Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 101

    Thread: Group Buy - NEW OEM Style HID Replica Headlights - Plug and Play!

    1. Member RawNRG 01's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 15th, 2001
      Location
      Northern Va
      Posts
      503
      Vehicles
      88 Scirocco 16v, 92 Jetta 8v, 08 Passat 3.6 4motion
      09-18-2012 07:29 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by edward@becautoparts.com View Post
      Thanks, for now the lights will look as in the photos. It costs a tremdous amount of money to change and mold different parts and then to put into production. The purpose of these lights is to give something that appears very similar to the Hybrid lights without costing a small fortune.
      Just to let you guys know also, these lights not only will be coming on the new Jetta Hybrids in October, but they are already on the 2013 Jetta GLi Autobahns with Navigation...as well as a back up camera
      RawNRG
      Stohlman Volkswagen
      www.stohlman-vw.com
      jjackson@stohlmanauto.com
      703.287.4107 703.893.2990

    2. Banned SimpleStaple's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2011
      Location
      Villanova, PA
      Posts
      1,919
      Vehicles
      Jetta VI 2.5L
      09-18-2012 07:51 PM #37
      So how do we send a deposit?

      Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

    3. Classified Advertiser edward@becautoparts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2010
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      2,207
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8T
      09-19-2012 12:44 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by SimpleStaple View Post
      So how do we send a deposit?

      Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
      If you want to order a set, please pm or email me at: edward@becautoparts.com

      Name
      Email
      Location - US or Canada
      Phone # - needed for the courier's packing slip.

    4. Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2012
      Location
      NY
      Posts
      85
      Vehicles
      GLI
      09-19-2012 09:46 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by edward@becautoparts.com View Post
      There was a little delay at the factory, the lights will be going out early next week. I rather ship something that was a perfect as possible than something with some defects in them.
      Any update Edward? We all want these awesome lights before H2OI

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      1,159
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 (Gone)
      09-20-2012 02:55 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by 615 View Post
      Any update Edward? We all want these awesome lights before H2OI
      Im curious... Seen it a couple times and have no idea... What is H20I?
      2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Current); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    6. Member madrussian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 29th, 2003
      Location
      Akron, OH
      Posts
      5,352
      Vehicles
      10 Jetta, 14 RAM 1500
      09-20-2012 04:18 PM #41
      H20 International... huge VW car show and arguably the best on the East Coast, though I believe most would agree SoWo is it now.

      BTW, when do these ship?

    7. Classified Advertiser edward@becautoparts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2010
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      2,207
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8T
      09-21-2012 06:02 PM #42
      Lights are on the way, they will arrive early next week. There was a mixup with the tracking#s, and they were not showing up in the system, but they are in transit!

      So, if anyone still would like a set, just let me know.
      Last edited by edward@becautoparts.com; 09-23-2012 at 02:50 PM.

    8. Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2012
      Location
      NY
      Posts
      85
      Vehicles
      GLI
      09-23-2012 03:34 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by edward@becautoparts.com View Post
      Lights are on the way, they will arrive early next week. There was a mixup with the tracking#s, and they were not showing up in the system, but they are in transit!

      So, if anyone still would like a set, just let me know.

      Thanks for the update! Just to clarify, the lights will arrive to you early next week and then you will forward them to us? When do you anticipate we will receive them.

      Thanks

    9. Member ChefBlake's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2011
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      273
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta TDI 6-MT , 2000 Passat V6 4Motion
      09-23-2012 10:00 PM #44
      Can I reserve a set with a down payment?

    10. Member EuRoGTI86's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2008
      Location
      LongIsland, NY
      Posts
      5,205
      Vehicles
      2012 Volkswagen Jetta S, 2010 Kawasaki KLR650
      09-23-2012 10:18 PM #45
      Will you be ordering more sets after the 20?

      -Mike
      R.I.P. Allen A.K.A. vr6inside98. 89'-11' I LOVE YOU MAN
      Tri state area. VAG-COM (VCDS) Scans/Mods available (HEX+CAN)/Suspension install available/Fender rolling available. Send me a PM for pricing!
      Instagram- @mr_toffee

    11. Member Mandi_MKVI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2012
      Location
      Long Island
      Posts
      208
      Vehicles
      2012 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      09-24-2012 05:43 PM #46
      can you please give the sizes of the bulbs that are included with these headlights? (ex: the blinker bulb)
      Bagged 2012 Candy White GLI
      Instagram: @mandi_mkvi

    12. Classified Advertiser edward@becautoparts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2010
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      2,207
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8T
      09-24-2012 06:09 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by ChefBlake View Post
      Can I reserve a set with a down payment?
      I still have a few spots left, so just pm me if you like to order.

      In terms of ordering more, depends on all the feedback I get from my customers.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2007
      Location
      Central Mass
      Posts
      475
      09-24-2012 08:33 PM #48
      I would love a set of these but kind of hesitant becuase on my MKV i orderd some HIDs from you and they were not really plug it was more like splice and play and i had hard time getting the bulb out code off and problems with the ignitors and bulbs....but Edward did come thru and ship me new bulbs and ignitors and help me with whatever questions i had and the end result after all the B.S the lights were awesome ...

    14. Member Mandi_MKVI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2012
      Location
      Long Island
      Posts
      208
      Vehicles
      2012 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      09-24-2012 09:12 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by s4ellas View Post
      I would love a set of these but kind of hesitant becuase on my MKV i orderd some HIDs from you and they were not really plug it was more like splice and play and i had hard time getting the bulb out code off and problems with the ignitors and bulbs....but Edward did come thru and ship me new bulbs and ignitors and help me with whatever questions i had and the end result after all the B.S the lights were awesome ...
      I want these but this statement has me worried...I'm not into "splice and play"
      Bagged 2012 Candy White GLI
      Instagram: @mandi_mkvi

    15. Junior Member Mz Giggles's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2012
      Location
      West VA
      Posts
      24
      Vehicles
      1970 Ford Maverick, 2012 VW Jetta S w/Sunroof
      09-25-2012 12:41 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by edward@becautoparts.com View Post
      I still have a few spots left, so just pm me if you like to order.

      In terms of ordering more, depends on all the feedback I get from my customers.
      I received my lights in a timely manor, and they were very easy to install.....plug and play just as Edward said. They were in perfect condition and look great on my car. I am very pleased with the outcome of the easy installation and the nice appearance it gave my car.

    16. Banned SimpleStaple's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2011
      Location
      Villanova, PA
      Posts
      1,919
      Vehicles
      Jetta VI 2.5L
      09-25-2012 12:46 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Mz Giggles View Post
      I received my lights in a timely manor, and they were very easy to install.....plug and play just as Edward said. They were in perfect condition and look great on my car. I am very pleased with the outcome of the easy installation and the nice appearance it gave my car.
      This is a fake account.

      This was just made today and this is the first post.

      Calling bullsh_t on this thread. Silly Chinese salesmen...

      Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

    17. Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2012
      Location
      NY
      Posts
      85
      Vehicles
      GLI
      09-25-2012 10:30 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by Mandi_MKVI View Post
      I want these but this statement has me worried...I'm not into "splice and play"
      If you are worried, just wait a few more days and more reviews will start appearing. I received my lights today and plan to install them sometime in the next 24 hours. I have zero experience with HIDs and I have never replaced lights before.

      Thanks Edward! You pulled through and got the lights out in time for H2OI. My lights were packaged well; although my box appears to have been through hell to get here. I only had time to visually inspect the lights, but they look awesome!

    18. Member Mandi_MKVI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2012
      Location
      Long Island
      Posts
      208
      Vehicles
      2012 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
      09-25-2012 01:23 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by 615 View Post
      If you are worried, just wait a few more days and more reviews will start appearing. I received my lights today and plan to install them sometime in the next 24 hours. I have zero experience with HIDs and I have never replaced lights before.

