Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know whats up with Bagyard?

1. 08-25-2012 02:13 PM #1
      I'm trying to purchase bagyard bomber fronts and it seems like since the owner switch, the site is down and I can't find where to order them. Anyone have any related info?

2. Member
      08-25-2012 03:02 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Earlskey View Post
      I'm trying to purchase bagyard bomber fronts and it seems like since the owner switch, the site is down and I can't find where to order them. Anyone have any related info?
      find a stateside retailer, aka bagriders or ORT and see if they have what you want/need

3. 08-25-2012 03:12 PM #3
      Ah thanks! i will check with bagriders. ORT was actually the guys that told me bagyard was switching owners and couldnt get them. I knew i shouldve gotten them earlier

Vehicles
      2011 GTI
      08-25-2012 03:41 PM #4
      Nothing against Bagyards, but use this experience as future knowledge. I think one of the main deterrents from me switching over to Bagyards is the fact that.. if I ever need a replacement.. I can kiss my car goodbye for a few months waiting for replacement parts.

Airlift is a great company, and although I have never had to deal with them further than just purchasing their products (15k miles so far on my XL's), many of my friends have had 0 issues when it comes to customer service and replacement parts.

Vehicles
      Mk1 Caddy Project, MK3 Oval Track Car, MK4 daily, VTX1800 muscle cruiser
      08-25-2012 04:34 PM #5
      Airlift is unreal for their customer service. I had to get one strut replaced because the threads were messed up, they did it promptly and for free. Had two bags recalled as well, they sent me the new ones in record speed.

6. 08-25-2012 05:54 PM #6
      Oh dang, now I gotta go back and do some research to see if people don't regret getting the xl's. I wanted the bombers cuz they use bilstein shocks and can retain my sway bars. I want to be able to have good cornering and performance while being able to drop low.

I guess i could get these with the XL's:

http://www.dorbritzdesigns.com/2011/...ar-mounts.html

Vehicles
      2012 Golf TDI, 2012 GTI
      08-25-2012 06:50 PM #7
      Airlift has great customer service
      follow me on instagram: @hussdog426

2012 Golf TDI - looking for someone to take over the lease
      2012 GTI -

8. 08-26-2012 02:32 AM #8
      great feedback, thanks everyone! I sent a ping to bagriders for one last chance at the bombers, but if anything I'll get the XL's

Vehicles
      06 GTI UM Tuned
      08-26-2012 11:40 PM #9
      great feedback, thanks everyone! I sent a ping to bagriders for one last chance at the bombers, but if anything I'll get the XL's
      ha good luck with that they dont even respond to their dealer's emails

10. Member
      08-26-2012 11:44 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by JettaGT8V80 View Post
      Ha what?

Of course they do... I've never had a problem.

Vehicles
      2011 GTI
      08-27-2012 08:27 AM #11
      Oh dang, now I gotta go back and do some research to see if people don't regret getting the xl's. I wanted the bombers cuz they use bilstein shocks and can retain my sway bars. I want to be able to have good cornering and performance while being able to drop low.

I guess i could get these with the XL's:

http://www.dorbritzdesigns.com/2011/...ar-mounts.html
      Yup! Plenty of people run the sway brackets (including myself) with no issue. I've never driven without the front sway bar, so I can't comment on the performance of the sway brackets, but I notice no losses in perforamance during steering since going air.

I don't think you'll find anyone who 'regrets' going with the XL's. They're great quality, and for the price, it's unbeatable.

And like I said, nothing against Bagyards, they're the crem de la crem, but I don't know if I would want to chance it with their current lead times.

12. Banner Advertiser Andrew@ORT's Avatar
      Vehicles
      M3
      08-27-2012 10:45 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by 01 View Post
      Ha what?

When was the last time you spoke to Eddy, Ingrid or Dominic? Just out of curiosity...
      OPEN ROAD TUNING
      the best products backed by the best service, guaranteed.
      P: 610.572.2898 // E: andrew@openroadtuning.com // Facebook // G+

Vehicles
      08 CW GTI
      08-27-2012 11:02 AM #14
      I think we just need a US division of bagyard
      MKV Accuair E-level Install Guide
      PM about air/suspension installs, frame notches, etc.. Flickr

14. Banner Advertiser Will@BagRiders's Avatar
      Vehicles
      335i
      08-27-2012 11:37 AM #15
      We have a shipment of BagYards landing on Thursday.
      - Call us at: 802 . 735 . 2574 - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com - - // - - We're open: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 Eastern -

Vehicles
      '07 335i Sedan, '04 R32, '82 300D, '95 Jetta
      08-27-2012 01:25 PM #16
      A fool and his money are soon parted. Why the hell are any of you still dealing with BY products? They have consistently provided piss poor service and even though their product is supposedly superior I have never been given an actual example (owned both AL versions and have been in a By mk4). Said it before and I will say it again. Support a stateside product that is actually properly represented instead of sending all your money to Europe for a product that comes with little to no customer care. Silly.

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      07 GTI
      08-27-2012 03:09 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by OVRWRKD View Post
      I think we just need a US division of bagyard
      This

Vehicles
      2011 GTI
      08-27-2012 07:39 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by arethirdytwo View Post
      A fool and his money are soon parted. Why the hell are any of you still dealing with BY products? They have consistently provided piss poor service and even though their product is supposedly superior I have never been given an actual example (owned both AL versions and have been in a By mk4). Said it before and I will say it again. Support a stateside product that is actually properly represented instead of sending all your money to Europe for a product that comes with little to no customer care. Silly.
      Bagyards have their ups, let's not go too far. For instance, on the MK6, the front struts go both as low and HIGHER than the XL's do for sure (really allows for flexibility in riding styles).

For the rear air springs, the Bagyards let you get as low as you can with slam specialties/air house 2's WITHOUT cutting the nipple and mount directly to the frame of the car unlike with d-cups (so no more popping noises when airing up).

BY's have their ups, but you're gunna pay for em. I think a lot of us going air can live without em and use that extra cash for a quality management system instead.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      MKV '09 GTI
      08-27-2012 10:36 PM #19
      I JUST purchased a full bagyard setup for my MKV. Bought it used off a cool guy from austria. Being shipped as we speak. I'm stoked. Can't wait to get em in the mail.

Vehicles
      06 GTI, 04 Jetta (Gone)
      08-29-2012 12:35 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by hussdog426 View Post
      Airlift has great customer service
      This is an understatement. Before I placed my order with Bag Riders, I called AL's customer service to pick at their brains to make sure there weren't any pitfalls I should be aware of regarding parts, installation, or reliability and I couldn't believe how honest and helpful they were
      Tomas Sport Tuning + Bag Riders = BAGS & BBS RS

20. Banner Advertiser Will@BagRiders's Avatar
      Vehicles
      335i
      08-29-2012 03:05 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoctor View Post
      This is an understatement. Before I placed my order with Bag Riders, I called AL's customer service to pick at their brains to make sure there weren't any pitfalls I should be aware of regarding parts, installation, or reliability and I couldn't believe how honest and helpful they were
      True, regardless of the other factors, Air Lift's customer service blows BagYard out of the water. Not to mention, Air Lift stocks replacement parts all the time, if something fails (even if you're out of the warranty period) at least you're not stuck with an un-drivable car.
      - Call us at: 802 . 735 . 2574 - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com - - // - - We're open: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 5:00 Eastern -

Vehicles
      Yellow Car #1467
      08-30-2012 02:04 AM #22
      I also can vouch for Air Lift's customer service as well. It is (imo) BEYOND top notch. I'm not too good when it comes to turning a wrench and i had to replace the top plate (with the studs...over torqued/snapped one by accident) and i thought broke something in the process...over the phone they walked me through taking the strut apart and they were incredibly helpful and understanding...not to mention i didn't even buy the kit from them! I let them know that...i bought it used off of a friend...Not to add they are in Michigan (close-ish to me) and i get the parts in 2 days.
      - Jon

Vehicles
      2002 Bora TDI, 1994 2.0 16v Corrado, 1991 MK2 Golf, 1983 MK1 Golf Driver, MK4 Golf, 1971 Fastback
      08-31-2012 06:12 AM #23
      Has anyone got direct phone numbers email addresses or addresses for Bagyard owners, employees, new owners, or anyone who can actually give me answers?

I've been waiting just over a year. So far I've heard, They're on the way several times, they're being made, they're almost on the way. they'll be on the way soon and everything else. So much bull**** and excuses coming from bagyard. In fact, now if they even got in contact and gave another excuse it would be an improvement on their current communication.

The reason I haven't pulled the order is partly because we already have all the management and rear bags here for 2 cars. We only need 2 sets of rear shocks and supreme front struts with R32 arb brackets.

The other reason I haven't pulled the order is because it's already cost me a **** load of money to do international transfers and currency conversions. To pull it out now would cost me around $200 altogether, maybe more, just on fees alone. On the other hand. We've had 2 cars on axel stands for over a year. If i'd known it was going to take this long i'd have ordered something else and picked up a second hand set somewhere.

Andrew has done his best to try and sort things out but seems to be getting fed constant excuses. I have no idea what the communication problem is but how this company is still afloat I have no idea. I'm free around october or november so I'll quite happily fly over to austria, pick up my stuff and fly home. The only problem is that we can't even get a response to say if anything is being made or if any parts are ready now.

I'll never deal with bagyard or buy another bagyard product again.

If anyone from bagyard is reading this, you could have at least have the decency to answer our emails.

Vehicles
      06 GTI UM Tuned
      09-01-2012 08:57 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by Bazmcc View Post
      Has anyone got direct phone numbers email addresses or addresses for Bagyard owners, employees, new owners, or anyone who can actually give me answers?

I've been waiting just over a year. So far I've heard, They're on the way several times, they're being made, they're almost on the way. they'll be on the way soon and everything else. So much bull**** and excuses coming from bagyard. In fact, now if they even got in contact and gave another excuse it would be an improvement on their current communication.

The reason I haven't pulled the order is partly because we already have all the management and rear bags here for 2 cars. We only need 2 sets of rear shocks and supreme front struts with R32 arb brackets.

The other reason I haven't pulled the order is because it's already cost me a **** load of money to do international transfers and currency conversions. To pull it out now would cost me around $200 altogether, maybe more, just on fees alone. On the other hand. We've had 2 cars on axel stands for over a year. If i'd known it was going to take this long i'd have ordered something else and picked up a second hand set somewhere.

Andrew has done his best to try and sort things out but seems to be getting fed constant excuses. I have no idea what the communication problem is but how this company is still afloat I have no idea. I'm free around october or november so I'll quite happily fly over to austria, pick up my stuff and fly home. The only problem is that we can't even get a response to say if anything is being made or if any parts are ready now.

I'll never deal with bagyard or buy another bagyard product again.

If anyone from bagyard is reading this, you could have at least have the decency to answer our emails.
      this is a common thing with them im sure that once they started the process with selling the company they just stopped making anything, a year is insane that is lawsuit territory

my friend waited a few months that seems to be the standard for them a year is insane

Vehicles
      stable of silver
      09-01-2012 12:54 PM #25
      this is a common thing with them im sure that once they started the process with selling the company they just stopped making anything, a year is insane that is lawsuit territory

my friend waited a few months that seems to be the standard for them a year is insane
      ^This is why I went with Air Lift. Why spend hundreds of extra dollars to a company who treats their customers like this? Never understood the whole Bagyard nutswinging craze, especially with an American company offering a product of equal quality for almost half the price in many instances
      Quote Originally Posted by SGLoki View Post
      Mk1people > Mkrestofpeople.
      Quote Originally Posted by unleashedd View Post
      wow this has escalatored quickly. dude now has vr6 up front, w8 out back, he's crying metal tears, and people are demanding consumption of feces... i dont know whats real anymore!

Vehicles
      06 GTI UM Tuned
      09-02-2012 11:43 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by 16v_HOR View Post
      ^This is why I went with Air Lift. Why spend hundreds of extra dollars to a company who treats their customers like this? Never understood the whole Bagyard nutswinging craze, especially with an American company offering a product of equal quality for almost half the price in many instances
      equal quality is debatable

honestly bagyard is akin to kw v3's vs say koni coilovers (air lift) int he end they both do what they do very very well

i chose air lift mainly for the customer support plus lets be honest they care about customers while bagyard seemed to only care about a certain group of people

26. 09-04-2012 09:47 PM #27
      Glad I found this thread.
      Im in Australia and having huge issues getting my parts from bagyard.

