Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Quick Question

08-26-2012 10:24 AM #1
      I was wondering if anyone here had the following problem and offer some assistance.

The Golf seems to be ''stuck'' in reverse. (Long story short, my gf backed up the Golf into the driveway and she wanted to re allign herself, she put it back in reverse and once done, shut the engine. Now, the Golf is 'stuck' in reverse'

When I try to turn the key on 'on' while applying the brakes, I tried to put in Park or Neutral, the stick won't budge one bit! I don't want to force it either.

Does anyone what may have caused this and what can I do to get it 'out of reverse'?

Car: 2012 VW Golf 2.5, Automatic Transmission.

Thanks,

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2003/VW/1.8T Jetta 5sp Automatic
      08-27-2012 08:43 PM #2
      It's odd that she was able to remove the key from the ignition if the selector was not in park.

If it's a 2012 model, you should take it to a dealer for a warranty claim.

Vehicles
      85 Jetta TD sold 2001 Jetta Tdi, 2000 Jetta Tdi
      08-28-2012 11:54 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by carfreak01 View Post
      It's odd that she was able to remove the key from the ignition if the selector was not in park.

If it's a 2012 model, you should take it to a dealer for a warranty claim.
      I'll 2nd that.
      Auto trans fluid change or flush will not make a trans fail. Stop spreading the wives tale/urban myth.
      ASE Master Certified Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Rating Recently passed ASE certification for Light Diesel repair.
      www.KansasCityTdi.com