      Thanks Edward! You pulled through and got the lights out in time for H2OI. My lights were packaged well; although my box appears to have been through hell to get here. I only had time to visually inspect the lights, but they look awesome!
      Good to hear that they look awesome post pics when you are done with the install!

      I actually placed my order today i cant wait to get them and i will post pics of mine once installed
      Bagged 2012 Candy White GLI
      Instagram: @mandi_mkvi

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2011
      Location
      brunswick oh
      Posts
      228
      Vehicles
      2014 ram 2500 cummins, bagged k04 2010 jetta wolfsburg,bagged 2010 tdi cup edition, 2009 jetta tdi
      09-26-2012 03:34 PM #54
      ill have my gli in the apr booth with these installed along with the led rear tails from the jetta hybrid if anyone wants to check them out. definately a nice setup. idk if anyone will get error codes like the euro headlights cause in the glis. but i did coding for my tails and i have no codes at all for anything. so if you get an error code. look up the jetta hybrid tails coding and u can do the coding. u have to manually change a code under central electronics to 53 i believe its 00 or something like that origianally under byte 18

    20. Classified Advertiser edward@becautoparts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2010
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      2,207
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8T
      09-26-2012 04:17 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by SimpleStaple View Post
      This is a fake account.

      This was just made today and this is the first post.

      Calling bullsh_t on this thread. Silly Chinese salesmen...

      Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
      Actually not, this is a real customer. What's the deal with the negative comments? Nothing else better to do?

    21. Classified Advertiser edward@becautoparts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2010
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      2,207
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8T
      09-27-2012 01:34 PM #56
      Lights still available!

    22. Junior Member Mz Giggles's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2012
      Location
      West VA
      Posts
      24
      Vehicles
      1970 Ford Maverick, 2012 VW Jetta S w/Sunroof
      09-28-2012 06:52 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by SimpleStaple View Post
      This is a fake account.

      This was just made today and this is the first post.

      Calling bullsh_t on this thread. Silly Chinese salesmen...

      Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
      Fake account? And who are you?? Do we really need to go there? Pay attention Grasshopper, we don't have room for rudeness on here.....look back at the other MK 6 Jetta threads and see my car...WITH the headlights.....I swear.....some people...
      2012 Jetta S with Sunroof and some mods

      "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

    23. Junior Member Mz Giggles's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2012
      Location
      West VA
      Posts
      24
      Vehicles
      1970 Ford Maverick, 2012 VW Jetta S w/Sunroof
      09-28-2012 06:55 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by bmain0407 View Post
      ill have my gli in the apr booth with these installed along with the led rear tails from the jetta hybrid if anyone wants to check them out. definately a nice setup. idk if anyone will get error codes like the euro headlights cause in the glis. but i did coding for my tails and i have no codes at all for anything. so if you get an error code. look up the jetta hybrid tails coding and u can do the coding. u have to manually change a code under central electronics to 53 i believe its 00 or something like that origianally under byte 18
      Ok, you'll TOTALLY be my hero if you tell me where you sourced your LED Jetta Tailights!! I cant find them anywhere, and my dealership doesnt have them in either You can pm me if you wanna keep it a secret Thanx in advance!
      2012 Jetta S with Sunroof and some mods

      "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

    24. Banned SimpleStaple's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2011
      Location
      Villanova, PA
      Posts
      1,919
      Vehicles
      Jetta VI 2.5L
      09-28-2012 06:58 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Mz Giggles View Post
      Fake account? And who are you?? Do we really need to go there? Pay attention Grasshopper, we don't have room for rudeness on here.....look back at the other MK 6 Jetta threads and see my car...WITH the headlights.....I swear.....some people...
      U sound Mad.

      Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

    25. Classified Advertiser edward@becautoparts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2010
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      2,207
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8T
      09-28-2012 07:03 PM #60
      Lights are available, now, no need for the Group Buy, just pm me with your contact info!

