Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 142

    Thread: BIG EYE's Tiguan

    1. Member Pineapplegti !'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2008
      Location
      Las Vegas NV
      Posts
      8,769
      Vehicles
      2011 mustang 5.0.2014 brown/brown TDI t-reg ..Turbo rail
      09-18-2012 11:43 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by BIG EYE View Post
      Oh snap! Everyone ok?

      Sorry to see this!!
      Yeah the wife had other things on her mind on the way to work and failed to stop behind a meals on wheels truck.. lol She is fine.. we will see what the insurance adjuster says.
      autocrats...

    2. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      09-26-2012 12:31 PM #37
      9/25 - Tint!!

      Had the front 2 windows tinted to match the rear windows with the factory tint.

      It was a bit of a challenge to find someone that carries, or is able to get the right film that matches the factory tint on the back windows, but I was determined!

      Let me know if you are looking and I can point you in the right direction.



      Last edited by BIG EYE; 04-15-2013 at 02:05 PM.

    3. Member gabster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2011
      Location
      Miami,FL
      Posts
      233
      Vehicles
      '11 Tiguan SE-Navi/Pano--Honda S2000
      09-27-2012 03:29 PM #38
      yes please do let me know where to find the window film
      thanks

    4. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      09-27-2012 04:04 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by gabster View Post
      yes please do let me know where to find the window film
      thanks

      I am not sure were you might find it in your area. I called around till I found a place that happened to still have it in stock, here in San Diego.

      The part number for the correct film is AT35GNSRHPR (green). It is a Llumar product

    5. Member gabster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2011
      Location
      Miami,FL
      Posts
      233
      Vehicles
      '11 Tiguan SE-Navi/Pano--Honda S2000
      09-28-2012 04:34 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by BIG EYE View Post
      I am not sure were you might find it in your area. I called around till I found a place that happened to still have it in stock, here in San Diego.

      The part number for the correct film is AT35GNSRHPR (green). It is a Llumar product
      cool thanks yeah i heard about them having it, i wonder if they had one a bit lighter than 35%, seems a hair darker than the OEM which i think is like a 45%

    6. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      09-28-2012 08:09 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by gabster View Post
      cool thanks yeah i heard about them having it, i wonder if they had one a bit lighter than 35%, seems a hair darker than the OEM which i think is like a 45%
      The factory is 35%, and so is the part number i mentioned above. The problem is that the factory stuff is probably sandwiched in between two pieces of glass and the new stuff is "stuck" to the inside glass.
      It may be a tad bit greener as well, but definitely not darker.

      It is about a 97% - 98% match. In person you cannot tell unless you are specifically looking for differences, or if you are a tinter or something....

    7. Member KEITH's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 19th, 1999
      Posts
      3,079
      Vehicles
      1987 Golf VR6
      10-02-2012 12:47 AM #42
      Looking good. How did the hitch install go?
      Pollute Mars Now!

    8. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      10-02-2012 12:23 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by KEITH View Post
      Looking good. How did the hitch install go?

      Hitch install was very simple! Took about 10 minutes. I didn't do the wiring though...Maybe one day if i ever need to tow anything besides my bikes..

      Page 5 of this thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...an-today/page5
      A guy installed his but didn't completely remove the plastic cover...Looks real clean! Makes me wish i would have thought to do it, but you'll never see under there so not a big deal..
      Last edited by BIG EYE; 10-02-2012 at 12:26 PM.

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 28th, 2001
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      4,617
      Vehicles
      1979 human
      10-03-2012 11:43 PM #44
      lookin good, dude! can't wait to see it in person haha

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 28th, 2001
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      4,617
      Vehicles
      1979 human
      10-03-2012 11:45 PM #45
      btw, i hope you have a big trunk.. cuz i'm gonna put my bike in it

    11. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      10-04-2012 12:09 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by ERROL View Post
      lookin good, dude! can't wait to see it in person haha
      hopefully sooner than later!!!!!

      Quote Originally Posted by ERROL View Post
      btw, i hope you have a big trunk.. cuz i'm gonna put my bike in it
      hahahahahha!!!!

    12. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      10-07-2012 10:50 AM #47
      Did some coding.
      Windows up/down with the key fob, brake lights will flash if I slam on the break pedal, turned off the DRL's etc.

      Also washed it with help from a friend


    13. Member leitmotif's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20th, 2006
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      5,826
      Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      10-07-2012 12:45 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by BIG EYE View Post
      Did some coding.
      Windows up/down with the key fob, brake lights will flash if I slam on the break pedal, turned off the DRL's etc.

      Also washed it with help from a friend

      I'm quite out of the loop with the whole VAG-COM thing. How much are they these days? I'd love to do some of the coding mods. Can the 3 flash of the turn signal feature be turned off?

    14. Member Yo_Delprad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2007
      Location
      Albany, NY
      Posts
      1,753
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan S 4Motion, 2001.5 Passat 30v (new project)
      10-07-2012 04:50 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by leitmotif View Post
      I'm quite out of the loop with the whole VAG-COM thing. How much are they these days? I'd love to do some of the coding mods. Can the 3 flash of the turn signal feature be turned off?
      Yea can be turned off or changed from 1-5 blinks
      ROFLwagens Upstate,NY VW/Audi

      XBL GT: Sketchyx518x

    15. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 19th, 2006
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      71
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL
      10-08-2012 01:53 AM #50
      You can turn the 3 blinks off directly from the settings in one of the MFA menus, at least you can in my 2012. I did the same in my GTI too. I think it's under the convenience menu.

    16. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      10-08-2012 01:52 PM #51
      I think they run around $250??? A friend has one so I just used his.....

      I didn't change the 3 blink, but it seems it can be changed if so desired.....

    17. 10-08-2012 07:20 PM #52
      Really like your Tiguan. It's amazing how nice it looks with tint, 19s, and lower springs. Ever thought about doing an ECU upgrade from someone like APR. Should make it a hoot to drive.

      I'm seriously thinking of trading in my A4 avant for a Tiguan. Your car is giving me inspiration. My wife may not be so happy with me or you though.

    18. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      10-09-2012 01:14 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by si3n4 View Post
      Really like your Tiguan. It's amazing how nice it looks with tint, 19s, and lower springs. Ever thought about doing an ECU upgrade from someone like APR. Should make it a hoot to drive.

      I'm seriously thinking of trading in my A4 avant for a Tiguan. Your car is giving me inspiration. My wife may not be so happy with me or you though.

      I have been thinking of upgrading the ECU since the day I got the Tig! My wife just gave birth to our first child 5 weeks ago, so spending is on hold for a little bit.....

      I recommend a Tiguan if you can do it without getting into too much trouble with your wife. I love this thing!

    19. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      10-29-2012 08:55 PM #54
      New fog bulbs


      Last edited by BIG EYE; 10-29-2012 at 11:13 PM.

    20. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      10-30-2012 12:12 PM #55
      Euro headlight switch


    21. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2012
      Location
      Massillon
      Posts
      69
      Vehicles
      '12 beetle turbo, '09 MINI Clubman S, '12 Q5
      10-30-2012 01:54 PM #56
      What does the euro headlight switch do? I see many people adding them to their VW no matter what it may be. Like your drop.

    22. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      10-30-2012 05:54 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by zsqure View Post
      What does the euro headlight switch do? I see many people adding them to their VW no matter what it may be. Like your drop.

      It gives the option for marker/parking lights only, as well as marker/parking lights with fogs.
      It also gives the option for rear fog, but will require some additional parts to make work..

    23. 12-19-2012 01:00 AM #58
      My tig currently does not have auto lights and I have already drained the battery once. Curious if I can just buy a light switch that has the auto lights and plug and play or do I need to go thru a whole wiring mess?

    24. Member vwhipster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 19th, 2012
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      228
      Vehicles
      Tacoma SR5, VW Tiguan
      12-19-2012 02:39 AM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by BodnarsTig View Post
      My tig currently does not have auto lights and I have already drained the battery once. Curious if I can just buy a light switch that has the auto lights and plug and play or do I need to go thru a whole wiring mess?
      If you do not have auto lights and you get the euro switch, using the AUTO setting on the switch will turn the low beams on when the car is turned on and turn all the lights off when you turn the car off. If you have the sensor then the auto feature will turn the lights on when it senses that it is dark.
      Wasserwerks | APR Stage II+ Tiguan

      Quote Originally Posted by shawng View Post
      And face it, a true mechanic knows how to lube his bolt properly.

    25. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      12-19-2012 01:09 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by BodnarsTig View Post
      My tig currently does not have auto lights and I have already drained the battery once. Curious if I can just buy a light switch that has the auto lights and plug and play or do I need to go thru a whole wiring mess?
      Quote Originally Posted by vwhipster View Post
      If you do not have auto lights and you get the euro switch, using the AUTO setting on the switch will turn the low beams on when the car is turned on and turn all the lights off when you turn the car off. If you have the sensor then the auto feature will turn the lights on when it senses that it is dark.

      Also, I thought turning on the Auto lights is a coding thing, not a wiring thing, but I could be wrong on that. Mine came stock with auto lights.

    26. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      02-04-2013 03:46 PM #61
      Washed Waxed, and got a shorty antenna...






    27. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      03-18-2013 09:35 PM #62

    28. Member Pineapplegti !'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2008
      Location
      Las Vegas NV
      Posts
      8,769
      Vehicles
      2011 mustang 5.0.2014 brown/brown TDI t-reg ..Turbo rail
      03-19-2013 02:22 AM #63
      Selling the car ?
      autocrats...

    29. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      03-19-2013 01:22 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Pineapplegti ! View Post
      Selling the car ?
      Nope! Just want to see if I can sell these and get a set of 20's.

    30. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      05-08-2013 02:34 PM #65
      Things just got interesting......


    31. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2004
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      5,366
      Vehicles
      R
      05-08-2013 06:53 PM #66

    32. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      05-16-2013 01:29 AM #67
      My fronts showed up today. I will hopefully have my management this week.


    33. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      06-01-2013 08:04 PM #68
      New car seat for my son


    34. 06-14-2013 12:50 AM #69
      Cool car seat .. !!


      where did you get your B&G springs .. ???

      would you be selling them if you go with the air system .. ??

      thanks ... Dave C.

    35. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,851
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      06-14-2013 12:52 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by dacuck View Post
      Cool car seat .. !!


      where did you get your B&G springs .. ???

      would you be selling them if you go with the air system .. ??

      thanks ... Dave C.
      I got them directly from B&G. They are local to me and a close friend used to be part owner.

      They will be up for sale in the next week or two, after I install the air ride. If you are interested, let me know where you are located so I can get you a price including shipping.

    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •