After much thinking I have decided this car needs to go. I have had no time to finish the car and it breaks my heart to see it sit. I started the swap just before Christmas and it is almost done. But I have no time; between two kids, work, and maintaining two other vehicles, this coupe has just sat.
I originally traded my 1968 Beetle for this car so it kills me to let this go, because I have so much money into two cars. So my loss is your gain.
The short and sweet: ABA motor, MkII 5 speed, ABA harness, almost full CE2 swap, CE2 fuse box, and the interior is still apart.
- 2.0 8v ABA
- Five speed manual
- 145,xxx miles on body
- I was told the ABA had ~ 110,000 miles on it when removed from donor car
- No sunroof
- Made 9/88 in West Germany
- New battery (2 year replacement)
- New O2 sensor
- New driver axle
- New catalytic converter
- New Raceland coilovers
- New front and rear upper strut mounts and bearings
- New OEM tape deck
- Neuspeed front sway bar
- Neuspeed rear sway bar
- Good seats (front and rear out of a four door Jetta)
- Ford Taurus cup holder
- New wiper blades
- Techtonics Tuning 266 (AKA 270°) Hydraulic Sport Cam
- Techtonics Tuning 2.25" cat back exhaust, with DynoMax Muffler
- Neuspeed P-chip
- Rubber accordion shift boot
- New parking brake cables
- Westmoreland grille, radiator support, custom Beetle emblem, and eBay headlights
- New shift linkage rubber
- MkIII shift weight
- New transmission mount (G60 solid)
- New transmission mount bracket
- Solid front motor mount
- Replaced clutch cable
- Deleted AC lines (PO did it)
- Deleted charcoal canister
- Deleted washer bottle and lines (can provide)
There may be more but that is all that comes to mind.
- Door seals are dry rotted
- One very small rust hole in passenger front fender (about 1/8" hole)
- Rear drum shoes are extremely low (I have shoes BNIB)
- Passenger front wheel bearing may be bad. There is some wiggle (very little) but the car also NEEDS an alignment.
- Dash has some cracks (like most MkII's)
- Paint was said to have been done but it is faded
- Tail lights are cracked
Asking $3,500 or will trade for MkV air ride plus cash. Located in Hellertown, Pa. I will assist with loading onto a trailer. I will also be willing to meet or deliver within 25 miles of 18055.
Edit; As of 22 November, the car now runs but needs fine tuning.