1982 Vanagon 1.6L turbodiesel. Rebuilt turbo diesel engine is from a 1985 Volkswagen Jetta. Less than 10,000 miles on the rebuilt engine. 4 speed manual transmission from an air cooled gas Vanagon enables this Van to cruise easily at 65 mph. I get 26-30 miles a gallon on the highway, low 20s in town.
The combination of Hankook tires (especially made for tall vans), front Bilstein shocks, and rear adjustable Koni shocks makes riding and turning in this van quite nice! Starts well in cold weather!!
This Vanagon is in good to very good mechanical shape, and cosmetically it is fair..
I'm forced to sell this van because of some physical problems that don't allow me to drive the van anymore.
I originally intended to keep this vehicle forever and convert it to a Veggie Oil vehicle, and so I have many of those parts & my veggie oil design that I can supply if you desire. If you contact me, I can supply pictures and more information.
Asking price: $5350
• new clutch
• rebuilt turbo diesel w/ new injection pump, and injectors, new seals, etc. <10,000 miles ago.
• new Master cylinder/fluids
• new rear brakes, wheel cylinders, shoes, bearings etc.
• new front disc brakes, calipers, rotor.
• gas tank & gas intake seals/vent
• new front Bilstein Front Gas Shock Absorbers
• new rear KONI Adjustable Twin-Tube Shock Absorbers
• new rear carpeting
• new rear hatch struts
• ignition switch
• New Hankook RA08 tires (made for Vans) free balancing and rotating with lifetime blowout replacement guarantee.
• Kenwood stereo with Boston Acoustics speakers
• Rear heater (radiator fluid heated like a conventional vehicle)
• Original and rare auxiliary fuel-fired interior heater
• Not in the deal, but can add in -$350-$500 worth of Veggie oil conversion parts & design.
• No odometer, however the speedometer works.
• Some Passenger-side slider door dents.
• Minor surface rust