Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Help! Galaxy S2 question.

1. 08-28-2012 06:13 PM #1
      My phone recently got an upate, and when the update was all said and done, I couldn't receive my e-mails anymore. Also somethings online cannot be displayed. Here are some screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about:

In this picture as you can see not everything appears on the screen. At the very top I get a blue square.

In this picture as you can see I have 3 e-mails.

As you can see when I go to read them there is nothing there.

I've also noticed that my battery life sucks even more.

Please guys help me out here, I don't know what to do. As always thanks for your help.

2. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      08-28-2012 10:29 PM #2
      At this point, you might as well flash CM10 for S2 so you are no longer infringing on Apple's patents. Lol.

I think the stock S2 Rom really does blow over time as it is not stable or solid over time the stock Samsung apps are so leaky and buggy too.

Root the phone, then download clockwork mod and select any of the popular roms to flash over the device.

Make sure you backup your settings or write down the configs.

3. 08-29-2012 11:43 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Vision33r View Post
      At this point, you might as well flash CM10 for S2 so you are no longer infringing on Apple's patents. Lol.

I think the stock S2 Rom really does blow over time as it is not stable or solid over time the stock Samsung apps are so leaky and buggy too.

Root the phone, then download clockwork mod and select any of the popular roms to flash over the device.

Make sure you backup your settings or write down the configs.
      Vision thank you for your help, but as I'm reading your reply I'm thinking to myself "WTF is he talking about?"

I don't know how to do any of what you said.....I'm not that tech savy, as you can see.

4. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      08-29-2012 01:46 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by EvoJetta View Post
      Vision thank you for your help, but as I'm reading your reply I'm thinking to myself "WTF is he talking about?"

I don't know how to do any of what you said.....I'm not that tech savy, as you can see.
      Ok,

Step 1: Root the phone. There are lots of places and youtube videos that shows you how.
      Step 2: Install ClockworkMod Rom manager from the Play store.
      Step 3: Back up your settings, download and install an app backup tool that can backup settings like Titanium Backup. Write down your email passwords or any settings that you need to enter when you get a new phone. Copy your backup to Dropbox or to your PC.

Step 4: Open ClockworkMod Rom mgr and check out what Roms they have for your device. Roms are basically like operating system. When you flash a rom, it means you're writing the software to the phone's read-only memory area.

Once you pick a ROM such as CyanogenMod 10, find a stable release version and don't pick the most recent daily build.

Select it to flash over your phone, pick all the options to clear data and wipe handset.

Step 5: The phone will reboot and then install the rom. When finished it will be like a new device and you will proceed to sign in and then 1st thing to install is the backup software. Then copy your backup over to the phone to begin restoring settings or apps that you use.

Here's a link to some info on how to install roms for the S2: http://droidviews.com/2012/best-cust...xy-s2-gt-9100/

5. 08-30-2012 01:06 AM #5
      Vision you my friend are D-man!!! Thank you so much for your help Ill do this over the weekend. Wish me luck and hope I don't mess up my phone.

6. 10-11-2012 06:20 AM #6
      Bookmarked !!
      thank you for these steps