Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How's Mazda for out of warranty goodwill repairs?

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      08-30-2012 11:59 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by GolfTango View Post
      This was the right side (left side looking at engine from front). Not near anything remotely hot, just the belts and overflow coolant tank. Bookmarked!
      Oh... hmm. The motor mount issue really is annoying.. but it not a big job if you have the tools.
      Vote of hands- who would rather have 15-20% more NVH and motor mounts that lasted 100+k miles AND were much cheaper?

And the internal sales guy at Rosenthal is great.
      I have even emailed them diagrams and asked for parts I could not find on any other site- and they replied quickly with the part number and price... well by quickly, I mean within 24 hours.
      Last edited by BRealistic; 08-31-2012 at 12:14 AM.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

Vehicles
      2007 Accord EX-L
      08-31-2012 10:33 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Vote of hands- who would rather have 15-20% more NVH and motor mounts that lasted 100+k miles AND were much cheaper?
      I want that OR:

1 - A more refined motor with reduced vibration as to not eat the mounts alive.
      2 - Strongly reinforced motor mounts with large, rough rubber bushings to absorb the vibrations along with a subframe to help keep the motor in place.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbiodiesel!
      It really is the perfect, no excuses all-rounder for the rich guy who's accustomed to having it all - the Hybrid version especially. It's like an F-150 Raptor banged an M5 in the men's room of a biker bar. Nobody really wanted the results, but damn - what a set of genes.

Vehicles
      2007 Accord EX-L
      08-31-2012 10:40 AM #38
      Will do. How's that Accord treating you?
      My Accord has been fantastic. I inspect stuff like the mounts, CV joints and struts on a monthly basis and it's holding up really well, despite the occasional trips I make into NYC. Basically it has addressed all my complaints I had about the Mazda; Honda appears to put the extra effort to get certain details about their cars right so that in the long term perspective, the cars are more enjoyable and satisfying to own. Until Mazda learns how to mount an engine properly, I won't get another one again.

Several years from now, I may replace the Accord with a newer model, or possibly an Altima.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbiodiesel!
      It really is the perfect, no excuses all-rounder for the rich guy who's accustomed to having it all - the Hybrid version especially. It's like an F-150 Raptor banged an M5 in the men's room of a biker bar. Nobody really wanted the results, but damn - what a set of genes.

4. 08-31-2012 10:40 AM #39
      Dealership will either be a dick and say no or cover it, but doubtful. If you call Mazda corporate and bitch enough they'll make a regional supervisor call you back, and they are much more likely to cover it.

/got a new engine out of mazda for my rx8 by bitching even though I was past the 100K warranty.

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC Sport / DSG + Ltg. Pkg.
      08-31-2012 11:21 AM #40
      Motor/Tranny mounts, one of Mazda's many, many, MANY weak points

Life = f { , , , }

Vehicles
      '13 Focus, '08.5 MS3, '97 Wrangler, '90 Miata
      08-31-2012 11:24 AM #41
      This was the right side (left side looking at engine from front). Not near anything remotely hot, just the belts and overflow coolant tank. Bookmarked!
      Yep. That's always the first one to go.

I wish I'd cut open the Focus's passenger-side mount when I removed it just to show how it had completely drained.
      www.leftlanenews.com
      @SSLByron, @leftlanenews

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12