    26. Junior Member Mz Giggles's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2012
      Location
      West VA
      Posts
      24
      Vehicles
      1970 Ford Maverick, 2012 VW Jetta S w/Sunroof
      09-28-2012 07:06 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by Mandi_MKVI View Post
      Good to hear that they look awesome post pics when you are done with the install!

      I actually placed my order today i cant wait to get them and i will post pics of mine once installed
      You wont regret it Mandi! I drove all the way to the NOPI Nationals show in Geogia from West Virginia last weekend with absolutely no issues...and I just got the "regular" headlights....imma add the HID's next week
      2012 Jetta S with Sunroof and some mods

      "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

    27. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2011
      Location
      brunswick oh
      Posts
      228
      Vehicles
      2014 ram 2500 cummins, bagged k04 2010 jetta wolfsburg,bagged 2010 tdi cup edition, 2009 jetta tdi
      09-29-2012 08:50 PM #62
      i dont think the guy even has any more. they came from mexico and theyre oem. but anyways has anyone figured out how to get the leds to stay on all the time. i cant figure it out

    28. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2011
      Posts
      66
      Vehicles
      '12 Jetta TDI
      09-30-2012 08:02 AM #63
      whats going on with these headlights, im not ordering a pair, but i want to see what the masses thought about them. any issues or pictures to post?
      Quote Originally Posted by ichorid View Post
      my favorite part was when all the photos were terrible.

    29. Classified Advertiser edward@becautoparts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2010
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      2,207
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8T
      09-30-2012 08:46 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Roger, Roger. View Post
      whats going on with these headlights, im not ordering a pair, but i want to see what the masses thought about them. any issues or pictures to post?
      There are a few reviews of them in MK6 Jetta forum, just use the link at the beginning of the thread.

      Apart from a damaged adjuster on one of the headlights, the replacement is on the way over to him, I havent heard of any other negative feedback.


    30. Classified Advertiser edward@becautoparts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2010
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      2,207
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8T
      09-30-2012 08:48 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by bmain0407 View Post
      i dont think the guy even has any more. they came from mexico and theyre oem. but anyways has anyone figured out how to get the leds to stay on all the time. i cant figure it out
      You may have to do some re-wiring, have a look at this link, this is how they got the LEDs (parking lights) to stay on.

      http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread....amps-*Updated*

    31. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2011
      Location
      brunswick oh
      Posts
      228
      Vehicles
      2014 ram 2500 cummins, bagged k04 2010 jetta wolfsburg,bagged 2010 tdi cup edition, 2009 jetta tdi
      10-01-2012 11:03 PM #66
      just got back from h20 and new headlight was on doorstep got a replacement quick. thanks again ed. i will be sending more ppl ur way for stuff. they just need to get some money together. i love the headlights. replacement was perfect do defects or anything.

    32. Classified Advertiser edward@becautoparts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2010
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      2,207
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8T
      10-08-2012 04:21 PM #67
      Still have 4 sets remaining, so order while you can.

    33. Member
      Join Date
      May 19th, 2012
      Location
      North Carolina
      Posts
      239
      Vehicles
      2008 BMW 335i coupe & 2012 VW Jetta SE
      10-11-2012 08:19 PM #68
      Any close daylight pics of fitment on these?
      2008 BMW 335i 6MT coupe - Montego Blue Metallic | ///M-Sport package | 19" BBS RS-GT

      2012 VW Jetta SE - Reflex Silver Metallic | bike rack, tint, powdered Detroits, '13 Hybrid/GLI rep headlights

    34. Banned BarryT82's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2005
      Location
      Charleston, WV
      Posts
      2,790
      Vehicles
      '12 F-150 FX4 Super Crew, '11 JSW TDI
      10-11-2012 10:51 PM #69
      I bought the Golf version headlights for my JSW and got them within a few days. The install was easy and the wiring plugged right in.

    35. Classified Advertiser edward@becautoparts.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2010
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      2,207
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8T
      10-15-2012 06:08 PM #70
      Only a couple sets left. Still time to get a set if you want.

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •