04-2012 06:37 PM #6
      Can u call jr 631 8755334

Vehicles
      2000 Jetta VR6 <-- Dead. 2003 Jetta 2.slow <-- Sold. 1988 Jetta GL
      09-04-2012 11:40 PM #7
      I really need parts so lmk
      2000 Jetta VR6 GLS <-- She's dead. | 2003 Jetta GLS 2.slowasballs | 1993 Fox Wolfsburg Edition Coupe

8v Society #8

Vehicles
      93 Fox 4dr
      09-29-2012 03:35 PM #8
      I haven't been on here in a while but I still have the car. I am assuming it can only be used for parts because I am done trying to get this car to start and stay running.

I called a scrap service just to get it out of my driveway and they only offered me 150. I was hoping to get a little more out of it.. and I would prefer if it didn't just get scraped for metal.

IT will need to be towed.

Make an offer.

The car is in zip 19076.

Thanks for taking a look at my post.