My order turned up with 3/4s of the parts, but also 3/4s of another system. Luckily, worked out this was my mates who had ordered his some time before me, even though he lived a solid 12hrs drive away...

Have heard a number of times that the missing parts (rear struts) are on the way, but nothing.
      This is 10months since the order date and 7months since the first lot arrived.

I managed to make contact via these telephone numbers in the past month or so:
      http://www.bagyardairride.com/
      I think it was the second number I had the luck with...

One is disconnected, the other either rings out or gets answered by a lady who speaks very little english and sadly I cant string a sentence together quick enough to reply back in German (I assume its german...)

As far as im aware there is about 6 sets in Australia that have been paid for and either received a little or none of the order.

Vehicles
      09-04-2012 11:37 PM #28
      Bull****! Did they sell the company and just peace out? Still can't believe people have been buying their products. I understand the small variables but really, NEVER do you hear a good review.

I'm not talking people raving about a product, I mean an above and beyond review. Never happens, still people buy.

Best of luck to you all.

Vehicles
      2002 Bora TDI, 1994 2.0 16v Corrado, 1991 MK2 Golf, 1983 MK1 Golf Driver, MK4 Golf, 1971 Fastback
      09-05-2012 05:18 AM #29

Vehicles
      2001.5 VW Passat (RIP), 2002 Audi allroad 2.7T
      09-05-2012 01:02 PM #30
      Wow...I hadn't realized this got that bad. You gotta wonder who is running a company now that has people literally willing to throw a substantial premium over comparable offerings (interpret that as you want depending on your application, needs, etc.) at them for their product, and still aren't producing anything.

Glad I went with AirLift for my C6...I did love the BagYards on my B5.5, but if they are impossible to get a hold of, it doesn't really matter if it will make your car levitate and hover over speed bumps, they are still impossible to get a hold of...

Vehicles
      3x mk3, 2x mk2, 1x mk1, 1x mk4, 1x mk6, 1x e30
      09-05-2012 02:32 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by 01 View Post
      Ha what?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@ORT View Post
      When was the last time you spoke to Eddy, Ingrid or Dominic? Just out of curiosity...
      Just to clarify, he said he was going to ping BAGRIDERS, not Bag Yard... Bag Riders is amazing!
      My level of sarcasm is to the point where I don't even know if I'm kidding or not...
      Quote Originally Posted by emg60vw
      being 4x4 saved the cars life
      Parts4VW
      Instagram: @ynowgn

31. Banner Advertiser Andrew@ORT's Avatar
      Vehicles
      M3
      09-05-2012 04:13 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by YNO WGN View Post
      Just to clarify, he said he was going to ping BAGRIDERS, not Bag Yard... Bag Riders is amazing!
      I'm fully aware of what he said.
      OPEN ROAD TUNING

Vehicles
      09-05-2012 04:22 PM #33
      Didn't you have some exclusive deal setup with BY originally? Also didn't they royally burn you guys as well? I just remember the talk of lynching and burning at the stake years ago with the first BY group buy.

I'm fully aware of what he said.

33. Banner Advertiser Andrew@ORT's Avatar
      Vehicles
      M3
      09-05-2012 04:38 PM #34
      Yes and yes. They've been backstabbing their dealers for quite some time now and this is really no surprise.
      OPEN ROAD TUNING

Vehicles
      09-05-2012 04:50 PM #35
      That stinks man. I remember back when that was going on, I know a lot of things were said but it really looks like all that drama was you trying to save face for BY. Can't really **** on a company you just did a GB for.

Sorry I have been in sales my whole life and this is just beyond me. This is a great case of a TERRIBLE business. They didn't have that many customers and their product is that hard to make. They should at least maintain stock. If they can't shut it down.

Yes and yes. They've been backstabbing their dealers for quite some time now and this is really no surprise.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast